Elle

Venice Bitch

3 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

i agree about the energy… but the actual single cover of the plants couldn’t be a better representation of the green fragility in that song!! The plants are so psychedelic and that hot warm glow around the house’s features almost lets you feel the sun on the back of your neck. i know its just a candid little iphone photo, and maybe staring at it while listening on acid gave me a bias, but i still think this is one of the top singles of her career. it felt like everything as an artist lead up to the premier of those two songs. it begun a whole new chapter! it solidified the confidence we need that even 11 or so years into her career now, she still finds ways to innovate!

Oh I totally agree! I love them both <3 the plants cover is perfect — so amazing to have both and to now put another image to the song! 

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

just learnt that she sings "beautiful losers" - i'd never paid attention to the "losers" part before! :trisha: this fucking song :trisha: 

I don’t know if she references that, but it’s the name of a Leonard Cohen novel.

3 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

just learnt that she sings "beautiful losers" - i'd never paid attention to the "losers" part before! :trisha: this fucking song :trisha: 

i genuinely like that it’s “beautiful losers” it’s relatable… but in a good way? like, yeah, we’re strange & off-beat & enigmatic, but we take pride in that :agree: :xcry:

WGe8ynS.gif

For the longest time I thought she was just saying "la la la la la la looooo, beautiful, beautiful" :bebe: I love the "beautiful losers" line, it really adds to the nostalgia and care free vibe of the song

imageproxy.jpg

This is one of those songs that is a full-body experience. The song doesn’t feel like it’s ten minutes long because of the timelessness of the feelings of memory and nostalgia it gives you.

I have something I’m embarrassed to admit:bebe: from the very first time I heard VB I heard “you’re in the yard, I like to fart” I know I know it’s so stupid and not the actual lyrics and I don’t know what’s wrong with my ears but I hear it every time and it doesn’t ruin the song for me (it’s  iconic I know) but it does like tarnish it for me? :krylie: idk what’s wrong with me 

17 hours ago, emliqua said:

I have something I’m embarrassed to admit:bebe: from the very first time I heard VB I heard “you’re in the yard, I like to fart” I know I know it’s so stupid and not the actual lyrics and I don’t know what’s wrong with my ears but I hear it every time and it doesn’t ruin the song for me (it’s  iconic I know) but it does like tarnish it for me? :krylie: idk what’s wrong with me 

i'm never going to be able to listen to venice bitch again without thinking of this :bebe: :thumb3:

like how it sounds like she's saying "radio up my ass" when she's saying "radio blares" in burning desire :bebe: :thumb3:

WGe8ynS.gif

1 hour ago, love deluxe said:

the way almost no one posted for the anniversary of her best song… im so sad 

Yeah but I guess it’s what happens when you share an anniversary with Honeymoon. When Venice Bitch was released, roles were reversed and nobody was mentioning poor HM’s birthday :krylie:

On 2/22/2023 at 3:37 AM, emliqua said:

LMAO. It's 'l light the fire'

Please don't let that ruin this gorgeous song (my lana fav) for you

On 5/19/2022 at 7:11 PM, Surf Noir said:

i genuinely like that it’s “beautiful losers” it’s relatable… but in a good way? like, yeah, we’re strange & off-beat & enigmatic, but we take pride in that :agree: :xcry:

i'm sure she doesn't say 'losers' anywhere. like, huh? where did that come from?

it totally wouldn't fit the song

54 minutes ago, barttttender said:

i'm sure she doesn't say 'losers' anywhere. like, huh? where did that come from?

it totally wouldn't fit the song

She's sung "la la la la la beautiful, beautiful losers" or "beautiful, losers, losers" live (hence my current username!). :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, love deluxe said:

you can literally look up the stems. she says losers

it's a mistake. i've heard that song a million times and she doesn't say that word

also, it just wouldn't fit. why would she refer to herself as a loser?

i'm a writer, and trust me, it just doesn't work. it's beautiful times 2