Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So this entire album (well, almost all of it) seems to me to be about Barrie; she still loves him, wants to be with him, wants to dance and party with him, wants him to "come back to America". Thinking about all the songs with this meaning sort of changes my interpretation of HIADT... the hope that she has and why it's so dangerous, is because after going through all her emotions through 1-13, she still ends it all hoping that they'll end up together, and part of her can't move on because of it, which is why that hope is dangerous, and why the album closes with that song and not Venice Beach (which everyone agrees would at least sonically be the better closer).

1. "Norman Fucking Rockwell"   3 / 10

2. "Mariners Apartment Complex"   4 / 10

3. "Venice Bitch"   3 / 10

4. "Fuck It I Love You"   9 / 10

5. "Doin' Time"   10 / 10

6. "Love Song"   5 / 10

7. "Cinnamon Girl"   10 /10

8. "How to Disappear"   2 /10

9. "California"   10 / 10

10. "The Next Best American Record"   9 / 10

11. "The Greatest"   6 / 10

12. "Bartender"   9 / 10

13. "Happiness Is a Butterfly"   10 / 10

14. "Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Have It"  2  / 10

Doin' Time a 10 but you gave Venice Bitch a 3... clownery 

If she didn’t know much about Lana how on earth did she end up with the cassette? I can’t see someone who doesn’t know much about an artist or their music actually pre ordering anything let alone a cassette of all things. Unless she’s lying because she’s scared.

Didn't her parents or grandparents or etc. give it to her? 

Like, she probably knew it was supposed to come on the 30th, but she probably was also just excited and felt special for having it before the release date, so she wanted to share, maybe she thought she was doing something nice. She didn't even have that many followers, I don't think she had the notion of what she was doing, she probably wanted to just send the songs to her friends and she didn't have the full conscious that uploading songs is illegal and that she would get into trouble or be chased by Universal or the whole Internet. She's just a 7th or 8th grader at the end of the day, and it was just a mistake. I don't think she deserves some type of comments I've read already.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

4. "Fuck It I Love You"   9 / 10

5. "Doin' Time"   10 / 10

6. "Love Song"   5 / 10

7. "Cinnamon Girl"   10 /10

9. "California"   10 / 10

11. "The Greatest"   6 / 10

12. "Bartender"   9 / 10

13. "Happiness Is a Butterfly"   10 / 10

14. "Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Have It"  2  / 10

large.jpg

no offence but I can't believe some of u have waited almost a year to hear this album and you chose to listen to a lq leak  :deadbanana: baffles me

Her endless teasing destroyed my will power! I bought two extra copies and a vinyl for the good sis.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1. "Norman Fucking Rockwell" 3 / 10

2. "Mariners Apartment Complex" 4 / 10

3. "Venice Bitch" 3 / 10

4. "Fuck It I Love You" 9 / 10

5. "Doin' Time" 10 / 10

6. "Love Song" 5 / 10

7. "Cinnamon Girl" 10 /10

8. "How to Disappear" 2 /10

9. "California" 10 / 10

10. "The Next Best American Record" 9 / 10

11. "The Greatest" 6 / 10

12. "Bartender" 9 / 10

13. "Happiness Is a Butterfly" 10 / 10

14. "Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Have It" 2 / 10

I can't read

tenor.gif?itemid=14712965

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

If she didn’t know much about Lana how on earth did she end up with the cassette? I can’t see someone who doesn’t know much about an artist or their music actually pre ordering anything let alone a cassette of all things. Unless she’s lying because she’s scared.

Maybe it's her sister's or something idk, maybe a friend of hers is a big fan and gave it to her hoping she'd like it. I used to give my favorite albums to my friends all the time hoping to convert them lol

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Her endless teasing destroyed my will power! I bought two extra copies and a vinyl for the good sis.

I'm sympathetic to that, it's been a draining era but I personally want my first listen through of the album to be as full and complete as possible. It's not so much the leak itself I take issue with, just the quality.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

no offence but I can't believe some of u have waited almost a year to hear this album and you chose to listen to a lq leak  :deadbanana: baffles me

no offence but it took Lana a whole effin year to release that album, and the roll out has been hella messy and has dragged on for way too long, even by Lana's "standards". You bet I listened to the shitty cassette iPhone recording of NFR

I'm sympathetic to that, it's been a draining era but I personally want my first listen through of the album to be as full and complete as possible. It's not so much the leak itself I take issue with, just the quality.

Yeah, the quality is piss poor, but it will make the high quality sound even better to me just like it did with Honeymoon

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

no offence but it took Lana a whole effin year to release that album, and the roll out has been hella messy and has dragged on for way too long, even by Lana's "standards". You bet I listened to the shitty cassette iPhone recording of NFR

In the end I think you only rob yourself of a richer experience. You only get to hear this album for the first time once.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

In the end I think you only rob yourself of a richer experience. You only get to hear this album for the first time once.

That I won't argue with, you are correct. But to be fair, I've only listened to what had already been leaked prior to today, the title track and HIAB.

This!!! I’ve been holding out bc I know how good it’ll be

I just can’t believe people are ranking the songs based off of a shitty “leak” LMAO

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

if im being honest the first listen doesnt matter lol

fuck i dont even remember my first btd, pd, uv, hm, or lfl listens

you grow with a lana record and make memories with it, thats what matters to me not a first listen

the fact that lana pretty much leaked cinnamon girl and happiness is a butterfly with snippets, i thought something unexpected would happen in hiab but it was pretty much everything we already heard

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Wow I mean that makes it even weirder that they would cancel this - and with no explanation whatsoever? I haven't seen much discussion of how bizarre that is! Is it just me?? x

Lana mentioned it in a group chat she's in with some fans on ig... If I remember correctly it was last year around November.