Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

so i gave in and listened to the album yesterday. she did it again  :crai:   :crai:  :crai:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

I think, what this record is, for the most part imo, is the moments where you're just tired, with like, everything, and yet, you still find glimpses of light and love that you try to nurture and foster. Like, when your life's like a fucking storm, and you're trying to make things work and keep things going aside from the hardness and cold rigidness of what goes on in life, and then bam. U decide to share your inner thoughts and feelings, and you realize like a few seconds what goes on and it hits you? That there's still places of softness, and warmth that you'd find, and it just, fucking disarms you, and you feel grateful? Like, so so SO grateful. 

I think, it parallels a lot to what the trailer was introducing us to, like how we go through these moments of realization and find places of refuge, in the oceans of experience that we just live through. and. even if they're just islands where we feel safe, we're still fucking grateful for em. bc we're reminded of how we truly just want to be ourselves, past the defenses that what we put up. being able to be vulnerable like that. Like, it's a fucking whisper of the fucking heart, and how is that not powerful? Fucking courageous

UV/Honeymoon

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Fuck it I love you

Venice bitch

You fucked me so good that I almost said "I love you"

And if I wasn't so fucked up I think I'd fuck you all the time

Happiness is a Guttersnipe. Fuck you, I love it. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I really don't understand how people dislike Hope. It's so suffocatingly emotional. Such a perfectly raw blend of nihilism and optimism and a perfect picture of what living with depression for years feels like. Just a piano, a woman, and her pain. Perfection

My grandmother doesn't like music (she grew up in a different time) and she heard me listening to NFR and even she said that the music is beautiful and that she would listen to it. I was shook to hear that from my grandma, but if someone could get her into music, it's Lana :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

Am I the only one loving HTD? I agree with people saying it's overproduced during the second verse but the instrumental inbetween.. Is pure magic.. Magical.. And I am loving it so much

First impression c:

I gave it a listen yesterday night and wow I'm still impressed. I love how the first part is more dreamy, like if I was in a futuristic/retro California at sunset (till Cinnamon included). And then comes the night and the reality with more guitars and piano ballads. I think it's her most atmospheric record along with Honeymoon and the visuals in the double mv fit it perfectly.

I can't wait to listen to it in my cock car at night down the coast. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I can tell for sure that only Ultraviolence and Honeymoon gave me this kind of vibes at first listen. I'm pleased.

My ranks (for now):

Venice Bitch 

Cinnamon Girl 

California 

The Next Best American Record 

Happiness is a butterfly

Fuck It I Love You

Hope

The Greatest

Mariners Apartment Complex

Doin' Time

Bartender

Norman Fucking Rockwell 

--

Love song

How to disappear 

How to disappear and Love song are cute but not my cup of tea. I find the production of HTD out of place, while Love song is too simple for my taste. But I love the rest and I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as me.

Okay so apparently I can finally post on here

I really like the direction her music is taking with this album

Highlights for me are: NFR, MAC (one of my favorite songs of hers), Venice Bitch (the slightly updated mix is heavenly), Cinnamon Girl and its outro, and The Greatest. HIAB is also growing on me

However, i do feel the production and/or mixing is messy on certain songs and overall it ends up sounding kind of muffled, idk. I wish they'd have been more meticulous when it came to this. Also what happened with FIILY? I don't mind the percussions being more discrete but here they just sound cheap and demo-y.

Love how lana’s team fucks up everything but never forgets to post on facebook

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*