Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The new music video is flopping hard and that's unacceptable

It's 9 minutes long and says "fuck" in the title yet still got over 2 million views in 24 hours and is still trending in the UK what more were you expecting to happen

The new music video is flopping hard and that's unacceptable

Locals prefer cinnamon girl apparently but anyway if it's acclaimed it's not a flop

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

It's 9 minutes long and says "fuck" in the title yet still got over 2 million views in 24 hours and is still trending in the UK what more were you expecting to happen

I was expecting at least 5 or 6M views based on how good the video is and how beautiful the songs are.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Well, what can I say the video and the songs exceeded any expectations I had and I already knew they would be fantastic. This album is already undoubtedly her best judging from all the songs released. She has inserted her own personality so much in this album in a way I think is only comparable to some of her really early laptop demos - the lyrics are less broad and could truly only be sung by her and its that crazy world that she creates that we buy into. The full-fledged return of the surfy vibe is so exciting. Fuck it I love you has echoes of Pin up galore for me which I think is one of her best songs atmospherically.

The guitar solo on The greatest  :defeated:  These songs are just too good and the video is fucking amazing. I love the imagery and the themes in it. She looks too good, every frame would be great as a cover..... This feels like a new peak for her music! I loved Lust For Life but with Norman Fucking Rockwell! feeling sooooooo unapologetically her, I think it's notable how she said Lust For Life was the first album she made "for the fans" and the fact Norman Fucking Rockwell! wasn't and wasn't even planned to be made at all is what makes it so compelling and exciting. I can't think of a better artist.  :gclap:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I was expecting at least 5 or 6M views based on how good the video is and how beautiful the songs are.

Damn, I don't think she's gotten numbers this big before in a day, why would you expect that lol, the video is 9 minutes too

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Damn, I don't think she's gotten numbers this big before in a day, why would you expect that lol, the video is 9 minutes too

Well LOVE kinda did hehe

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Wait people don’t like In My Feelings??? That’s like my favorite song from L4L, the level of fed up she is, is so refreshing to hear. It’s such a cathartic song about female anger and the men who don’t deserve us.

I’ve never got the hate for In My Feelings. It’s like if someone hates it automatically the rest of the fanbase is gonna hate it anyway. The same happens with the full album so I’m not surprised.

Well LOVE kinda did hehe

Isn't 2M in 24hrs her record, making this her biggest premiere? I read it somewhere on Twitter today.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

For those who want to buy the NFR limited edition cassette but aren't form the UK, there's someone on the UK who pre-ordered it and will dispatch it immediately to international buyers for like 60 euros, here's the link

60 POUNDS LMAO.