Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Hmm seems like NFR will do 40k from streaming + 20k digital copies + 45k physical copies (including tour bundles)

so you're predicting that it'll flop?

giphy.gif

Will there really be a clean version? I hope not. I need Venice Bitch and not Venice or Venice Chick!

I would love if Lana recorded a clean NFR version... I mean, the edit for FIILY was a MESS lol

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I am confused what Lana thinks "locals only" means bc she is from NY not CA but uh we stan kween of fakeness yassss

Whoever designed that jacket really fell at the last hurdle lmao

She has lived there for a while though tbh It's fair to say she's a local  :creep:

god-damn.png

I am confused what Lana thinks "locals only" means bc she is from NY not CA but uh we stan kween of fakeness yassss

If you've lived somewhere for several years and it's your home, you're a local.

:facepalm:

The California Lana persona started around the UV time.  She took the the coast.  She's as local as any celebrity, to which if there's actually any Malibu natives left or anything wouldn't call her a local. I actually like that she addresses New York a lot in this album fairly directly about being another place and time, so to her, she is a local.  The NY past is foreign and she grapples with that.

u6pq4c9.gif

For the moment, Hope > FIILY = TG > MAC > DT > VB

AND DON'T COME AT ME yeah VB is gorgeous and beautifully produced but it's just my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being my least favourite from the record. Don't know why I cannot appreciate it as much as other people do

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Personally I don't get the appeal of insisting albums are her magnum opus. BTD was her establishing LDR. UV was her working exploring the LDR identity. HM was working through the fame that comes with that identity. LfL was her changing her perception on fame, fans, her place in the world. NFR seems to be her working through more personal things. All of the albums have a distinct sound and personality and overall motivation behind them. I don't think one album will ever be her magnum opus, I think that as a whole they form it. That's why when people start vigorously comparing albums they fall apart- there are weak links in each album. Including NFR.

Fuck it I love you

Tumblr

Yess publications pull through

On Monday, LDR tweeted, “I miss doin nothin the most of all,” leading some of her more paranoid fans to wonder whether she may be plotting her retirement. Turns out she was she just referencing one of her two excellent new singles out Friday. The song the line was pulled from, “The Greatest,” is possibly her best song in years, and an instant Lana classic: She sings of California dreaming, pining for the past, generational dread, and Kanye and Bowie over an AOR instrumental. It’s perfect. The other song released Friday is called “Fuck It I Love You,” which … I’m shocked she doesn’t already have song called that. We’re one week out from Norman Fucking Rockwell, her new album, and if these songs and the previous singles are indication, we may be getting her magnum opus.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF