Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

You could add:

Dream a Little Dream of Me (referenced in FIILY)

Summertime (sort of referenced in Doin Time technically)

Happiness is a Warm Gun (pretty sure it was referenced in VB)

Last Resort (I feel like it’s constantly referenced throughout the album)

dream a little dream of me is on there and happiness is a warm gun was *kinda* referenced in bartender but idk if it's big enough to constitute adding it. also idl what last resort is but I'll add happiness

giphy.gif

''or the title track, a ballad rich with one-liner gems like, “Your poetry’s bad, and you blame the news” -- songs that represent the best writing in her career yet have almost zero chance of radio play.''

This is going to be a critical consensus except in far, dark, obscure corners of Lana boards.

Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

Just hear Venice Bitch with a good headphone for the first time. 

so many little details and layers, truly one of her best song.  :defeated:

Right? Bought a new phone this summer and its headphones are really good and when I was listening to venice mac and west coast there are so many layers hidden vocals and stuff

made a playlist of all the lyrical references lana makes on the album to other songs https://open.spotify.com/user/22hfr4go2pbabzrocl6tlcihi/playlist/3pwYWzYZioshZ4N8eK2BZF?si=GxIyMBViR9qk9qMfNRAH1A

I haven't watched the video yet but The National???  My favourite Sad Dads???  They're one of the best live bands currently touring, if anyone has a chance to see them go for it!

The person who wrote the Billboard article (Meaghan Garvey) is also going to be writing her Pitchfork review ksskjsjs

Best new music confirmed  :woot: but how do you know that?

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

''In many ways, Norman Fucking Rockwell feels like a fulfillment of the groundwork she has spent nearly a decade laying: She is now free to be Lana, no questions asked.''

Billboard gets it.

Goddamn apparently the links for lover are disappearing as soon as they get put up. Lana needs to share more than a producer with Taylor

Managed to find a download pretty easily

edit,,,, lets leave taylor alone

god-damn.png

I'm not saying we should spread the Lover leak to give Lana a better chance at a #1 but I'm also not not saying it :hooker:

jk pls dont ban me

Don't worry, the album is so bad that it should disappear after first week (wbk people will like it anyway...)

Managed to find a download pretty easily

Wouldn't it be terrible if someone shared links for it on twitter   :teehee:

don't get a warning point!

giphy.gif

while this era has been a mess from start to finish, i feel like lana has continued to constantly feed us amazing content. i mean we didn't get many interviews or photoshoots or a lot of extra shit, but she's doing actual music videos with a lot of effort put into them as well as music (the most important thing here) that is really fresh and unique (even for her). idk i feel like this era compared to the lust for life era is just so much better y'know? even though almost everything this era leaked, lana refuses to let that stop her from serving up a double music video, a radio interview, and a magazine spread today, as well as another radio interview and the album next week. idk i guess it just makes me happy to see her not cracking under pressure and continuing doing what she loves doing: making music.

giphy.gif

“I wasn’t in the mood to write,” she admits. “He wanted me to meet him in some random diner, and I was like, ‘You already worked with everyone else; I don’t know where there’s room for me.’ ” But when Antonoff played her 10 minutes of weird, atmospheric riffs, Del Rey could immediately picture her new album: “A folk record with a little surf twist.”

Reminder that Jack is a GOD!