Make me your Dream Life

Your Dream Lana Merch/Vinyl

As it sounds, title. 

I know it's pretty early off, and we've only gotten Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch as a taste of the album, if it even is indicative. Though, i'm gonna go off by what she mentioned w/ a recent interview of the next record going by surf rock vibes, and some RHCP influences too. 

If any of that's true and nothing changes til the top of next year, with the box set I'd love:

A groovy kind of color associated with the record, with pink, either a pastel malibu shade, or a nail polish-like magenta. 
Orange, like a burnt orange, or with yellow, like a blend of it to make some sort of neon lime green, tinged a bit more towards the spectrum of yellow slightly.

music-pale-pastel-pink-Favim.com-1610099

51cX2sCu6bL._SY300_QL70_.jpg 112348595697_1.jpg
ELO_ELDORADO_YELLOW_VINYL_LP_3.jpg

The return of picture discs, for the main lead single(s), and a DVD of music videos too/ tour dvd w/ interviews

Of course, some beautiful photos, like from the UV box set. 

and maybe some sort of charm, like a bracelet or necklace. 

I was thinking of something like, a kind of bookmark or stickers, but that might be a different vein of products. 

So, ideas?

edit: All these ideas are great! Keep em coming!  :heart:

---------------------------------------------------

COCC ideas: 

UV/Honeymoon

At this point, I'd be happy with anything that has more effort put into it than the Honeymoon/Lust For Life boxsets. I love your ideas, though. Magenta + burnt orange seem to fit really well. And obviously, picture discs (ideally for all the singles) would be a dream come true. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I just hope for a UV-esque booklet in terms of images and lyric snippets. Hopefully Neil or a new artist do the majority of the work.

I’m down for 90s indie rock, simple visuals like the supposed cover. Soft browns, lots of blue. Pictures of desert highways and LA industrial sites.

A six song Christmas songs/videos ep

one with Chuck

one with Elton John (who is now on Sir Lucien's label for life worldwide so it could happen)

one with Willie Nelson & Connie Smith

one with multi-artists including rappers

one with President Barack & Michelle Obama and Lin-Manuel Miranda

and perhaps an official w/family permission of Lana & Bing Crosby of "I'll be home for Christmas"

wouldn't it be cool if there was a trio of Elizabeth, Lana and Chuck?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I want a booklet explicating the process of recording, pictures and lyrics, a dvd w a documentary à la Five Foot Two, a lot of picture disks, a cassette boxset, a sticker pack, pins, etc... I'm a design student so of course it's dead important to me so as long as it's a well thought of, high quality designed product with emphasis on well thought of, I'll be happy. I love the UV boxset, I just think there are some things missing from it. Colour LPs are always nice as well, no matter how bad or ugly the design is

But I 1000000% believe the colour of the era is green. I really don't believe that if there are some colour LPs they will be any other colour than green.

Here's a few boxsets designs I love and would want to be explored

rqmmn.jpg

ljdwk.jpg

lmqly.jpg

kcvbc.jpg

gyjbb.jpg

hywnc.jpg

The issue with these examples is the difficulty of mass producing them I think? 

Also say what you want about Miss Frangipane but the Hopeless Fountain Kingdom boxset was IMPECCABLE. 

wkwrz.png

xhhkv.jpg

rgzzd.jpg

And I always go back to Father John Misty for boxsets

pngxr.jpg

zcgzr.jpg

dqlng.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

I agree about the green! I would love for the album art or color vinyl to be a serene forest green or seafoam green. 

If the poetry book is a companion piece to the album (like exploring the same themes) it would be cool for the boxset to include it. Photos with lyrics like in the UV boxset, or maybe even postcards, but not pictures like we got with LFL and HM. And some kind of extra charm, maybe a pin or patch

At this point, I'd be happy with anything that has more effort put into it than the Honeymoon/Lust For Life boxsets. I love your ideas, though. Magenta + burnt orange seem to fit really well. And obviously, picture discs (ideally for all the singles) would be a dream come true. 

Sad but tru.. and thanks yeah. Idk I hope we get something that we won't pleasantly expect, a change of color's good too imo 

I want it to come with singles like the paradise box-set did, and I wouldn't mind coke-bottle or light blue vinyl. It would be pretty dope to have an actual somewhat large poster too

This. Idk for me tho, I didn't really like the coke-bottle idea when it meshed with the album cover. Maybe I just didn't understand the aesthetic w/ it with the LFL cover. Light blue's great tho 

I got exctied when Lfl came out, and I went by a target and got that version, wished I had an album booklet instead, but the poster's nice so I get that. Some of her tour posters are just amazingg

UV/Honeymoon

I just hope for a UV-esque booklet in terms of images and lyric snippets. Hopefully Neil or a new artist do the majority of the work.

I’m down for 90s indie rock, simple visuals like the supposed cover. Soft browns, lots of blue. Pictures of desert highways and LA industrial sites.

I personally love that aesthetic and can get behind it. Idk for me, I didn't really like the supposed cover, something just seemed to negatively clash, maybe the shade, how flat it sort of looks bc of the angle, but I get what ur saying. Excited if that were to happen further. I like Neil and his work, but I'm hoping we get more realistic based-looking photos, less filters and more natural-occurring tones. 

A six song Christmas songs/videos ep

one with Chuck

one with Elton John (who is now on Sir Lucien's label for life worldwide so it could happen)

one with Willie Nelson & Connie Smith

one with multi-artists including rappers

one with President Barack & Michelle Obama and Lin-Manuel Miranda

and perhaps an official w/family permission of Lana & Bing Crosby of "I'll be home for Christmas"

wouldn't it be cool if there was a trio of Elizabeth, Lana and Chuck?

This is actually really thoughtful, this is great! I'd buy it 

I want a booklet explicating the process of recording, pictures and lyrics, a dvd w a documentary à la Five Foot Two, a lot of picture disks, a cassette boxset, a sticker pack, pins, etc... I'm a design student so of course it's dead important to me so as long as it's a well thought of, high quality designed product with emphasis on well thought of, I'll be happy. I love the UV boxset, I just think there are some things missing from it. Colour LPs are always nice as well, no matter how bad or ugly the design is

But I 1000000% believe the colour of the era is green. I really don't believe that if there are some colour LPs they will be any other colour than green.

Here's a few boxsets designs I love and would want to be explored

rqmmn.jpg

ljdwk.jpg

lmqly.jpg

kcvbc.jpg

gyjbb.jpg

hywnc.jpg

The issue with these examples is the difficulty of mass producing them I think? 

Also say what you want about Miss Frangipane but the Hopeless Fountain Kingdom boxset was IMPECCABLE. 

wkwrz.png

xhhkv.jpg

rgzzd.jpg

And I always go back to Father John Misty for boxsets

pngxr.jpg

zcgzr.jpg

dqlng.jpg

I -- 

I agree about the green! I would love for the album art or color vinyl to be a serene forest green or seafoam green. 

If the poetry book is a companion piece to the album (like exploring the same themes) it would be cool for the boxset to include it. Photos with lyrics like in the UV boxset, or maybe even postcards, but not pictures like we got with LFL and HM. And some kind of extra charm, maybe a pin or patch

YES !! ! And I was thinking about the poetry book too, postcards are cute, and a great idea actually. .. that'd be real cute! I feel like for me, I'd want to keep the music and poetry book separate to sort of respect them both if that makes sense, but I mean that'd be a buy right? 

UV/Honeymoon

I would actually love her to do something like the reputation magazines tbh, I hate Taylor but I think it could be so interesting to see Lana do something like that - could even be a cute way to fit some poetry into a mass produced mag

FzytWEW.png

I would actually love her to do something like the reputation magazines tbh, I hate Taylor but I think it could be so interesting to see Lana do something like that - could even be a cute way to fit some poetry into a mass produced mag

I like Taylor, I LOVE Reputation and I 100% agree, something similar but adapted to Lana would be amazing. I'm thinking of vintage Life or Playboy inspo :defeated: Basically I need much more printed materials for this era, and by this I don't mean a vaguely updated, still full of typos lyrics book. But something like the Paradise tour book 1000x power could be fucking amazing. I actually rly liked it, it felt more produced than anything else

ZKcaooE.png

I like Taylor, I LOVE Reputation and I 100% agree, something similar but adapted to Lana would be amazing. I'm thinking of vintage Life or Playboy inspo :defeated: Basically I need much more printed materials for this era, and by this I don't mean a vaguely updated, still full of typos lyrics book. But something like the Paradise tour book 1000x power could be fucking amazing. I actually rly liked it, it felt more produced than anything else

YESSSS it actually kills me she hasn't done any more tour books because the Paradise one is one of my most wanted items  :defeated:

FzytWEW.png