Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

NOTHING against the peeps who've already listened to the record, but I just can't bring myself to make the first listen in lower quality, so I'll have to wait, but I think everyone's been guesting and waiting for u guys to tease TF outta it NAOOOOOWWW tenor.gif

Listening to this heavenly album in LQ must be such a disservice to the production i remember when william eyelash's album first leaked in LQ i hated it but once it was released and I heard the production in all its HQ glory my opinion drastically changed

Listening to this heavenly album in LQ must be such a disservice to the production i remember when william eyelash's album first leaked in LQ i hated it but once it was released and I heard the production in all its HQ glory my opinion drastically changed

that's honestly just what I'm afraid of.. idk whowill eyelash is tbh, but, I remember listening to ARTPOP leaks, and it wasn't the same. Def not the same kinda album, but the experience? Nopee 

holding out for Love Sonnnnng

UV/Honeymoon

I don't find the first listening experience to be very decisive, so I don't mind that it was LQ. The first time I listened to Honeymoon was that LQ leak also, and it's still my favorite record to date. Listening to the LQ leak prevents me from dying of a heart attack when I hear the songs for the first time in HQ.

I’m always stoked for a new record, but I haven’t been *this* stoked since UV. Floored since MAC. She’s just exuding so much warmth and confidence. I’m basking in it.

I totally cracked and listened to the lq leak. California has me floored and weeping - it reminds me a lot of YG. It feels so personal. Can’t wait to listen to the entire album in HQ.

so in the greatest she says “and i pray that you stay”? i’m sorry all i can hear is “and i’m wasted” but i really don’t know

i think she does say "and i'm wasted" and apple music's lyrics are wrong which happens all the time 

I am living for the emotions in her voice, that's something I was desperately missing in LFL. The restrained desperation in The Greatest..she has such a talent for conveying emotion without overdoing it

right! I enjoyed lfl but lana sounded lowkey bored the whole time and it ruined some of the songs, but in nfr she manages to make every word she says count because of how much emotion she puts into it

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

literally havent even watched the video or heard the songs yet bc im too scared lmfao yall are making it sound like this is probably gonna make me cry :defeated:

UbsOye5.png

Listening to FIILY again, it is interesting to view it as her loving herself as someone else previously said

I like the songs progression in lyrics, and how specific parts of the song are clearer to be heard than others. it feels like a complex song somehow.

the greatest is a masterpiece. I wonder when singing some parts it is in reference to more current or past events. I adore how the song builds gradually with "and if this is it‚ I had a ball, I guess that I'm burned out after all" and falls again with "if this is it, im signing off". 

literally havent even watched the video or heard the songs yet bc im too scared lmfao yall are making it sound like this is probably gonna make me cry :defeated:

I haven't listened to the album in LQ, waiting until the 30th for the full audio implosion, but I couldn't wait to watch the vid. It's fucking brilliantly beautiful. I've been streaming it all night

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I don’t understand why locals are obsessed with HIAB

LOCALS

ONLY

Me bawling every time I listen to love song

Details pls

Love song spoilers

the track doesn’t explode into a symphony or anything big. It seems like a very intimate love letter imo. The production and chord progression stays the same, which makes the song feel more like a poem. The three and a half minutes makes you feel like you’re levitating when you listen during a sunrise or a sunset drive after a long day.

“I would like to think that you would stay around”

“You move but I just got to make you proud”

“I believe that you see me for who I am”

“Is it safe to just be who we are?”

Such a beautiful track and honestly holds up as my favorite, maybe because I relate more since I’m in a long term relationship. It really just moves me to tears, she sounds very sure in this song.

Love song spoilers

the track doesn’t explode into a symphony or anything big. It seems like a very intimate love letter imo. The production and chord progression stays the same, which makes the song feel more like a poem. The three and a half minutes makes you feel like you’re levitating when you listen during a sunrise or a sunset drive after a long day.

“I would like to think that you would stay around”

“You move but I just got to make you proud”

“I believe that you see me for who I am”

“Is it safe to just be who we are?”

Such a beautiful track and honestly holds up as my favorite, maybe because I relate more since I’m in a long term relationship. It really just moves me to tears, she sounds very sure in this song.

I'm fucking hyppeeeeeeeed :krylie: Glad that u can enjoy it w ur love ah ! ok ok so. what are these interludes that everyone's talking about in HiaB tho?? 

UV/Honeymoon

I'm fucking hyppeeeeeeeed :krylie: Glad that u can enjoy it w ur love ah ! ok ok so. what are these interludes that everyone's talking about in HiaB tho??

Yes!! I enjoy love song on a very personal level

HIAB spoilers

I really like HIAB also specifically for the “interludes” which are just kinda short verses. The reasons the album shines for me is because she FINALLY changes her song structure. The interludes just make the song sound more full and cohesive. “Do you want me or do you not? I heard one thing and now I’m hearing another”

Sis really goes off on that song. Also she adds string and electric bass I believe after the first “don’t be a jerk...” chorus. Super super good!

Yes!! I enjoy love song on a very personal level

HIAB spoilers

I really like HIAB also specifically for the “interludes” which are just kinda short verses. The reasons the album shines for me is because she FINALLY changes her song structure. The interludes just make the song sound more full and cohesive. “Do you want me or do you not? I heard one thing and now I’m hearing another”

Sis really goes off on that song. Also she adds string and electric bass I believe after the first “don’t be a jerk...” chorus. Super super good!

One of my most anticipated so ohmygod. So, does she sing the interludes, or are they spoken? bc i'm so confused about that. Fucking excited for it dfjvnbundoifjaoaifei

UV/Honeymoon