Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

when guns and roses came out i was like woah  :defeated: nothing will ever beat that! but then coachella came out..  :defeated:

petition to scrub the NFR videos out of existence and have a 50 min long coachella video with g&r and once upon a dream as interludes  :hdu:

locals only

ITS OUT IN AUS!!! YAYAYAYAYYAY NOW I DON'T FEEL BAD FOR TALKING ABOUT MY IMPRESSIONS

I fucking love this album, it all feels very cohesive and she has some beautiful writing on this record. I always thought Lana would do a folky type of album, this definitely feels like that but with that usual LDR genre messup. A lot of the songs make me think of older albums, Bartender and California with UV, Love Song makes me think of Honeymoon, but it doesn't feel like she's going back to that type of sound but is instead building onto it. There's actually not a song on this that I dislike, I really like a lot of them, although I do wish she had more bridges and I wish some songs built up a bit more but I think they're beautiful anyway.

I thought I would have more to say but I don't rn so I'll try do a track ranking of my feelings in this moment right now..

California

The Greatest

Cinnamon Girl

Happiness is a Butterfly

Bartender

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Venice Bitch

Fuck It, I Love You

Love Song

How to Disappear

Doin' Time

Mariners Apartment Complex
Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I have it

The Next Best American Record

Wow that was actually really hard, the only reason TNBAR is on the bottom was because back in 2017 I was obsesssssssed when the demo leaked and I listened to it so much so now I just don't play it as much, even tho it's different and I still like it

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Just watch the livestream she did on the studio with Jack working on the song and see what it could've been and then compare it to what we got

I much prefer what we got. The one in the livestream was like electro doo-wop feeling and was nice but the one we got is very dynamic and twinkly and Fleetwood Mac-ish which is totally my type of shit.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

finally someone stated it

I can't stand Coachella, and I didn't enjoy Mustang until I saw it live for some reason.

HTD is really amazing. .. the production gives it a very vintage feeling. Something out of a movie. It's so calm and pleasant. The live version was really beautiful as well...but now we got 2 versions. Idk why you all complaining.

can y'all stop pretending that LFL is a good album? it's trash besides 3 or 4 songs at best.

OMG, lol: it's not her best but I love the below songs. And the album is more eclectic than others which is a bonus.

1. "Love"

2."Lust for Life" (featuring The Weeknd)

3."13 Beaches"

6.Summer Bummer" 

7. Groupie Love" (featuring ASAP Rocky)

10.God Bless America – and All the Beautiful Women in It"

11."When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing"

12."Beautiful People Beautiful Problems" (featuring Stevie Nicks)

13."Tomorrow Never Came" (featuring Sean Ono Lennon)