Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

oh my god is she fighting over a fucking stupid username?? lmaooo

another lifeless bish jesus fucking christ u just reminded me of another ugly bish that i've blocked days ago here

bitch im 27 yo i have no time to fight over a fucking stupid username that i've been using since forever, the old ultramermaid one i've changed it since 2017 or before and edited to this one

u can check my profile since u have too free time and make sure that i didn't steal that basic username

and yeah my bad i totally forgot the original one has no LDR so yeah, sorry  :creep:

i advice u as the lifeless puta that was fighting with over a tweet, get a life sweaty or don't since u seem like a kid :hooker:  now u got blocked so save ur energy cuz i wouldn't be able to see ur future posts x

well, u just did it  :awk:

lana changing "you did it all for fame" to "we did it all for fame" in BAR just acknowledges her own ego fueled (but perfectly human and natural) journey to want this Hollywood success to feel something. yeah,  a vague song about an ex lover who thought he was norman fuckin rockwell who wanted to write the best american record is a big fuck you to him and a fun song, but a song acknowledging both your ex partner's AND your own flaws and obsession with wanting to be iconic and adored????? !!!!!!! SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO BE THIS SELF AWARE AND EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT TO GET HER COINS AND STREAMS BUT SHE DID IT ANYWAY!!!

anyways.. listening to the album in the way that we got it sounds like i'm back in 2015 listening to it on the Honeymoon hotline  :flutter:

btw cinnamon girl bridge is terrible

i'm with you on the 2015 comment

i'm not with you on cinnamon girl

giphy.gif

MY RATINGS FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD

Mariners Apartment Complex 10

Greatest 10

California 9

Bartender 9

How to Disappear 9

Cinnamon Girl 8

Happiness is a Butterfly 8

Fuck it I love You 7.5

Norman Fucking Rockwell 7

Love Song 6.5

[every song above 6 is good! I listened to happiness is a butterfly & cinnamon (white mustang of this era!) snippet so many times, the end product did not make me that happy]

Hope Is a Dangerous Thing 6

Doin' Time 6

Venice Bitch 5

The Next Best American Record 4

[every song below six, is either a so-so cover (doin' time), has non-existent beyond-basic production that ruins the song (hope is a dangerous thing) or the song is just boring to me cause it doesn't click (venice bitch). omg I'm so pissed about best american record - it was a 10 but she butchered the lyrics to something lame & crinngey. she should have left the demo untouched. I couldn't even finish the reworked version it was so stoopid.]

Overall rating: 7.5/10

Idk where it stands in comparison to UV, Honeymoon & LFL — but I can say this for sure that it comes nowhere close to her magnus opus BTD (Paradise Edition) & her second best, Kahne produced, AKA.

I like the use of synth in production.

Greatest 10

California 9

Bartender 9

How to Disappear 9

Cinnamon Girl 8

Fuck it I love You 7.5

Love Song 6.5

[every song above 6 is good! I listened to happiness is a butterfly & cinnamon (white mustang of this era!) snippet so many times, the end product did not make me that happy]

Doin' Time 6

Venice Bitch 5

[every song below six, is either a so-so cover (doin' time), has non-existent beyond-basic production that ruins the song (hope is a dangerous thing) or the song is just boring to me cause it doesn't click (venice bitch). omg I'm so pissed about best american record - it was a 10 but she butchered the lyrics to something lame & crinngey. she should have left the demo untouched. I couldn't even finish the reworked version it was so stoopid.]

Idk where it stands in comparison to UV, Honeymoon & LFL — but I can say this for sure that it comes nowhere close to her magnus opus BTD (Paradise Edition) & her second best, Kahne produced, AKA.

see now, there's where you lost credibility

giphy.gif

The structure and the way she sings in this song reminds me a little bit of Regina Spector~

It reminds me of Emilie Autumn's "Mad girl" or "Gaslight", maybe more to the last one because of the waltz vibe

i'm with you on the 2015 comment

i'm not with you on cinnamon girl

idk she sounds very whiny and repetitive as its basically the chorus delivered in a diff tone like sis couldn't come up w something else (not including the outro instrumental which is nice)

R5sPD4M.jpg

Greatest 10

California 9

Bartender 9

How to Disappear 9

Cinnamon Girl 8

Fuck it I love You 7.5

Love Song 6.5

Doin' Time 6

Venice Bitch 5

Girl. Btd and P is worst lana album... For me even sirens are better.

Cinnamon girl even in LQ is god tier 11/10

Venice bitch 10/10

Mac 10/10

Hope is cute

Doin time is fun

Idk about rest will see in hq

Nfr is lanas Ray of light and i dont think that anything will be able to top this.

Mmeow~

.. . .. . so I know it's subjective but. Which tracks top The Greatest? 23uy55e.jpg

California, period lol. PS I'm on mod que so this post may be super delayed since it's so early. Either way I'd say The Greatest and California are my two faves. It's hard to decide for a third. I'll wait till the album drops for that.