Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Norman Fucking Rockwell - I think will come out between June 21st and September 20th - so far, MAC and VB feel very "pacific coaster" and the natural and organic feel to the music, visuals, and her look remind me of either when summer is just beginning, or when summer is winding down. Again, like Honeymoon, when seasons are transitioning. VB and MAC seem to be the most representative of at least one sound on the album so far, and I feel like their timing was so perfect in conjunction with the weather/seasons/time of year. For that reason, I won't mind if the album comes out a whole year after the first 2 singles.

Imagine going to a beach on a stormy but still warm night in early/mid September and listening to the NEW album.

Hopefully that helps justify the wait a bit!

I'd actually love that feeling, same as it went for UV and HM, just going to the beach and waiting for the day to sink in and revel in all its drama, but consider me selfish this instance, but we wouldn't really have to wait that long and listen to the record then if we'd gotten it earlier than that..just saying..

I get the feels, but same goes for releasing the record one beautiful Spring morning, after the rain when the clouds are still in the sky, all healthy and picturesque. while a breeze whistles on by, and how warm, and fiery the sunsets are when everything's blanketed in this glorious orange natural filter of light. Browns turn to purple, blues to aquarmarine, green to hazel. Just - it'd be considered a lot more classical, to me at least, if it were released in the spring w all that happening, to ur theory 

Released at the earlier part of summer: ringer tees, skateboards, chilllin outside w ice cream cones, visiting record stores and just being w people. End: industrial sunset  vibes, the skies are grey with peaks of gold whenever they break. California culture and all that. I totally get how that meshes w everything. I just personally, wouldn't want to have to wait any longer than we have

If we got to break in the record during spring season, by the end of summer, we'd be truly contemplative and more likely to be fully aware of it in a more holistic big picture kind of understanding,two cents 

UV/Honeymoon

I'd actually love that feeling, same as it went for UV and HM, just going to the beach and waiting for the day to sink in and revel in all its drama, but consider me selfish this instance, but we wouldn't really have to wait that long and listen to the record then if we'd gotten it earlier than that..just saying..

I get the feels, but same goes for releasing the record one beautiful Spring morning, after the rain when the clouds are still in the sky, all healthy and picturesque. while a breeze whistles on by, and how warm, and fiery the sunset are when everything's blanketed in this glorious orange natural filter of light. Browns turn to purple, blues to aquarmarine, green to hazel. Just - it'd be considered a lot more classical, to me at least, if it were released in the spring w all that happening, to ur theory 

Released at the earlier part of summer: ringer tees, skateboards, chilllin outside w ice cream cones, visiting record stores and just being w people. End: industrial sunset  vibes, the skies are grey with peaks of gold whenever they break. California culture and all that. I totally get how that meshes w everything. I just personally, wouldn't want to have to wait any longer than we have

If we got to break in the record during spring season, by the end of summer, we'd be truly contemplative and more likely to be fully aware of it in a more holistic big picture kind of understanding,two cents 

I see what you mean and I love it! To be honest, I think Lana's more moodier albums are really suited for that beautiful spring description and the California culture throughout summer description you talked about. I personally don't mind the wait but I understand that a lot of people would prefer it to come out earlier :)

Lana in her new interview talking about anything but her falsly announced mess of an album and pretending everything is fine

tumblr_po9evanXqp1ul9djy_250.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

mmk y'all can eat my ass like sorry i didn't keep up with the 1k pages of shitposting on this thread when we have no info

You probably had the sanest attitude of all, to avoid this thread, lol. So, no, no official release date.

Ben, in February, had already confirmed NFR didn't have a date yet, and Lana did the same last week with the tweet you found. We either think it is a surprise release God-knows-when (March 29 is almost impossible since Billie Eilish is releasing her album and both her and Lana are with Interscope), or Interscope doesn't like something about the album and is pushing back its release. 

Just thought it'd be fun to discuss the potential tracklist!

I could see it starting with songs about relationships, with MAC serving as the transition between relationships and personal growth.

There were 11 tracks originally, and between September and December, she added 2 new songs (revealed in February in a Gucci Guilty interview) so I'm wondering if they're the country songs from Jack's show with updated production. I remember a fan said she thought about releasing them since everyone said they liked them.

I threw RBFY and Yosemite on there because she teased RBFY in Dec. 2017 and Yosemite is bound to "find a home" (and also I needed another track title to make 13)

and she said the last tracks have a rock feel so I think IMBSFBSS and Yosemite could potentially have those undertones with new production, and obviously VB is 10 min. long and feels very rockish so it'd be the perfect closing track!

1. In Your Car

2. Happiness is a Butterfly

3. Hey Blue Baby

4. Bartender

5. Cinnamon

6. Norman Fucking Rockwell

7. Mariners Apartment Complex

8. How to Disappear

9. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

10. Roses Bloom For You

11. Yosemite

12. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy

13. Venice Bitch

Just thought it'd be fun to discuss the potential tracklist!

I could see it starting with songs about relationships, with MAC serving as the transition between relationships and personal growth.

There were 11 tracks originally, and between September and December, she added 2 new songs (revealed in February in a Gucci Guilty interview) so I'm wondering if they're the country songs from Jack's show with updated production. I remember a fan said she thought about releasing them since everyone said they liked them.

I threw RBFY and Yosemite on there because she teased RBFY in Dec. 2017 and Yosemite is bound to "find a home" (and also I needed another track title to make 13)

and she said the last tracks have a rock feel so I think IMBSFBSS and Yosemite could potentially have those undertones with new production, and obviously VB is 10 min. long and feels very rockish so it'd be the perfect closing track!

1. In Your Car

2. Happiness is a Butterfly

3. Hey Blue Baby

4. Bartender

5. Cinnamon

6. Norman Fucking Rockwell

7. Mariners Apartment Complex

8. How to Disappear

9. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

10. Roses Bloom For You

11. Yosemite

12. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy

13. Venice Bitch

Hey baby blue and I must be stupid won't be on the album.

Roses bloom for you is doubtful too sadly

Hey baby blue and I must be stupid won't be on the album.

Roses bloom for you is doubtful too sadly

I thought it would be cool if they were, with psychedelic production, imagine that!

Roses Bloom For You and Yosemite, I feel like there's a 10% chance they'll appear, I'm not too hopeful either :(

Why do I feel like Bartender won't be on NFR? I don't mean to be a negative nancy but ugh...idk.

I'm not so sure either. She first mentioned the song at the Grammys, which means it was one of the first to be recorded with Jack probably. Or maybe not. Maybe she simply mentioned it but it was recorded prior to her sessions with him. 

If it doesn't make the cut, I'd be disappointed : I wanna hear a track Lana calls weird lol. 

I thought it would be cool if they were, with psychedelic production, imagine that!

Roses Bloom For You and Yosemite, I feel like there's a 10% chance they'll appear, I'm not too hopeful either :(

Yosemite, to me, has a slight chance, since we know it was an acoustic-guitar track; wouldn't be that far off from the sound of NFR, especially if you put a bit of psychedelic guitar in the mix. However, it was written with Rick and, as far as we know, all the songs from NFR are co-written by Jack. So I don't know.  :(

Yosemite, to me, has a slight chance, since we know it was an acoustic-guitar track; wouldn't be that far off from the sound of NFR, especially if you put a bit of psychedelic guitar in the mix. However, it was written with Rick and, as far as we know, all the songs from NFR are co-written by Jack. So I don't know.  :(

I could see her throwing it onto the record with maybe some additional production from Jack added onto the original Rick mix as a little treat/surprise for the fans. Could be why she hasn't teased any studio snippet of it! 

I don't think we'll ever see Yosemite on the album... If NFR is some sad girl shit, and she wasn't "there" yet with LFL, she's probably even less "there" with the new record :')

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~