canela

Slayyyter

Anybody noticing the commonality with people defending her ignorance is that they're not from North America? If you grew up in America, you absolutely understand race relations enough to know white girls don't say that. Camila fucked up & still has penance to do but she's not the 1st non-black PoC to think being a minority 'gives her a pass' (J.Lo still has a career after I'm Real). That's a way murkier issue than this. If a white person said the n word at my high school in 2012, you were getting roasted. There's no excuse. She knew her language was appalling, she did it to be edgy. Ironic she's finally getting the attention she was looking for with those tweets.

Anybody noticing the commonality with people defending her ignorance is that they're not from North America? If you grew up in America, you absolutely understand race relations enough to know white girls don't say that. Camila fucked up & still has penance to do but she's not the 1st non-black PoC to think being a minority 'gives her a pass' (J.Lo still has a career after I'm Real). That's a way murkier issue than this. If a white person said the n word at my high school in 2012, you were getting roasted. There's no excuse. She knew her language was appalling, she did it to be edgy. Ironic she's finally getting the attention she was looking for with those tweets.

why do you think that what happened at your hs applies to like everyone('s)? lmfao let's not forget that miley cyrus in 2013 was pretty racist out of ignorance (and all because she wanted to be cool) and because she thought that having black friends and being surrounded by them gave her a pass (she has since learnt her lesson i think) and the same happens here, in 2012/2013 it was "cool" to say the n word online and that's why she did it, ugh, for fucks sake, let's leave the topic here and move on

giphy.gif

i still find it really unnerving that she tried to cover it up by just deactivating the account without giving a statement. if she hadn't done that i really would've believed those tweets came from a place of genuine ignorance and that she did recognize what was wrong with them

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

i do feel icky about the situation but i also think slayyyter will try to show shes changed rather than try to sweep it under the rug like a lot of artists do, i genuinely think shes a good person

:bitchfight:

i still find it really unnerving that she tried to cover it up by just deactivating the account without giving a statement. if she hadn't done that i really would've believed those tweets came from a place of genuine ignorance and that she did recognize what was wrong with them

Do you truly believe she deleted it and was never gonna give a statement  :facepalm:  In a since deleted tweet and in DMs with ppl she said she was literally feeling suicidal after news started to spread of what happened and she wanted to calm down before she gave a proper, level-headed statement. It really makes me mad that some of y'all believe everyone is cynical by nature.

this lmao like of course yt gays are defending her 

just to clarify: in my latest posts i wasn't trying to diminish the severity of the usage of the n-word by white people.i know it's a serious matter and i know that me, as a white person, don't have the right to tell pocs how to react or how they should feel about this, i know they're the ones getting attacked and the ones who should decide the outcome with slayyyter or anyone who said the n-word.

all i was trying to denounce is this ugly, toxic, cancel culture thing that's happening lately on social medias, where people go digging into the past of some celebrities just to bring them down, to drag them, spread negativity and stuff. i hate this witch hunt shit going on. i wasn't focusing my thoughts on the racial aspect of the situation. i was just focusing on how bad the cancel culture is and how it brings nothing to the world. i think people should be educated instead of canceled because, yes, they fuck up and i know that it may be disappointing but we all fuck up sometimes, so can we just give celebrities the chance to learn and change?

i'm sorry if i seemed inappropriate about the n-word part of this, cause that wasn't my intention.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

the melanie martinez song quote  :lmao:

edit: not to say that mm is racist but a felony stan being a gatekeeper of morality...

funny how you recognised it. anyways stop dragging other artists into this, melanie has nothing to do with this

"funny how you recognised it. anyways stop dragging other artists into this, melanie has nothing to do with this"

post-52486-0-25987800-1577863296_thumb.png

regardless of what kind of internet disagreement i have with somebody i would never send someone something like this. the quote got fucked up in editing this is @ "love is seeping out my pores, i don't hold anger anymore even for people who hurt and betray me"

Edited by lennoxxx

:bitchfight:

that's a pretty liberal and ignorant comment, and by the way we are not saying nothing about opression/whateveryouwanttocallit we are talking about how cancelling someone for something they did almost ten years ago is fucked up, like it's common sense and people can change and are allowed to do so (and also grow) but I guess y'all just like to cancell people just so you can brag online about how woke you are and feel morally superior to the rest of us when in reality we all have done shitty things in the past but I guess y'all are not ready to have this conversation

How is it an ignorant statement? If you're not black, then shut up?? 

It's up to black people to decide if they want to forgive Slayyyter or not. Personally I don't stan her so I'm not here to contribute to 'cancel culture', I'm literally just saying white people weren't targets of her old tweets. Nice reach though.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

How is it an ignorant statement? If you're not black, then shut up?? 

It's up to black people to decide if they want to forgive Slayyyter or not. Personally I don't stan her so I'm not here to contribute to 'cancel culture', I'm literally just saying white people weren't targets of her old tweets. Nice reach though.

whatever helps you to sleep at night, stream motorcycle

giphy.gif

I don't think i ever posted this here before

Slayyyter Masterpost (the songs with an * aren't included because you can buy/stream them):

Slayyyter - Sessions
Disc 1
1. BFF (feat. Ayesha Erotica) [Demo]
2. Ghost*
3. I'm High*
4. Platform Shoes*
5. Hello Kitty*
6. Sweet 16 (feat. Ravenna Golden)
7. Celebrity (Demo)
Disc 2
1. Platform Shoes (Official Acapella)
2. Platform Shoes (Official Instrumental)

Ride Wit Me
1. Ride Wit Me

Donatachi - Crush On U
1. Crush On U (with Slayyyter)*
2. Crush On U (with Slayyyter) [demo]

Unreleased
1. Swimming Pool (demo)
2. Fallen Angel
3. Babyyy
4. Hiccup
5. Serial Killer
6. U