Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm not attacking you or anything, but which fan base doesn't wanna hear about what their fave have to say about new music and their current state of mind? Also, which fan base doesn't wanna see great visuals? :/

Oh, I meant more like she might not have to announce it. But yeah, I think we all (hardcore) fans want to hear her talk about her music and come up with visuals. If the point of the Hope cover was for her to smile, then maybe she could've picked another picture where she smiles and not that selfie...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I’m okay w the single cover but I’m lowkey eye-rolling at the stans saying “oh it’s so fitting, it makes sense” “it suits the song well” and whatever else trying to justify it. Gorls... it’s a selfie she took of her looking the other way trying to make it look like a candid... it’s... so lazy. I get that it’s *refreshing* in a sense cause it’s just kind of letting the music do all the talking but if I’m being honest I’m preeeetty cut up about her seemingly giving up on imagery this era.

If she had done a shoot with Neil that looked anything like the UV shoot outtakes, my lord.. this album would really kill me

http://lanadelrey.wikia.com/wiki/Neil_Krug?file=NK_4_3.jpg

^ that pic specifically I think really suits the green+cream and stripped back image of this era and I always think about it and feel like sobbing that it was never used. Absolutely stunning

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I would certainly describe HIADT as anti-pop or, as many have observed, more Leonard-Cohen-like (but, along with MAC, VB, and HTD, it's more like "full frontal" Leonard, lol). The cover art looks fine to me. I mean you can interpret it as lazy AF, if you like, or as the kind of photograph someone would pick of a loved one who had committed suicide (i.e., not looking sad). She seems to live for polarizing ambiguities like that (as with "the black narcissist" line, which is only a personal slur if you want it to be; the garden path interpretation is a reference to depression).

With regard to "hope", there was an article in LFL era, which asks (something) about that:
https://www.lofficielusa.com/music/lana-del-rey-cover-story

"What makes you feel hopeful? —Gabriel [a fan]
Really good music. Or meeting someone who I’m sure has zero ulterior motives. Being in the middle of a tour, too."

So art is therapeutic, meeting someone with a positive number of ulterior motives (which I'm thinking is common for her) is depressing, and having successfully started a tour (as opposed to the dread of having to start it) is uplifting.

Curiously, the question that follows in the article (also by a fan) may also be relevant to the song:
"So much of your music is about love. What has it taught you? —Emily
That it’s not what I thought. And that the best is yet to come."

So, is the song mainly about failed love relationships and the "danger" of being depressive in that context? If so, it seems to follow topically songs like 13 Beaches and Cherry.

https://www.readdork.com/news/lana-del-reys-hope-is-a-dangerous-thing-is-a-stunningly-intimate-portrait-of-an-artist-at-the-height-of-her-powers

A press release issued describes 'Hope Is A Dangerous Thing...' as a "fan track", and claims the first single from the record is 'coming soon'.

wow some actual information for once wigS

i76mrxw.png 

Why are some of y'all so pressed about the single cover? It's a creative choice, and most of all her decision. To me, the "simple" artwork she's delivered so far just fit the aesthetic of the music. Nothing seems fabricated or fake and very much DIY. 

Besides, so what if she seems lazy in that department? The girl's been releasing albums non-stop. Give her a break lol  :smokes3:

https://www.readdork.com/news/lana-del-reys-hope-is-a-dangerous-thing-is-a-stunningly-intimate-portrait-of-an-artist-at-the-height-of-her-powers

A press release issued describes 'Hope Is A Dangerous Thing...' as a "fan track", and claims the first single from the record is 'coming soon'.

So HIADT was kinda like the Coachella of the NFR era. Because I remember Coachella being released pretty randomly with no hype around it (like HIADT) so hopefully Cinnamon will be the first single??

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Why are some of y'all so pressed about the single cover? It's a creative choice, and most of all her decision. To me, the "simple" artwork she's delivered so far just fit the aesthetic of the music. Nothing seems fabricated or fake and very much DIY. 

Besides, so what if she seems lazy in that department? The girl's been releasing albums non-stop. Give her a break lol  :smokes3:

Actually this is so true tho. Sometimes I forget that Lana has been such a gem giving us music every year or so. There’s a lot to b grateful for but sometimes it’s easier to nitpick the things we don’t like ugh. Love u Lana even if every other MV this era is recycled footage and all your covers are selfies x

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

So HIADT was kind like the Coachella of the NFR era. Because I remember Coachella being released pretty randomly with no hype around it (like HIADT) so hopefully Cinnamon will be the first single??

Yes. Its not even having radio premiere. Its just totally randomly dropped on streaming platforms.

Yes. Its not even having radio premiere. Its just totally randomly dropped on streaming platforms.

Interesting...

tenor.gif?itemid=5622557

So HIADT was kinda like the Coachella of the NFR era. Because I remember Coachella being released pretty randomly with no hype around it (like HIADT) so hopefully Cinnamon will be the first single??

Yeah, I don’t think anyone saw this as a single.

I don’t like that the album says VB and MAC “might” be included. I will not entertain any thought of those being left off.

waitt, first single?

Although I really want Mac and VB to be in the album, it makes sense if they’re not because MAC is such an opener and in Your Car is such an opener too, so I guess if she has 2 openers it’s because one of them will be left out

It would make sense for VB, HIATD, and MAC to just be stand-alone singles as a teaser...but didn't Lana say somewhere that MAC/VB were on the new album?