Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ranking the three songs we've had over the past year for the millionth time

photo-16334.jpg?_r=1563862957

hey that's me

Anyway Mariner's Apartment Complex can and will be the opening track that's all I have to say

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

So...

We know the album is 13 tracks (potentially 14 if Doin Time is included)...

Track 1, should be Norman Fucking Rockwell, since she alternates between Track 1 and Track 2 for the title track each album... Meaning the first half of the album is likely to be the piano ballads.

Could Venice Bitch be mid-album (Track 6 or Track 7)? Transitioning from ballads into some of the more experimental and surf rock elements?

Also, it was confirmed that the latter half was more surf and rock influenced, we know she also likes to close albums with a cover, meaning Doin Time could be the last song on the record.

I imagine that You Don't Have To, How To Disappear and Hope Is A Dangerous Thing... will all feature on the first half of the album. Then Mariners Apartment Complex, In Your Car and Cinnamon at the back end. I know we only have a snippet of In Your Car but I believe it will develop into something more experimental.

Unsure where Happiness... will sit, either first half or very early second half?

I like this idea. Personally, I think In Your Car will transition into something larger, similarly to Mariners Apartment Complex.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

venice bitch has to be the closing track

ill only not let it not be the closing track if the track to continue flows amazing and/or the actual last track has a closing like VB

Track 1, should be Norman Fucking Rockwell, since she alternates between Track 1 and Track 2 for the title track each album...

Bold of us to assume Lana (or anyone close to her) has at this point any notion of temporal continuity or coherence left to follow some sort of logic. 

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

https://twitter.com/musicnewsfact/status/1153751303324987392

I'd be here for August 9th to release the pre-order if it's coming August 30th. Releasing a pre-order over a month away seems like torture

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

where did the August 9th date even come from? is it just a guess?

Not sure. It likely is a guess, but I really wouldn't be surprised at all if it comes then

I mean if it does come out in August 30th and gets blocked from #1... I wouldn’t mind bc honeymoon debuted at #2 and it was a masterpiece

Honestly charts don't equal quality nowadays. Even in another dimension in which the album wouldn't chart, it'd still be a masterpiece

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

did we really wait almost a year for a 13 songs album with like 7 songs that we already heard? did we really do that?

We've heard 3 songs. Snippets aren't full songs. There are many surprises to come. She worked with Jack fucking Antonoff, one of the best producers ever who always creates masterpieces. Should I recall you that people would've never expected VB to be what it is with just the snippet?

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~