Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I still can't believe there are people who think Hope is a bad song. It's devastating and gorgeous, and it's going to be a brilliant end to the album based on what we've heard so far. The Greatest really sealed the deal on that for me.

Y'all talking about Rick, Dan and Jack but paying dust to Kieron is home of topic. He literally was the one who encapsulated everything that is Lana Del Rey and translated it in her most brilliant and cohesive album to date.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Y'all talking about Rick, Dan and Jack but paying dust to Kieron is home of topic. He literally was the one who encapsulated everything that is Lana Del Rey and translated it in her most brilliant and cohesive album to date.

he works almost on all of her honeymoon songs and damn that was amazing how did i forget that 

:smile3:

Where did he go :(

I still can't believe there are people who think Hope is a bad song. It's devastating and gorgeous, and it's going to be a brilliant end to the album based on what we've heard so far. The Greatest really sealed the deal on that for me.

Completely agree. I would understand indifference but like actual vitriol??? WHAT?  I don't understand. It's so lovely. Those last few moments when she jumps up a register and everything is as delicate as possible and you can really feel she means what she's singing and then the final chords don't resolve back to 1 leaving it so open ended. FUCK. So good. 

he strictly only worked on the engineering and beats of HM... and he, as ALL of her co-workers, did what Lana came up with. His work can be excellent (Art Deco, HBTB, Freak, Blackest Day...) as can be a mess (some of the LFL drum work)

Where did he go :(

nowhere, they're still working

i really expected something like really electronic and almost trip hop when lana said she was working with jack lol

Low key thought we were gonna get something kinda like MASSEDUCTION when I heard jack was producing ..

Jack seems to let the artist decide what direction she wants and he adapts to that vision and brings in his touch. I am not a big expert of his repertoire, to be honest. I love Masseduction and I listened to a couple of songs from Melodrama, and a couple of Taylor's as well. I sometimes recognize his twist but the songs can be very different from an artist to another. 

I'm sure there are gonna be a couple of «sudden shifts» in songs from NFR because it happens in all of the albums he produced. I always find those weird at first, then I get used to them (I always felt Green Lights had many different switches that didn't feel that harmonious though). 

I’m glad when Lana and Jack finally worked together, we didn’t end up with Lana over the typical 80s synths n stuff that people usually associate with Jack’s production. Tbh I originally expected something kind of like Bruce Springsteen’s 80s albums when I heard Lana and Jack would be working together. Instead they did something different from what either of them usually do and it’s so raw and honest.

(I just kinda wish Taylor Swift or Lorde would do an album more like this with him)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

lmao do y’all know he coproduced a lot of lust for life tracks too

I know, but he's not credited on NFR at all

I don't understand the hate for TNBAR's new lyrics. They're cute and California-based now, just like the rest of the record

giphy.gif

Yes yes yes

I didnt see him. What’s his ig profile or sumn

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*