Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

ultrababy and Eclipse, I thought you two had a taste. Looks like I was wrong. Don't @ me, cuz I said what I said.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I really don't know what some of you were expecting from this song. A bop called Sylvia Plath? Common sense, people, how to make a bop using the name of a woman who put her head in the oven? Jesus.

Did she really have to say "collusion" tho? 

yes (I think)

I don’t think we’ll get any more psychedelic songs on the album apart from VB, but I do hope we’ll get some more guitars... it feels like they wrote the tracks with a piano and added more things when they worked more on them? So many of them (all of them?) include a piano, and that isn’t necessarily bad... I just thought there’d be more guitars because she mentioned Red Hot Chili Peppers... but then again, maybe she’s not the best person to describe the sound of her songs?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I feel like MAC and Venice Bitch could perfectly be next to each other on the tracklist, however I don't think Hope feels really close to any of them

I know I feel like each of them is quite different through

What is wrong about calling Azealia a black narcissist? I dont see it.

I think that if she just said narcissist, it would be okay, but why did she said "black"? I mean, is it relevant to point that out? There's no reason to talk about her color.

BUT

She wrote the song before the beef, so it's not about AB or Kanye

It is a stunning track. And honestly, if there is a video, it should be just a montage of clips of her in black and white, and not much more. This is such a personal song, and yeah, it références Sylvia Plath but this ain’t that woman’s life at all depicted here, but Lana’s (Lizzy’s?)

I think that if she just said narcissist, it would be okay, but why did she said "black"? I mean, is it relevant to point that out? There's no reason to talk about her color.

BUT

She wrote the song before the beef, so it's not about AB or Kanye

Azealia makes everything about race so why not make her even angrier.

From what we’ve heard, NFR is shaping up to be an album where each songs says: “Here’s what i’ve Been wanting to tell you all this time”. Whether she is speaking to a lover or her fans or her critics.

Oh god, I love everything about this; but the "black narcissist" line...really? I understand what she's talking about, but people are already taking this way out of context. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.