Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Happiness is a butterfly

Gorgeous, amazing, life changing... Such an incredible song. The lyrics are not as good as I expected, to be honest, but I still really like them. This song is genius... I adore the production, really.

I think what I love about HIAB is exactly that the lyrics on the verses are so dumb and flat but she sings them in such a beautiful melody that it sounds DIVINE. I think it's my favorite song on the album even though it sounds like 3 different songs randomly put together lol

How is buying a truck in the middle of the night a cliche? I've never seen that happen

it's not the truck that's cliche, you could replace that with car/train/plane, doesn't matter. Just the whole concept of running away from your problems (or driving I guess) late at night is very played out. The inclusion of a truck makes it a little more lizzy grant-esque but it still feels like a clunky and cliched line. The whole song feels like a huge regression in her writing, going back to name dropping American iconography (Bacardi, cherry coke, Crosby Stills and Nash) rather than actually creating imagery.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

it's not the truck that's cliche, you could replace that with car/train/plane, doesn't matter. Just the whole concept of running away from your problems (or driving I guess) late at night is very played out. The inclusion of a truck makes it a little more lizzy grant-esque but it still feels like a clunky and cliched line. The whole song feels like a huge regression in her writing, going back to name dropping American iconography (Bacardi, cherry coke, Crosby Stills and Nash) rather than actually creating imagery.

I've got to agree that the Bartender lyrics seem forced.

How is buying a truck in the middle of the night a cliche? I've never seen that happen

I don't know about u but I for one am addicted to buying trucks off Craigslist in the middle of the night and know plenty of other people who do

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL