Elle

“Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass” hardcover Poetry Book Pre-Release Thread

I’m not upset about the picture, but overall it doesn’t seem fitting to the cover. The selfie, and even the white box, don’t compliment the painting cover at all. Perhaps her picture would’ve been better inside a flap, just the painting as the back, and the white box to either bottom corner of the book.

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

On 8/23/2020 at 1:19 PM, irongates said:

now why couldn't she just have chuck take a nice little photo of her and put a b&w filter over it

Hide contents

like she does for everything else

I think this project is only going to have photos featured that Lana herself has taken? Not that it excuses her low effort selfie (it's so eye-rolling when people don't have headshots), but the description mentioned the book includes photos by her. So she might not have wanted Chuck to have anything to do with this project.

3lfQEhw.png

On 8/23/2020 at 12:19 AM, irongates said:

now why couldn't she just have chuck take a nice little photo of her and put a b&w filter over it

Hide contents

like she does for everything else

she probally burred Chuck on the same grave that Stella, Paty and many others that come to her life :smokes:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

wait so Mariah Carey is releasing an audio book soon? There you go Lana setting the trend once again for others to copy. Next up

Taylor Swift Sunflowers Curved Upwards To The Sun

- Lorde : Lilies Blowing Sideways In The Wind

- Billie Eyelash : Roses Dangling Upside Down From The Ceiling  

20 hours ago, Tomboboy2#0 said:

wait so Mariah Carey is releasing an audio book soon? There you go Lana setting the trend once again for others to copy. Next up

And this is why Lana is fed up with the music industry establishment. She innovates, everyone else copies her. Everyone else gets the credit and Lana gets snubbed at the awards losing to people who copied her.

Anyway, Lana’s book comes out in one month! Looking forward to it! 

Hopefully the dutch site or whatever site it was got confused with Violet and that’s why they wrote October 

Aaah I hate this mess:ahh:

If it's really delayed pls tell us Miss Lana Del Rey:blanche:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 8/29/2020 at 12:30 AM, Tomboboy2#0 said:

Not to be that person, but can we stop putting artists against each other? Mariah started writing her Memoir way before Lana even had an idea she was going to get published. And it’s pretty obvious nowadays that when a star releases a book, they also release an audio version of the book. Also, not to mention that many other artists did it before Lana, like Lily Allen for example.

Let people express themselves through art the way they want to, especially female artists. Lana just happens to be an artist you follow that has made her debut into poetry, but don’t forget that the world doesn’t revolve around her. I mean, I love Lana but it’s a bit absurd to think she started the trend of audiobooks

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

3 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Not to be that person, but can we stop putting artists against each other? Mariah started writing her Memoir way before Lana even had an idea she was going to get published. And it’s pretty obvious nowadays that when a star releases a book, they also release an audio version of the book. Also, not to mention that many other artists did it before Lana, like Lily Allen for example.

Let people express themselves through art the way they want to, especially female artists. Lana just happens to be an artist you follow that has made her debut into poetry, but don’t forget that the world doesn’t revolve around her. I mean, I love Lana but it’s a bit absurd to think she started the trend of audiobooks

also, mariah's book was announced prior to at the same time as Violet :toofloppy:  this is ridiculous

image.png

1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

that’s a good point. 

On 8/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, Tomboboy2#0 said:

On 9/11/2020 at 2:11 PM, FallingCherry said:

please be that person. Lana is incredibly talented but certainly not the first female pop artist to write some poetry.

not saying Taylor is the first either but she wrote and recorded her own poetry in 2017, and it was heard at her 2018 reputation tour, accompanied by video.

it's about high time for Peter Pan and his lost boys to grow up. Halsey and Mariah are both queens. let them rule their own queendoms thank you. 

35 minutes ago, jvsminefempop said:

please be that person. Lana is incredibly talented but certainly not the first female pop artist to write some poetry.

not saying Taylor is the first either but she wrote and recorded her own poetry in 2017, and it was heard at her 2018 reputation tour, accompanied by video.

it's about high time for Peter Pan and his lost boys to grow up. Halsey and Mariah are both queens. let them rule their own queendoms thank you. 

ooh burn

I'm actually excited for the book :) :) lol she said they're'd be more poems than the audiobook right?? or am I hallucinating ??

If we get any music before the release of the physical violet I'd be pleasantly surprised!!

4 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

I'm actually excited for the book :) :) lol she said they're'd be more poems than the audiobook right?? or am I hallucinating ??

If we get any music before the release of the physical violet I'd be pleasantly surprised!!

yeah, there'll be more poems and pictures taken by lana! not (only) pictures of her, but stuff like idk pictures of the sky