Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

so we’re ignoring how she sang through paper and her vocals had weird filters on lfl?

a big reason i don't like lust for life and nfr is this sound of her voice that sounds kinda emotionless and distant. like this paper thing, she just sounds so idk  how to describe it but i notice it in these last two albums. it doesn't sound clear and doesn't have the animation that can be found in songs like off to the races and lolita among others and its idk

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Honestly it's just hilarious how you're always using Honeymoon and Ultraviolence as some sort of leverage to make something that NFR is not.

Which also begs the question, if you don't like these albums all that much, what's got you into Lana, sorry but like you jumped from Born To Die right to L*st for Life? :rip:

Norman Fucking Rockwell is a cute album, but it ain't aaall it. 

We all know that if Lana was not at the receiving end of all that hatred in the beginning of her career she would've had critical acclaims after critical acclaims, and THAT is a fact. 

I don't need to use those albums as ''leverage''. I like those albums, but they're not what y'all making them out to be. 

I mock their stans because they deserve to be mocked. Because they're annoying and delusional as fuck. That's all.

The mic change I'm talking about is in Cinnamon, right after the "violet blue green red to keep me at arms length dont work". The main vocals come back on "you try to push me out..." with a different texture compared to the earlier lines and it makes no sense. It's clearly another take in another mic that wasn't cut correctly.

a big reason i don't like lust for life and nfr is this sound of her voice that sounds kinda emotionless and distant. like this paper thing, she just sounds so idk  how to describe it but i notice it in these last two albums. it doesn't sound clear and doesn't have the animation that can be found in songs like off to the races and lolita among others and its idk

noah fence but has Lana delivered vocals after Ultraviolence?

Agree, but sometimes as a producer don't you put your feet down and try to make a point for the betterment of the project you're working on? I mean I very much imagine Lana being a bit stubborn in the studio and wanting things to work her way, and from what I head she had fights while working on Ultraviolence because I imagine Dan Auerbach being as equally stubborn... and look how it turned out to be?

For NFR I feel like both of them were feeling going for this "quality", so I blame the both of them (but Jack I blame you the most).

You’re both very brave to say these things here, and I really appreciate your honesty. NFR is underwhelming as a whole, to me.

You’re both very brave to say these things here, and I really appreciate your honesty. NFR is underwhelming as a whole, to me.

Brave?? What the fuck are you talking about? It’s like 50/50 here people who like it and don’t. It doesn’t take courage to post shit like that when there a handful of people who will immediately jump to your defense and agree with you. No shade just truth lol.

I don't need to use those albums as ''leverage''. I like those albums, but they're not what y'all making them out to be. 

I mock their stans because they deserve to be mocked. Because they're annoying and delusional as fuck. That's all.

You like both albums, yet you mock the stans. Alright. Also, aren't you the stan that was going on tangents yesterday and had this whole theory about Lana being held captive in Interscope's basement? Not saying you're delusional... but that was a delusional moment.

If I go, might as well go in a blaze of glory!

giphy.gif

Brave?? What the fuck are you talking about? It’s like 50/50 here people who like it and don’t. It doesn’t take courage to post shit like that when there a handful of people who will immediately jump to your defense and agree with you. No shade just truth lol.

It’s brave because they’re expressing intelligent, considered opinions that are clearly expressed. Not just, “it’s iconic,” “it’s her best ever, I’m sobbing,” “I hate it, it’s her worst.”

If I go, might as well go in a blaze of glory!

I appreciate your intelligent, thoughtful analysis.

giphy.gif

Agree, there are people ready to jump of both sides of the fence, and I'm at peace with that. I'd much rather have lively (but civilized) discussions about our likes and dislikes, than feeling like this community is just dead.

Even though I do like LFL, I absolutely get what you mean. There's just a lack of clarity in the vocals. In Cinnamon Girl you can hear the switch, the good microphone vocals sounds heavenly but the verses are just muffled

The horses, they are high.

Silly dumb me, I forgot intelligence and bravery were the same thing.

Anyways, I’m not here to fight. I don’t intend on being antagonistic. I just feel like there has been a mostly negative vibe around here this week and it’s affecting my online presence. Lol

huh i actually feel the opposite. i kinda dislike her voice in btd, not only is it way too low for her, at points it sounds auto tuned and filtered. she isn’t capable of making the same sounds live, if she doesn’t sing the songs in a slightly higher voice her performance becomes really inconsistent, like the snl performance. in every album since she has sounded much better and i think she’s incredibly expressive in nfr in particular

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love