Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

''I definitely said no before I said yes.And then I said maybe. And then I was like, uhh, ok, yes.'' - Lana on Sublime cover

Told you it was Interscope who forced her!

Glad she did end up covering it! :flutter:

The interviewer said he would be terrified to cover a Sublime song so she responded saying YES, she was so nervous to cover a Sublime song BECAUSE she loves that album so much! :flutter:

She was scared of criticism. Ultimately, she made the right decision! :flutter:

Not a label puppet like some of her fans try to disgustingly portray her as. :flutter:

She really loves it here too:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxkvzNdBrif/

:flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Ok, guys, I caved in and listened to the leaks (and I am streaming the singles to be forgiven lol).

I won't rank it yet with her other albums, cause I have not listened to it a couple of times and I was more cherry picking songs than actually listening to it from cover to cover, but HOLY SHIT. WHAT A FUCKIN AWESOME RECORD. 

Truly her boldest when it comes to the production. It honestly feels like the BTD to LFL eras were a cycle and we entering a new one. So many awesome tracks. NFR, California, Bartender, The greatest, FIILY (single version), HIaB are instant favorites. 

Cinnamon Girl... I had to listen to it twice. Wasn't sure of the first listen but holy shit, the second one hits you like a drunk driver but in a good way. 

I will need to let Love Song and TNBAR sink in. Don't see the necessity of the outro on Hope...

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON ON HOW TO DISAPPEAR?!?!? Is it something so bold and genius that i need to listen to it ten times or is it just bad?!? The voice is great, but not with that production... 

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON ON HOW TO DISAPPEAR?!?!? Is it something so bold and genius that i need to listen to it ten times or is it just bad?!? The voice is great, but not with that production... 

General consensus is that it's bad and disappointing lol

copying a twitter comment that spoke some facts: Gays don't know anything about politics but as soon as a celebrity has an opinion y'all are choosing sides

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

copying a twitter comment that spoke some facts: Gays don't know anything about politics but as soon as a celebrity has an opinion y'all are choosing sides

Not me politically aligning with communism and realizing centrism is more right wing than it is leftist

so we finally know that the first two songs written with Jack were Love Song and Hope.

HIaB, VB and NFR were probably the ones after. 

HTD and FIILY, the last ones. 

Already looking forward to the next album. Do you guys think it'll be one year after NFR or two?

Let's say two at least. And a first snippet won't mean shit for the future release lol.

Yeah this stuff doesn’t phase me anymore. I literally just don’t care, requiring wokeness from entertainers makes it impossible to enjoy anything, I just like that she’s honest, if she tried being woke this era ppl would just poo on her for being fake woke to get fans.

Already looking forward to the next album. Do you guys think it'll be one year after NFR or two?

Probably two years. She mentioned she wasn't planning on making a new album after LFL until she met Jack (if I'm not mistaken).

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

why is everyone on twitter surprised about lana being a centrist (as most liberals are).... sis is 34 and not about to be joining the neo communist revolution let's be realistic

watch ig user neohumanism rename to neocommunism and reveal it was lana all along

giphy.gif

Isn't liberalism seen as center-left in the US? Maybe she just expressed herself poorly? Idk I'm not looking too much into it because I'm sure she's not a fucking republican and she just expressed herself in the wrong way. Call me delulu I'm a clown after all and I'm wasted and don't need a wake up call.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I think it won’t be long untill she starts the new era. She said that after lfl she wasn’t planning on making an album but then she found Jack and it seems like she really likes working with him and that it feels right for her so maybe she’s gonna go straight back to working with Jack again for another album.

qfrWuBl.png

I think it’s likely she just didn’t express herself well. Reminds me of when she said she wasn’t “interested” in feminism and people lost their shit. She’s been vocally anti-trump and LFA seems to indicate she’s in favor of gun control. Apart from Churchome she seems to be fairly left-leaning

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

My record store let me buy the CD today!! I'm just not allowed to tweet about because they follow me lol and they won't let me buy stuff early again. I'm nervous to play it now!! 

They also had the tape in (totally cute) but not the vinyls. Hope that is there for Friday! 

I think it’s likely she just didn’t express herself well. Reminds me of when she said she wasn’t “interested” in feminism and people lost their shit

lmaooo i missed that when did she say that?

giphy.gif