Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Also, on MAC after the second time in the song where she says “I’m your man, I’m your man, yeah” sounded so Ultraviolencey. Idk how to describe it but I love that

I thought that as well! I think it's the way she says "yeah", sounds straight from cruel world

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Just my thoughts on the album at the moment: since MAC starts with “you took my sadness out of context”, and the rumored Sylvia is supposed to be about Sylvia Plath whose life ended tragically, perhaps this album will deal with the idea of what happiness and sadness is, why it is a norm to always present yourself as someone happy? Lana got so much criticism for writing sad songs, people assuming what she was like, that maybe she’ll “explore” that? And her wanting to further evolve and change?

Btw, I never thought about her slowly leaving her old Lana persona behind before (I mean, I’ve noticed that but I have t seen that in her lyrics really), I really like that theory. Never interpreted Swan Song like that before, wow.

Edit: Lemme add HIAB to the list too, it discusses happiness too.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Omg finaaally!!!it's happening

I want her to build hype tho..lana don't disappear again challenge..I would like her to do some interviews,some photoshoots like the previous eras

Something feels different about this era

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

MAC reminds me of Cat Power's "Woman", does anyone feel the same way?

Especially the way she sings "I'm your man" made me think of Cat Power's singing style.

Seems like the music will be more "personal" and artistic again, less focused on flashy, pop-ish productions like LfL. More like UV or HM. Really looking forward to the electric guitars, the surfer-vibes and the Red Hot Chili Peppers influences.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I’m so stoked for this era. She’s already got an album-worth of stuff together which makes me excited just to know she’s probably just doing finishing touches on it and adding/taking away tracks. This album is only a few months away!!! Also, on MAC after the second time in the song where she says “I’m your man, I’m your man, yeah” sounded so Ultraviolencey. Idk how to describe it but I love that

It sounds like Cruel World.

Do y'all remember when Lana released Honeymoon and then followed it up by High By The Beach and we never understood how such two totally different songs would fit into the same album?... Well, I'm thinking now that maybe the next song Venice Bitch is actually going to be a bop... or at least more upbeat. I doubt that all the songs on the album will have the exact same tempo and sound as MAC, Lana loves spicing it up on every record. I mean, she literally goes from songs like Fucked My Way Up to the Top to Old Money right after the other so I don't doubt she'd have some slower, 'raw' songs like MAC and then some other slightly more midtempo/upbeat songs.

Also, I can totally see MAC as opening the album. Something about those closing lines, "Are you ready for it?" screams opening song... like, are you ready to dive into this new era of music with me?

I want her to build hype tho..lana don't disappear again challenge..I would like her to do some interviews,some photoshoots like the previous eras

I get what ur saying, and that'd be so so great, but. I'd rather her do promo when the music's bout to arrive. Maybe like a month or six weeks from release. The beauty of MAC and VB is that she just randomly came out to tell us a week before, and here we are. No expectations, no disappointments 

Me overthinking things again tho, surf? guitars? RHCP? at least it was confirmed :krylie: 

UV/Honeymoon

Do y'all remember when Lana released Honeymoon and then followed it up by High By The Beach and we never understood how such two totally different songs would fit into the same album?... Well, I'm thinking now that maybe the next song Venice Bitch is actually going to be a bop... or at least more upbeat. I doubt that all the songs on the album will have the exact same tempo and sound as MAC, Lana loves spicing it up on every record. I mean, she literally goes from songs like Fucked My Way Up to the Top to Old Money right after the other so I don't doubt she'd have some slower, 'raw' songs like MAC and then some other slightly more midtempo/upbeat songs.

Also, I can totally see MAC as opening the album. Something about those closing lines, "Are you ready for it?" screams opening song... like, are you ready to dive into this new era of music with me?

Yes! This is exactly what I’m talking about!

giphy.gif

So I guess it's pretty obvious that the MAC video is reused footage? As someone pointed out earlier, her dancer sang happiness is a butterfly at one point and Lana was lip syncing to something else at another scene. I love the song and I'm so thankful we're getting amazing new music but when will she stop reusing scrapped footage, it's messy and disappointing...And I guess this means happiness is a butterfly could be scrapped? Or else she'd just save this video for the release of that...But it's lana so you never know, it might still be on there lmao.

The snippet of HIaB is back on her Insta. I doubt it will be scrapped.

Poor Lana, still seen as the sad girl, but if you really listen to her lyrics it's just the men around her that are sad (MAC, ITH, SOC, BB.. ), which brings her down too. I believe she's inherently a happy person, or just a normal girl looking for happiness but finds it in the wrong places (Ride). Must be hard to break out of that persona once people have established you that way. I hope MAC does that for her, since it's a more mainstream release than the other songs. 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

I expect the next weeks to be a bit more quiet... We will have by then two singles... And she's been real quiet between the end of the tour and last week. If her absence made her compose songs like MAC, I really don't mind the absence lol.

And at the end of the year, another single drop, maybe? With the infos of the album (date, cover, release).

Poor Lana, still seen as the sad girl, but if you really listen to her lyrics it's just the men around her that are sad (MAC, ITH, SOC, BB.. ), which brings her down too. I believe she's inherently a happy person, or just a normal girl looking for happiness but finds it in the wrong places (Ride). Must be hard to break out of that persona once people have established you that way. I hope MAC does that for her, since it's a more mainstream release than the other songs. 

See, that's the thing with Lana: I never saw her as a sad girl. A girl that loves to feel in very intense ways, either the good or the bad. She is just honest. Her sadder songs feel like a photograph in time of what she was feeling at the moment (a sadder moment of her life). She is one of the few that express all that she is feeling. Ahd she is realistic too: happiness is fragile, and we all have our demons to face from time to time. 

It's really nice seeing all this love for her new music. I dont think i've read a single bad comment on MAC yet which is really surprising (compared to the LFL era). I hope Lana is smiling while reading through the comments here. <3

And btw i think she'll drop the third single in December, and then have the album released by late January/ early to mid February.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i hope LDR6 is a cute lil 10 or 11 track girl. all antonoff. super concise. her melodrama!

if it's another 15+ track mixtape LFL mess she can KEEP IT :crossed:

I would love another 16 track record, BTD (15), UV (16), HM (14) and LFL (16) proves that she can produce extensive and cohesive projects, I genuinely believe that LFL is a great record, I just wish they'd revised the tracklist more thoroughly. 

Hmmm, I do like the sentiment of MAC opening the record, but I really want to her keep the theme going, Born To Die was track 1, Ultraviolence was track 2, Honeymoon was track 1 and Lust For Life was track 2... Suggesting that track 1 of this record is the album title?

Unless it is self titled which I would really love.

I think she'll drop the third single in December, and then have the album released by late January/ early to mid February.

Let's hope she drops the album on BTD's birthday... Show the world her growth.