Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Β 

is no one going to mention the questionable mixing of this album? I mean the production is one thing, but I honestly cannot stand how Lana is drowned in the instrumentals on most of the tracks, like she almost didn't want us to hear her angelic voice on this record :defeated:

Β 

I'm going to DELETE all my Lana albums from iTunes because she did not call out the rusty corpse of some hippie singerΒ  :pigrez:Β  how DISGUSTING of her not to use her platform for igniting mass sociopolitical change and advancing my political agenda.

Β 

is no one going to mention the questionable mixing of this album? I mean the production is one thing, but I honestly cannot stand how Lana is drowned in the instrumentals on most of the tracks, like she almost didn't want us to hear her angelic voice on this record :defeated:

Β 

That only bothered me in HTD and maybe the verses in HiaB. I thought the volume of the vocals were tooo low compared to the chorus, it's weird

Β 

don't be scared to talk to me. i do well with bitches who think they're extra special and smarter than everyone else

Β 

The only post I quoted of urs before these two made 0 sense as u acknowledged yourself. :rip:

Β 
Anyway, I definitely do not want Jack to be a part of the next project, especially if he is the only one that produced the album version of FIILY.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Β 

Β 

Sadly, I agree

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I'm going to DELETE all my Lana albums from iTunes because she did not call out the rusty corpse of some hippie singerΒ  :pigrez:Β  how DISGUSTING of her not to use her platform for igniting mass sociopolitical change and advancing my political agenda.

Β 

If she's wanting to delve into politics she will need to accept that these questions will be brought up by people. It's not a problem for her considering she only participates in pre-approved interviews nowadays, but yeah. :rip:Β 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Y’all are still having this Kanye argument? Kanye’s a legend, one of the greatest artists of this generation, one of the most influential artists, and he became very blind in regards to social issues and started supporting Trump and made all these crazy comments, and that’s exactly why she namedropped him. It wasn’t β€œshade” or a β€œdiss”. She was singing about how everything’s turning out and everything that’s basically going wrong like how LA’s in flames and how one of the greatest artists of this generation has basically lost it. Like she mentioned in that one insta comment, Kanye supporting trump and wearing a MAGA hat is a loss for the culture, and that’s what the song’s basically about.

Β 

Also she is not romanticizing that Trump supporting beach boys member. She didn’t even mention him. She mentions how she β€œmisses the bar the beach boys used to go to” and then proceeded to reference Dennis’ death.

qfrWuBl.png

not that i disagree with u sis but not stanning wife beaters is not political i hope we can all agree smacking your wife is pretty bad

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

Umm..this is easily her best album. It's so cohesive and focused. Jack was an amazing producer choice. Expecting an 80+ on metacritic and a "best new music" on Pitchfork :defeated:Β Every song is so memorable too

Fun fact; Im looking at a spectral view of all the songs. TNBAR is the only song that's actually produced in lower quality lol. Not that it's produced in bad quality, it just caps out at the higher % of Hz

If she's wanting to delve into politics she will need to accept that these questions will be brought up by people. It's not a problem for her considering she only participates in pre-approved interviews nowadays, but yeah. :rip:

Β 

and if YOU want to delve into politics, maybe you should get off the laptop and go do something to make a change?

giphy.gif