Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Is the interview at BBC still happening later today?

Probably not because something would've been said by now I guess

Also when she does a premiere+interview doesn't the song go on itunes etc straight after, its already on there so I guess its just been released with no promo and nothing said about it :noparty:

She'll be too focused on becoming a baddie instead of writing her songs for her babies on the tourlyfe  :legend:

Who would've thought? From daddy to baddie issues  :dmd:

. No I think the MAC cover is OK and the VB cover suits it. But come on this is like she selected a random picture off her IPhone and stuck it on...it’s not even being minimalistic it’s just lazy. All her art and imagery has been amazing up to this era.

Eh, I don't mind it at all. The single covers basically being selfies and music videos being mashups of home footage feels exactly like the old Lizzy Grant era videos except put through 12 instagram filters this time. Even filtered, the imagery feels just as raw as the music and it really suits the era well for me.

Lana said she's becoming an Instagram baddie and what she dropped tonight feels so correct.

te deseo, cariño

Who cares that the single cover is a selfie. Who cares that the title is too long. Who cares that there is little to no promo for the song. The music is good. The music is almost always good. That's all that matters. Yeah, we all have a right to criticize it and complain but y'all do this with everything she does. Aren't you guys tired of being so negative? 

Lana isn't some up and coming pop starlet or radio hit maker that needs constant TV appearances and high budget/quality album shoots for promo. She posts an Instagram video of her singing along to an upcoming song and all the major music/news outlets write about it. She's a big name and doesn't have to try so hard just to.... appease fans? We're getting an album with good songs and that's all that matters. She's an artist who generally puts out music on her own terms so let her be that, she's not our little personal pop puppet.

The song is great, let's all enjoy it without taking our criticism too far but Lana surely doesn't care and it's mostly trivial :) Goodnight x

You are a fucking god

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

This woman is doing 0 promo. We stan a fucking Instagram influencer.

No interview, not a SINGLE tweet about new song, NOTHING. How can y'all blindly follow and justify everything she's doing in this "era". Can I even call THIS an era?

I feel no hype at all about anything she has in store for us, and it's truly painful to me because she's one of the reasons why I've started to write songs. Now I just feel disappointed and not sure who she is anymore or what she's doing. Saying she's a singer and that visuals aren't important, are you fucking stupid? Visuals are EVERYTHING, it's how you're VISUALLY explaining the song/album. Raw aesthetics can be accomplished by professional photography, just saying.

Yes, I'm angry/pissed/whatever you wanna call it, but for a reason. She had a huge impact on me, and I honestly feel DESTROYED now.

And don't you fucking dare to @ me defending her.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

This woman is doing 0 promo. We stan a fucking Instagram influencer.

No interview, not a SINGLE tweet about new song, NOTHING. How can y'all blindly follow and justify everything she's doing in this "era". Can I even call THIS an era?

I feel no hype at all about anything she has in store for us, and it's truly painful to me because she's one of the reasons why I've started to write songs. Now I just feel disappointed and not sure who she is anymore or what she's doing. Saying she's a singer and that visuals aren't important, are you fucking stupid? Visuals are EVERYTHING, it's how you're VISUALLY explaining the song/album. Raw aesthetics can be accomplished by professional photography, just saying.

Yes, I'm angry/pissed/whatever you wanna call it, but for a reason. She had a huge impact on me, and I honestly feel DESTROYED now.

And don't you fucking dare to @ me defending her.

i completely agree with you

Let's just assume that she's confident enough in her fanbase to find out that she has a new song out by themselves? Maybe she doesn't need to promote it, we all will find it anyway and we know that she's coming with an album soon.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Let's just assume that she's confident enough in her fanbase to find out that she has a new song out by themselves? Maybe she doesn't need to promote it, we all will find it anyway and we know that she's coming with an album soon.

I'm not attacking you or anything, but which fan base doesn't wanna hear about what their fave have to say about new music and their current state of mind? Also, which fan base doesn't wanna see great visuals? :/

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Off topic and so overly done but here I go lol....

MAC>>>VB>HIADT

VB and HIADT are on level ground for me. I may end up liking the latter more so than the first, being it is much more personal, but we will see over time. MAC has been and feels like it will continue to be that track for me. There’s just something about it! It really pulls me in.

In regards to people discussing track order earlier I’d really like for Mariners to open and HIADT feels like a closing track to me. VB would be somewhere near the beginning or transitional in middle! Excited to see what comes.

As for the interview today, I’m not holding my breath. As others have said, typically, the song is normally not released until after the premier so i’m going to say it’s a coin toss whether or not that happens today.

Time will tell I guess! Let’s cross our fingers.

For me its VB>MAC=HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI

I really love all the released songs so far.

Concerning on the snippets unpopular opinion but I don't like "In Your Car" that much.

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Well I avoided LB yesterday bc of the racist line - and mostly bc I knew some of you would be racist to defend the line... I didn’t like the song at all, actually I loved it in the first 3 or 4 plays and then I got bored... I’m excited for the radio interview tho

This song is her most poetic lyricly

Alright, listen.

Lana IS being fucking lazy this era. The cover IS boring and atrocious. That doesn't mean we don't like the music, and yes we know the music is more important BUT considering how amazing her past visuals have been, this era pales wildly in comparison. Like I said previously, the cover doesn't make people want to listen to it. The visuals of the cover are what tells people about the song, the story, the vibe etc. It IS important.

I'm sorry some of you have embarassingly low standards when it comes to this kind of thing, but it doesn't mean some of us are bad because we want the best of the best. We know Lana can deliver, and she chose not to.

And scene.

I'm off to listen to Sylvia for the 50th time today. :lolliney:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The line about “calling from beyond the grave I just wanna say hi dad” is sooo fucking raw. This really is one of the most honest, poetic songs she’s written. I know I’m probably wrong but my interpretation when I hear the line I imagine Lana’s parents listening to her music to feel her presence if she had committed suicide (god forbid!) during her darker times. This song reaaally gives me chills. So raw and beautiful.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Lana’s whole career has been a journey, I think she’s shown such development over the years both musically and personally. I feel like she’s so tired and blarfg at the thought of even bothering with creating an image because she knows no matter what, everyone will perceive it differently and have opinions that she struggles dealing with. I think she’s just at the point where she’s like “here’s the music, here’s how I am literally atm, bye fam” and after like 7 years of a rollercoaster I am okay with this (soz new fans :suicide: )

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />