Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

The collected Sylvia Plath poems is available for 4 bucks as a kindle book on Amazon. Not that I'm trying to compare LDR to her or anything, but LDR could easily sell her book of poems for $1, as a e pub, and still make money. Or she could just self-publish on the internet as she's been doing. I don't think LDR poems are that bad. They are quite interesting as a roadmap of her mind, so I'm still hoping she does some kind of release.

Oh yeah it's doable for $1 as an e-book. 

Personally I think she should do an audio book. We are auditory peoples. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i just watched her livestream from yesterday when she was reading a bit of her poetry and damn it got me kind of emotional   :defeated:

i always had low expectations of her poetry, not sure even why, but she will serve   :gclap:

9FX1CCD.png

The way it's written as "Violet bEnt bAckwards Over The gRass" is so funny jgklfdjgkflds  :deadbanana:

I just imagine L saying "oh shit not me doing the wrong capital letter again fuck"

The fact that she voluntarily held her terrible typing up for the world to see is even funnier. I love that crazy bitch.

9FX1CCD.png

The way it's written as "Violet bEnt bAckwards Over The gRass" is so funny jgklfdjgkflds  :deadbanana:

I just imagine L saying "oh shit not me doing the wrong capital letter again fuck"

where's this from?

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Violet bEnt bAckwards Over The gRass

I went to a party

I came in hot

Made decisions beforehand

My mind made up

Things that would make me happy to do them or not

Each option weighed carefully

A plan for each thought

And then I walked through the door past the open concept

And saw Violet bent backwards over the grass

Seven years old with dandelions grasped tightly in her hand

Arched like a bridge in a fallen handstand

Grinning wildly like a madman

With the exuberance that only doing nothing can bring

Waiting for the fireworks to begin

And in that moment

I decided to do nothing about everything.

(Obviously idk how it's actually formatted because she only read it ...)

Tbh this shit better still happen bc she completely blew off NFR and left everyone in the dark about it for half a year to post excerpts on Instagram in between church services and Cha Cha Matcha hangouts; imagine the salt if she just ghosts this project too :rip:

Is it too soon to add this to the Lies thread?  :creep:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Is this still coming?

Nope. She doesn't know how to release it. I don't know how many times people have told her to use online publishing like Lulu.com but she won't listen. 

Halsey is supposedly coming out with a poetry book. We know how she copies Lana so of course. 

Tbh this shit better still happen bc she completely blew off NFR and left everyone in the dark about it for half a year to post excerpts on Instagram in between church services and Cha Cha Matcha hangouts; imagine the salt if she just ghosts this project too :rip:

Is it too soon to add this to the Lies thread?  :creep:

Not soon. This is never coming out.