canela

Slayyyter

this isnt meant to be targeted or hateful or anything but why was slayyyter the pop girl whose career took the biggest hit from a racism scandal? i know her fanbase is social justice oriented in comparison to someone like camila but caroline has a ton of fan overlap and she has huge momentum right now despite saying the n word less than two years ago in her 30s. slayyyter said it far more than caroline did and the circumstances were very different, but why was there virtually no pushback against caroline? is it a class thing? ive seen a lot of responses along the lines of "go back to folding towels" etc like people hate service workers and i feel like the fact that shes a small independent popstar with few resources is part of it. anyway just wanted to open up a discussion bc i feel like its important to keep talking about stuff like this rather than sweep it under the rug. thoughts?

:bitchfight:

this isnt meant to be targeted or hateful or anything but why was slayyyter the pop girl whose career took the biggest hit from a racism scandal? i know her fanbase is social justice oriented in comparison to someone like camila but caroline has a ton of fan overlap and she has huge momentum right now despite saying the n word less than two years ago in her 30s. slayyyter said it far more than caroline did and the circumstances were very different, but why was there virtually no pushback against caroline? is it a class thing? ive seen a lot of responses along the lines of "go back to folding towels" etc like people hate service workers and i feel like the fact that shes a small independent popstar with few resources is part of it. anyway just wanted to open up a discussion bc i feel like its important to keep talking about stuff like this rather than sweep it under the rug. thoughts?

there was quite a bit of pushback for caroline, but she just quoted the word. don't get me wrong, she was dumb as HELL for doing it, but she clearly didn't have any bad intentions behind it and just wasn't thinking. Slayyyter's acts were much worse, and she didn't "only do it once" or anything like that.

Both artists were heavily in the wrong, but there is a big difference in what they did.

Personally, I think both artists got what they deserved. Caroline's act still remains hanging over her head every once and awhile, as there are still people who bring it up.

xMcVPI7.jpg

It's a different sittuation for both as explained on the post before. For Slayyyter we aren't actually sure of how she'll.. "keep it going". I saw many people "forgiving" her and giving a second chance but she really went M.I.A. and probably won't be back til there's music to hold her together. Many people canceled their album orders and then pre-ordered again after her hand note etc.

is that a new twitter profile picture she posted? new era coming?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m