Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i mean, lana reuses lyrics in every song ever, what is your point? i'm still gonna shake my ass to it. 

if your main concern is re-usage of Lana;s lyrics, baby, you might as well unstan cause you're up for a lot disappointment when her next album rolls out. x

Lana did not start recycling sounds until LFL, with Cherry being the BTD reject of that era.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I love the record so much but I'm kinda feeling like "Is that it?". Like all the songs leave me waiting for more, they don't really HAPPEN. I don't know it's a weird feeling.

that’s not weird at all it’s bound to happen when you’ve been waiting for something to come out for almost a year and you’ve been hyping it up in your mind so much no matter how great it is it can’t quite meet the imaginary standards you’ve set, it’s normal

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

Lana did not start recycling sounds until LFL, with Cherry being the BTD reject of that era.

um, you're confused. have you listened to the entirety of BTD? almost SEVERAL lyrics were reused in the majority of that album. also, Old Money was literally a laptop demo from when she was living in the trailer park. i think you also forget the amount of times this woman said "blue" on Honeymoon. whew!

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I love the record so much but I'm kinda feeling like "Is that it?". Like all the songs leave me waiting for more, they don't really HAPPEN. I don't know it's a weird feeling.

I get u. I haven't really listened to the whole thing, not even in order bc former statement. But I guess, for me, it hasn't really hit me yet. FIILY's demo slaps tho random factoid. 

I personally kinda like it tho? There's like a sense of longing about the tracks that i've listened to, and rn, I guess some songs already hit me emotionally just bc, so atm I'm kinda glad that it feels unfinished bc I'm sorta living some tracks from it right now, and I don't want it to end.. like fuck, pls fuck no

UV/Honeymoon

um, you're confused. have you listened to the entirety of BTD? almost SEVERAL lyrics were reused in the majority of that album. also, Old Money was literally a laptop demo from when she was living in the trailer park. i think you also forget the amount of times this woman said "blue" on Honeymoon. whew!

I said Lana did not start recycling sounds until LFL era. 

I really wish I hadn't read y'all impressions about California before I listened to the song because I pressed play expecting a lot and it didn't live up to my expectations. It's a good track but you guys made it sound like it was the second coming of West Coast or sum :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I get u. I haven't really listened to the whole thing, not even in order bc former statement. But I guess, for me, it hasn't really hit me yet. FIILY's demo slaps tho random factoid.

I personally kinda like it tho? There's like a sense of longing about the tracks that i've listened to, and rn, I guess some songs already hit me emotionally just bc, so atm I'm kinda glad that it feels unfinished bc I'm sorta living some tracks from it right now, and I don't want it to end.. like fuck, pls fuck no

Yes, I get it. Also maybe this "leaving wanting more" feeling is better than leaving the listener bored and tired.

I suspect to see this occur quite a lot over the next few months. This is how LFL went down. :rip:

I've predicted this months ago. It's a matter of time until some people around here start switching and praising LFL to bring NFR down. The same thing happened when LFL was released so mbK53xg.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I've predicted this months ago. It's a matter of time until some people around here start switching and praising LFL to bring NFR down. The same thing happened when LFL was released so mbK53xg.gif

But the difference is that Honeymoon is good, Lust for Life is not, Norman Fucking Rockwell is good

I loved CG SO MUCH that I don't want to get tired of it. I'm really afraid of that :defeated:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The amount of cattiness and off-topic posts in this thread is absolutely insane! C'mon guys, the pre-release era is supposed to be a fun time and the official release is so soon, why fight with one another?

Remember, if the post doesn't have anything to do with Norman Fucking Rockwell, please do not post it in this thread. Post it in a thread it belongs in or create a new one if one does not exist. Also, a general "don't poke the bear" rule.. don't engage in fights, that only keeps the fire alive. Just let it die and move on. I really do hate giving out WPs for any reason, but after this point, if I continue to see extended off-topic arguments, mods & I will be handing them out. Keep the excitement and joy alive, don't overshadow it with derailing negativity!! x

(also please do not post random off-topic posts with intentions of "getting to 4000 pages." That only promotes empty spam posts, which makes me uneasy to see.)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Yep. UV and HM are being used as ammo to try build NFR up at the moment.

Everyone had hopes that Love Song would morph into some psychedelic warfare (which it didn't) and now they're all trying to convince themselves that "it's beautiful because it's subdued!!!"

If a subdued song is what u wanted, why did u hope for it to turn into the opposite. :rip:

I said Lana did not start recycling sounds until LFL era. 

regardless, Paradise literally used the same style of production as BTD, even if you consider them the same album. Honeymoon was literally made with Born To Die in mind, and that's why most of the songs have similar lush production and there's the pop songs like HBTB, Freak, AD, and especially Religion. 

if you don't like it, leave. nobody is asking you to listen to it. i mean, why even spend your time dragging fans that share their opinions? we obviously like it, you're not going to change our opinion. i'm not arguing with you anymore. tahts on periodt! x

tenor.gif

stan loona and stream NFR in 2 days for clear skin

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric