Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Thanks for the memories ya'll! The laughs made the wait tolerable!! Can't believe how far we've come since those days where I thought it might have been scrapped! 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

So we’re getting at midnight local, then? NZ should have it in about 4 minutes.

It's already out for the 5 people who live in the Chatham Islands  :creep:

Thank you! Lol I got him into Lana and now he listens to her on his own... of course he’s more into BTD lmao.. but yea I’ve showed him a couple of songs from NFR, and so far he’s liking what he’s heard lol. He even heard the new version of BAR and was like “wth. Is this song new? Haven’t you been listening to it for like 2 years already” lmao, so of course I had to go full on teacher mode and lecture him on the differences lolol. And I’m not sure, but freak, if it’s available in stores tmmrw then I will for sure go and check it out and buy it. Omg fingers crossed that it is lol. By any chance do you know if the target version comes with a poster or anything special? I haven’t really been keeping up with all the different variants and what they include. I actually kind of want to get the UOs version with the alternate cover. Kinda grew to like that one lol.

Omg you’re so lucky! And yes you should totally get it. The lime green vinyl looks so amazing and I wanted to get it but I don’t have a record player so I thought it would be pointless, but maybe as a collectors item? Is it a solid color or translucent? Don’t they have a pink version? like how you and I were hoping for lol. Also which versions did you get? And yay awesome, I hope you like her and I’m going to do the same lol and I know I can’t believe we’re finally here and we will have it in our hands in just 2 days... I haven’t been this excited since well... LFL lolol.

And I love both versions of FILY, but at first the album version caught me off guard because I was expecting the chorus with the “faster/harder” drums to kick in, and then the slower more subdued drums started and I’m like wth, I didn’t know that there was another version that existed lol, but it’s still great. And yes when it comes to the lyrics of TNBAR. I like them because it’s like she’s including her self in the mess this time around, because she says “WE” rather than “YOU”, so it feels a bit more personal to me... if that makes any sense? Lol. When I first heard the LQ leak of Love Song I was a bit underwhelmed, but after hearing the HQ version I freaking fell in love with it again lol. It’s crazy what a HQ version can do. That’s why I don’t judge anything based off of LQ leaks or snippets lol. Another song that I fell in love with after hearing the HQ version was the title track. It’s actually very beautiful, and her vocals whewwww they’re amazing. They remind me of HM vocals if you know what I mean. I agree about HIABF being a bit repetitive but like you said it’s still an amazing song, and it hits that sweet spot, especially the serial killer part and the don’t be a jerk. I can just picture myself screaming that at someone at full volume lmao.

I think he might like her music a bit more bc of ya, with the whole recognizing BAR or some shit, u recruited him hahahahahahaha, and hm I think the target version comes w the poster like LFL did. I might just grab one when I go- and ohman. My pink vinyl dreaaaaams, I love that cover too. It's a bit iffy for me w the font n stuff, but I still like the overall feel of it, wonder if the Laurel Canyon hiking paths have any indication of what she'll be sharing w us later on the record post-release 

and yeeeees for the sake of collecting it, i'm pretty sure the neon disc is solid, so that's pretty nice, and yeah no waiting for the standard disc from the tm sales, and the urban vinyl, but I know that I've got to get one of the neon ones too. I wanna get the indigo vinyl too, but I'm just waiting to see how I'd be able to get it, bc like damn, that's three of the same record lol 

I haven't listened to the title track...yet. I'm just taking things slow, bc I mean the record's not even out yet lmaoooo but. and lowkey I kinda get what you're saying, more of the soothing, lazily kinda singing yeah, more emotionally driven mm, ditto on the intimacy on TNBAR, nd no yeah, HiaB's amazing still, my favorite snippet that we've gotten waaaay back yeah, ur bf better get ready hahahahahahahaha 

UV/Honeymoon

Vinyl will be translucent violet

lanaboards do your thing

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Vinyl will be translucent violet

It'll be coloured shades of ultravioletence bent backwards over the grass

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

It's already out for the 5 people who live in the Chatham Islands  :creep:

i'm sick of gays who get everything early

giphy.gif

The pink UO vinyl isn't shipping till Sept 5 :suicide: hopefully it comes for my birthday! But also, hopefully it'll get here sooner than when I ordered my "Thank U, Next" vinyl from Ariana's store because that took soooo many months of fuckery to arrive. Her merchandiser is notoriously awful.

wait, were u email notified or something? Bc last time I checked, mine's getting shipped on the 30th.. 

UV/Honeymoon

It's 12.02 in NZ and no NFR in my iTunes...

refresh the page or sumn and try searching for it manually because i remember fiily and the greatest didn't appear on lana's spotify page immediately but they were there

giphy.gif

It's 12.02 in NZ and no NFR in my iTunes...

It's showing up for me (having changed from The Australian store to the NZ store)