Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

There's no huge point in romanticizing them either. Death suddenly erases domestic abuse, rape, and racism I guess. Lou Reed was alive when Brooklyn Baby was recorded, so yeah, pretty relevant. 

Couldn't be you, of course. 

Anyway, is Jack the only producer on the album version of Fuck It I Love You?

where did i say it erases anything??? im saying that there's no point in calling out a dead person's behavior in a song they're never gonna hear. i fucking hate the people lou reed and Lennon were don't get it twisted

giphy.gif

:(

In all seriousness I'm sorry you're associating that beautiful song with such ugly experiences, it's awful when a song reminds us of someone we don't want to be reminded of and we just stop listening or enjoying it because of those memories. I hope you can get over him soon so you can find some peace of mind and experience California at her highest glory  :flutter:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Next time there’s a Lanaboards awards thing can we have a category for funniest post? Cause honestly “kayne can choke. the others can have my hole. your point is ..?” literally got me in fuckint TEARS

GUYS  on august 29 we should totally host a NFR pre release thread awards 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

In all seriousness I'm sorry you're associating that beautiful song with such ugly experiences, it's awful when a song reminds us of someone we don't want to be reminded of and we just stop listening or enjoying it because of those memories. I hope you can get over him soon so you can find some peace of mind and experience California at her highest glory  :flutter:

thank you so much baby <3

I know no one cares about this lol but I need to think of something beside the fact that I dislike the album

I can't at California... it makes me think of my ex so damn much

He was very weak, lazy and sad and I always told him it was okay... that I could make him feel stronger... and he left me THREE times... and if he called me once more I'd get the fuck up, look my best, spend all my money on taking him to the very best places etc... :defeated:

Haven't heard the song yet but I feel you in a way. The boy that I'm in love with lives very far away from me and he's often feeling low and wishes he could move on and travel. All I want sometimes is take him in my arms and make him feel a love he has never felt before. I wish I could tell him face to face that he can rely on me. And I wish I could take him anywhere he wants just to see him smile. So the lyrics of California really speak to me

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

where did i say it erases anything??? im saying that there's no point in calling out a dead person's behavior in a song they're never gonna hear. i fucking hate the people lou reed and Lennon were don't get it twisted

There's no point in romanticizing them either, they're not going to hear it after all and it just makes her work look hypocritical to romanticize all these horrible people but go after the lesser of two evils to boot. Like I said, prioritize one or don't bother with the wishy-washy social commentary. 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

the locals think the kanye namedrop is shade while the intellectuals would understand that she is saying that the "loss" of him is as saddening to her as the tensions between the countries, LA burning, global warming and more that she lists in the outro of The Greatest.

grow up.

I think it's both.

most of those past idols are dead and there's not a huge point in calling a dead person out

I don't think she should be calling anyone out, but it would be cool if she at least publically acknowledged the issue before going after other people's politics.