Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The line about “calling from beyond the grave I just wanna say hi dad” is sooo fucking raw. This really is one of the most honest, poetic songs she’s written. I know I’m probably wrong but my interpretation when I hear the line I imagine Lana’s parents listening to her music to feel her presence if she had committed suicide (god forbid!) during her darker times. This song reaaally gives me chills. So raw and beautiful.

I feel like she’s talking about FaceTiming her Dad when she feels particularly depressed, not actually dead but “dead.” Also could be a reference to her persona, her celebrity etc.

I hope that she gets rid of her managers tbh. It's a shame the fact that an artist can't express their artistic views bc they have to sell 

Sadly she knew that was going to happen when she signed with Interscope. I mean she has a lot of autonomy when it comes to her work or what she wants to put out there (like she said when she released Venice Bitch) but at the end of the day they still have to sell. I think Lana and her managers/label have some kind of deal because she always puts out what she wants (like Honeymoon, Love and MAC/VB) before she has to release a more commercial lead (like HBTB and LFL). 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

There better be more than 11 tracks on this album. We’ve already heard 3, and we’re getting the proper lead single “soon” which means there’s only gonn be 7 songs we won’t have heard in full on the album if she sticks with 11- and we’ve heard half of HIAB and Cinnamon already,,,, I ain’t mad but it’s going to be a little less exciting when the record drops if we’ve heard 40-50% of it already

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

She had the instagram post of her filming with her dancers, and they were singing HIAB

I thought that was just a video of them fooling around before a concert  :deadbanana:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

The march 29 date makes sense if she hasn’t dropped the lead single yet. Like, the singles she’s dropped so far are probs on the album, but the era hasn’t fully started yet. She still has to drop a lead single (unconfirmed). Maybe then the visuals and promo will start to come in. I said this before, it makes more sense that the era actually “starts” once the Gucci thing is happening. But also we already got 3 songs, if she’s gonna drop more singles untill the 29th we’ll have like half the album already.

qfrWuBl.png

S

Sis, it's Lana. We can wait anything from her :godlaugh:

Anything can happen when she is making a record, that part is true. But she stays mute during that time. When she teases a song with a snippet, it ends up on the album, to the exception of RBFY (but it’s no surprise since she said it didn’t make the record). Even if LFL has many songs that didn’t end up on it, she didn’t scrap everything: she tossed aside mostly the acoustic part of it, including the leaked song. But it wasn’t everything and nothing she previewed with a snippet or released as a single.

Didn't she use the HIAB footage for MAC though? You can clearly see her mouthing some of the words to HIAB in the MAC music video  :deadbanana:

Yeah the field and butterfly scene was from that

The march 29 date makes sense if she hasn’t dropped the lead single yet. Like, the singles she’s dropped so far are probs on the album, but the era hasn’t fully started yet. She still has to drop a lead single (unconfirmed). Maybe then the visuals and promo will start to come in. I said this before, it makes more sense that the era actually “starts” once the Gucci thing is happening. But also we already got 3 songs, if she’s gonna drop more singles untill the 29th we’ll have like half the album already.

Hell, we’ve got 4 if you count HTD

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don’t like having or hearing nearly all the songs before the album comes out, that is a bad move. It decreases hype and excitement. I guess their were no lies when she said ‘no hype under our covers’. Here is to hoping she has other songs on the album maybe as an iTunes bonus to bring it to 15 tracks.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Can we take a moment here to appreciate the fact that she gave us 3 "fan tracks" before the lead single? 

Imagine if she had only released the lead single, how dry and dead this era would have been!

True, she doesn't say much officially, but the music is so damn good and consistent. 

where is the BBC link? Is she doing an interview?

I don’t think she is?? Because they didn’t premier it and I really don’t think they announced anything did they? I could be wrong but

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Can we take a moment here to appreciate the fact that she gave us 3 "fan tracks" before the lead single? 

Imagine if she had only released the lead single, how dry and dead this era would have been!

True, she doesn't say much officially, but the music is so damn good and consistent.

Not only this but we also just got 2 unreleased songs live last month so I mean

giphy.gif

Im kinda hoping VB, MAC AND HIADT arent even on the album, no shade but i've not been a huge fan of any of them. They are great songs but i would definitely prefer if they were just standalone singles to boost hype for the era, i want a full fresh 14 track album with songs we haven't even heard yet. The album needs to begin with In Your Car and Cinnamon should be the lead single.

There i said it. Drink up the scorching hot tea ladies, i hate mess. And shit needs to be cleaned up NOW

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 more hours

IS THERE A LINK???? I have to hear the interview before she announced track list or release date info

giphy.gif

I don’t think she is?? Because they didn’t premier it and I really don’t think they announced anything did they? I could be wrong but

They have announced it, I haven’t checked today so I’m not sure if they did today but I’m sure they wouldn’t just cancel it. I think it was all supposed to be a surprise. She dropped Hope at midnight and shook the fans and then went on radio later to “premiere” it and do a little interview

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Im kinda hoping VB, MAC AND HIADT arent even on the album, no shade but i've not been a huge fan of any of them. They are great songs but i would definitely prefer if they were just standalone singles to boost hype for the era, i want a full fresh 14 track album with songs we haven't even heard yet. The album needs to begin with In Your Car and Cinnamon should be the lead single.

There i said it. Drink up the scorching hot tea ladies, i hate mess. And shit needs to be cleaned up NOW

VB references the name of the album though. That wouldn’t make sense. And MAC references VB so I mean it’s cohesive and makes sense for them to stay on the record

Honestly once she takes them off y’all will say “OH SHES NOT BEING CONSISTANT OR COHESIVE I HATE IT”

giphy.gif

VB references the name of the album though. That wouldn’t make sense. And MAC references VB so I mean it’s cohesive and makes sense for them to stay on the record

Honestly once she takes them off y’all will say “OH SHES NOT BEING CONSISTANT OR COHESIVE I HATE IT”

idc those songs are 7/10 and i want 10/10 shit,

honeymoon and ultraviolence are laughing at this era

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay, after a few listens, I actually like it a lot. It's really haunting.

BUT I stand by my original point which was that she should not have released it as a "single". But let's be real: none of these have been singles in the classic sense. She released a 10 min song with 'bitch' in the title and the other is a piano ballad with the longest title known to God, and she says "fuck" in it.

We have not yet seen the lead single. Or the lead video for the era that showcases the aesthetic. 

Does anyone remember her insta-live last week? When someone asked why she was re-shooting the cover art and if it would be "baddie" she said "NO, that's the thing. It's not" which makes me think she might do something bright, maybe neon that contrasts the music. Which would actually be ICONIC AF.