canela

Slayyyter

7 hours ago, wahyun said:

Pitchfork gave her a 6, but reading the so called review, it was a bit confusing, sounds like who wrote it has something personal against Slayyy

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/slayyyter-troubled-paradise/

6 is decent, but

But that audacious image and sound haven’t advanced any further than where she left them on Slayyyter. Songs like the unpleasantly frizzy “Over This!” and the monotonous “Dog House,” an uninspired copycat of Azealia Banks’ “212,” sound like they could have been B-sides from the earlier tape.

and more… clearly someone has an agenda

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

13 hours ago, wahyun said:

Pitchfork gave her a 6, but reading the so called review, it was a bit confusing, sounds like who wrote it has something personal against Slayyy

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/slayyyter-troubled-paradise/

the way she handled it though!

https://twitter.com/slayyyter/status/1404445191117983752

Some of the pitchfork article was really harsh especially the 212 comparison I don’t really hear that at all.

But tbh.. some parts of it were kind of true in my opinion. This whole album narrative being based around her achievement of a mediocre level of success with A small community of fans and Ayesha-crazed gays then it getting diminished due to her being cancelled for racist tweets. Yikes that is literally the most embarrassing narrative any album has ever had

And the parts about how her mixtape was perfectly crafted to replicate a nostalgic idea of pop vs her coming out with a boring overdone borderline hyper pop album is such a disappointing trajectory. Like I agree with that part because she’s literally just doing what works. The videos haven’t done super well either and they were all filmed in one day with a green screen I mean is there no budget? 

A debut album from what seemed to be one of the most promising artists of 2019ish they kind of spilled. As a fan from before I was disappointed.  I know some people love this album and that’s ok it’s just my opinion. 

GOD I can't stop listening to this snippet why did she scrap this god tier song of hers like it just BODIES nostalgic 00s pop bops it gives Pocketful of Sunshine vibes :angie: 

yueeFby.mp4

Slayyyter if ur reading this im begging just slip into my DMs I won't tell nobody :mj2:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

7 hours ago, princessdollie said:

Some of the pitchfork article was really harsh especially the 212 comparison I don’t really hear that at all.

But tbh.. some parts of it were kind of true in my opinion. This whole album narrative being based around her achievement of a mediocre level of success with A small community of fans and Ayesha-crazed gays then it getting diminished due to her being cancelled for racist tweets. Yikes that is literally the most embarrassing narrative any album has ever had

And the parts about how her mixtape was perfectly crafted to replicate a nostalgic idea of pop vs her coming out with a boring overdone borderline hyper pop album is such a disappointing trajectory. Like I agree with that part because she’s literally just doing what works. The videos haven’t done super well either and they were all filmed in one day with a green screen I mean is there no budget? 

A debut album from what seemed to be one of the most promising artists of 2019ish they kind of spilled. As a fan from before I was disappointed.  I know some people love this album and that’s ok it’s just my opinion. 

This part is far from the truth :lmao:

BzhmW.png

Here's some stuff from the AMA!

About Heaven and Dangerous:

I just didn't finish them! both great songs but i felt that the vocals werent just right, I made those during quarantine and had more time to listen and be really picky. Might put them on some project in the future though!!

Also, she said she's trying to release the Gimme More Remix:

IM TRYINGGGG ahaha its so hard bc the clearances and stuff. its not really a cover so I can't upload as one, but also as a remix theres more hurdles in releasing.

About a possible TP Deluxe:

possibly, was thinking about it today actually. because it was a featureless album some artist remixes would be cool.

She also said if she could do another music video for a song from the album it would be Venom or Serial Killer. There were so many questions about the Dog House video, and she didn't answer even one LOL

3 hours ago, True Romance said:

She also said if she could do another music video for a song from the album it would be Venom or Serial Killer. There were so many questions about the Dog House video, and she didn't answer even one LOL

i think doghouse is still coming, i guess she was just saving it for later and wants to keep cool about it

or maybe she just scrapped the whole thing and is embarrassed to talk about it :troll:

2 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

i think doghouse is still coming, i guess she was just saving it for later and wants to keep cool about it

or maybe she just scrapped the whole thing and is embarrassed to talk about it :troll:

I kinda feel for her in this position. Someone leaked months ago and probably that's why she was already working on new things. I don't know, maybe if she change the tracklist for some another unreleaseds, I really don't know. As far as Dog House hype, it got outshined by Self Destruct/Troubled Paradise hype.  To me it looks like she planned an agenda for the releases in 2020 but covid came and she got to do Self Destruct as a lead single because october and then all got messed up.

10 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

Dog House is such a standout 

IMO it could be so much more. The first half of the beat it's kinda boring with spicy bars, like, c'mon. Then when it got better, it's over.