Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I haven't listened but I'm so mad at the fact that they changed Fuck It

I know How to Disappear is ruined

Best American Record new lyrics and NO new production

or maybe I woke up in a really bad mood

As I said, the changes they did in FIILY are not that drastic. It still sounds the same, just a little bit less bop-y. And I noticed some changes towards the ending of BAR, I really like it p7rOzu0.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Would someone please be so kind to DM me a link to the album? I've been souring all morning and my computers probably littered with spyware at this point...

for the last time people we are NOT ALLOWED TO ASK FOR LINKS delete this

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

:spin:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

for the last time people we are NOT ALLOWED TO ASK FOR LINKS delete this

this person literally has one post they obvs don't care snnsn

mods should make a post limit to like 100+ for some threads for times like these

i76mrxw.png 

i added Season of the witch, FIILY (single version) and looking for america to the tracklist, it's 18 tracks, it's so beautiful honestly

TASTE :yesnod:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

even though it ruins my album-a-day countdown to nfr, I listened to the hq leak.

Here’s my ranking (it was hard because holy shit this album is heavenly):

1. Venice Bitch

2. Bartender

3. Happiness is a Butterfly

4. How to Disappear

5. California

6. Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have- But I Have It

7. The Greatest

8. Norman fucking Rockwell

9. Love Song

10. The Next Best American Record

11. Mariners Apartment Complex

12. Fuck it I Love You

13. Cinnamon Girl

14. Doin’ Time

I cried so much, it’s all so good. This is 100% her best album. I always had a hard time picking between UV and HM as the best and now I don’t have to.

I can’t wait til Friday to make my husband listen to it with me. I kind of even wanna make plans with my mother to force her to listen to it too lol. I just wanna show it to everyone.

Also in the title track does she say “resident laurel can-you-know-it-all”? The genius lyrics are different so idk but these sound better anyway.

And I love the talking at the end of HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI. It’s some nice existential closing thoughts and I love when albums have something like that at the end.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I have chosen to include the single version of Fuck It in the official album in my iTunes and have the album version in a different album with the tag (CD Version) in the end. My bet is that the single version will be included in Spotify/Apple Music release as it matches the leaked snippet

Butthole boy is confirmed Duck with some leek in his sh**tty asshole

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Hey! I've been lurking here for a while and I finally caved in and joined lol

Listened to the whole album!

TNBAR is getting a lot of hate but it's TOTALLY the emotional apex of the album for me. That bridge is the climax and it ushers in the piano ballads really beautifully.

To me, seems like the main theme here is escapism. The outro of Hope is really beautiful in this context. It's devastating, basically Lana acknowledging that the world she created in NFR isn't real, it's a construct. All the romance and partying in songs like FIILY and TNBAR; the carefree living in songs like VB and Lovesong; the idea that love defeats egomania; it's all a fantasy. It's all in her head.  :defeated:

I have chosen to include the single version of Fuck It in the official album in my iTunes and have the album version in a different album with the tag (CD Version) in the end. My bet is that the single version will be included in Spotify/Apple Music release as it matches the leaked snippet

I'll probably do the same thing, leave the single version in the album and include (album version) at the end of this new version.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains