Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Sounds crazy but just the thought of in your car literally brightens my day. I haven't listened to the snippet in months because i dont wanna ruin it but i still remember what it sounds like and every now and then when i feel depressed and like there's nothing to look forward to, i start playing the songs intro in my head and it just makes everything feel better. Like it gives me some hope and helps me get through the rest of the day

i relate

i relate

i really struggle with being out there and working a job i have no interest or passion in, like it kills me but lana's new album just keeps me going. i wonder how much she realises her music helps people? i wish she would just talk to us:(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Sounds crazy but just the thought of in your car literally brightens my day. I haven't listened to the snippet in months because i dont wanna ruin it but i still remember what it sounds like and every now and then when i feel depressed and like there's nothing to look forward to, i start playing the songs intro in my head and it just makes everything feel better. Like it gives me some hope and helps me get through the rest of the day

I felt the same with the first snippet of Hope, when it was still called Sylvia Plath. I can't say it was making me feel better, but it was easing the pain at least.

Remember you're not alone and you're loved btw

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

that's cute that a snippet of a song not yet released brightens up your day and makes you happy despite it only being a snippet. that sounds like a lovely concept for someone to participate in! i hope nobody comes in for no other reason than to disrupt your harmless happiness and shit on your simple liking for no other reason than because they can find a superiority complex in putting others down for their personal likings :)

that's cute that a snippet of a song not yet released brightens up your day and makes you happy despite it only being a snippet. that sounds like a lovely concept for someone to participate in! i hope nobody comes in for no other reason than to disrupt your harmless happiness and shit on your simple liking for no other reason than because they can find a superiority complex in putting others down for their personal likings :)

i suddenly love yosemite

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I posted this in the other thread already, but this is the color scheme and aesthetic I'm dying for:

0c5b10defda3d7281583bcd0da3cb4b1.jpg

large.jpg

Mamas_PApas_Hill.jpg

Cal_Dreamin_outdoors_complete_anthology_

maxresdefault.jpg

It would be a perfect modern take on the Lauren Canyon imagery - which Lana has repeatedly described the album as being influenced by. And it would fit well with the two VHS videos we have so far featuring rustic LA scenery.

Ooo it's like the beginning of the Freak music video. I could live for that

Everyone interprets poetry differently and this is just how I see it. Land of 1000 Fires is referring to when California was burning.

Shit I thought it was deeper than that, like she comes from hell or something. I feel cheated.

on second thoughts I like the new poem

I like the strange and ethereal part and I like the way it sounds so lana

Some of the poems seem more try hard basic poetry but where she shines is when she is just herself in her writing sprawling her thoughts straight across the page

I just listened to it and honestly I can't wait for it either. The thought of not knowing exactly how the song will progress because we've heard very little of it, is very exciting. Could it have a psychedelic kick to it when the chorus comes? Could it just be a nice slow paced flow throughout? Maybe there's some chill beats? We don't know, but as they say, not knowing is part of the fun. :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

@@GeminiLanaFan a few pages back you had mentioned something about a “4chan” report, what was said in it? I meant to ask you then but never got around to it.

Also poor poor souls thinking NFR is still coming lol!

Let us pray for them.

@ a few pages back you had mentioned something about a “4chan” report, what was said in it? I meant to ask you then but never got around to it.

Also poor poor souls thinking NFR is still coming lol!

Let us pray for them.

Last week, someone here posted a screenshot of a 4chan report by someone who would have had the chance to listen to NFR (4chan sure is a weird place to leak that kind of info; Reddit seems more profesional compared to 4 chan lol. Plus: who is that very lucky fucker who had the chance to go to a streaming party of NFR?). 

But what it said was interesting and if half of what was said si true, NFR will be making headlines, promo or not. It said that NFR was a sort of homage to her music and career so far, with similar themes but in a new light. But what was mostly interesting was that Lana was looking for blood: she was calling by name a couple of producers for their big ego, and that it could possibly sink one of these big shots' careeer. And also, NFR would have a big collab by someone who is considered like an hermit in the music industry but came out of retirement for her. VB would be cut by a minute, for the album. Overall, the album could get a perfect score from Pitchfork.

Again, this is probably false but imagine hearing that kind of record... And if she she really is calling big shots by their name, no wonder Interscope is pushing back the release. 

It's only speculation, though. 

Last week, someone here posted a screenshot of a 4chan report by someone who would have had the chance to listen to NFR (4chan sure is a weird place to leak that kind of info; Reddit seems more profesional compared to 4 chan lol. Plus: who is that very lucky fucker who had the chance to go to a streaming party of NFR?).

But what it said was interesting and if half of what was said si true, NFR will be making headlines, promo or not. It said that NFR was a sort of homage to her music and career so far, with similar themes but in a new light. But what was mostly interesting was that Lana was looking for blood: she was calling by name a couple of producers for their big ego, and that it could possibly sink one of these big shots' careeer. And also, NFR would have a big collab by someone who is considered like an hermit in the music industry but came out of retirement for her. VB would be cut by a minute, for the album. Overall, the album could get a perfect score from Pitchfork.

Again, this is probably false but imagine hearing that kind of record... And if she she really is calling big shots by their name, no wonder Interscope is pushing back the release.

Who would come back to collab with her? Do you guys have any idea?

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Who would come back to collab with her? Do you guys have any idea?

I have no idea. Someone who is classic rock? She almost collaborated with Lou Reed on UV, just before he died... So someone in that vein? 

omg could it be john frusciante?? he's the RHCP's iconic former guitarist & most definitely a musical hermit!! he's not exactly retired, but hasn't released music in a while (and when he does, it's always stuff he recorded years before) and hasn't done a live show since 2008 or something like that. that would give her "RHCP influences" comment a whole new meaning, omg...

edit: as a frusciante stan & someone who knows his m.o. and views on music, this would be sf huge that i actually have trouble believing this possibility myself tbh.

Wow! Probably false but does have my mind swirling! It would be an interesting album indeed. Can’t wait to see if any of these are true. I agree if she is calling out people Interscope may be holding this back. The album, I think, has been done so it’s not entirely unrealistic that someone could have heard it either legally or illegally lol. I’m now overloading my mind with conspiracies lol. Either way I guess we will have a better idea of how true these things are once the track list is revealed. I am def here for a little controversy and some risks! Fresh out of fucks forever.

I’ve said this before, but this album is different? idk there’s some type of feeing i get with these songs. There’s so much nostalgia and hope integrated within the instrumentals and lyrics that makes the album really fucking desirable. She helps millions of people across the world connect to their feelings and the fact that she’s not releasing music or keeping up with us hurts a bit. Ariana Grande naturally tweets i love u like every hour to show her appreciation. Lana can’t even do that sksksk

giphy.gif

that interview really is QUALITY....a GEM....lana wyd