Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ugh the fuck is that single cover. I'm on my first listen and oh god like I can't believe I'm actually saying this but this is the first time I'm not excited for a Lana record at all. MAC is okay, I haven't listened VB in months because I just can't stand that same guitar riff over and over again for 7 minutes and basically we've heard this new one plenty of times already - except that this time around she doesn't seem to be filtering her vocals with a paper. I'm losing hope y'all, those silly country songs were better than this. I'm just looking forward to the poetry book, not the actual record.

yall really thought she was cancelling shows cos shes going to  go on tour when she can't even release a good cover art thats not lazy..

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

I think people are gonna like this better once they hear the record. Remember Brooklyn Bany? Shades of Cool? Yeah I do too and ppl hated those 2

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

"black narcissist" is in no way a poor metaphor, and would not have been thought of as such even 10 years ago before everyone began to froth at the mouth at the mere mention of the word "black"

it works perfectly for what it's meant to accomplish imo

I think people are gonna like this better once they hear the record. Remember Brooklyn Bany? Shades of Cool? Yeah I do too and ppl hated those 2

People hated Brooklyn Baby? oh wow that explains a lot...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Am i the only one who liked the cover selfie?

it's so terrible it's great. a truly bizarre choice. confusing. epic and memorable

Agreed, it's ridiculous

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Am i the only one who liked the cover selfie?

it's so terrible it's great. a truly bizarre choice. confusing. epic and memorable

Very lazy tbh, I’m praying the album cover is something special ⚰️

I love the imagery that the lines “Fifteen year dances, church basement romances” conjure up in my mind. Late 90s-early 2000s Lana in the Adirondacks, a lofi, amateur feel. Imagine a vintage music video comprised entirely of actual home videos from Lanas childhood... it would really drive home the tragic nature of most of the lyrics, and also come full circle from her days making the clip reels on YouTube. It would never happen but just imagine. It would perfectly fit the intimate lyrics and no frills feel of the song.

I hope that the next cover is going to be a picture of her using a instagram filter mask. Like that widow one

Guys, why did she release the acapella version of the track on iTunes & Spotify? When will she release the final version with actual production?

she did what

Can't wait for Cinnamon to be released so ya'll can have a 5 page argument about how 'Cinnamon' is an offensive slur to ginger people.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

But for real though: imagine how utterly and terribly awful the cover she shot for NFR must be if her managers didn't allow her to put that out but allowed her to use this picture as  BOTTOMKEYSMASH cover? 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Im not a fan of the cover but when looking at it I can see her writing this song (which is a lyrical beauty)

exactly! The cover makes sense if we think about the song. I do think that it seems really personal. If she's talking about herself, why shouldn't she take her own picture and edit as she wants to?