graham4anything

2020 USA Democratic Presidential General Election

1 minute ago, Mer said:

Actually I think @urgirl brings up a good point. Muting public leaders sets a dangerous precedent, especially if a warranted coup were to happen against a crooked regime, should Twitter mute the leader of that coup? It's a moral dilemma--but, in these circumstances, Twitter took the correct steps, especially after Trump tweeted that "these are the events that happen when a scared landslide election victory is so viciously and unceremoniously stripped away from great patriots". Fanning the flames of unjust violence based upon lies is pretty easy to morally decipher; but we'll have to cross the future morally-ambiguous bridges when we get there...

That makes sense to me, and I mostly agree with where you're coming from. However, I don't think that we should be looking at social media as a completely separate entity from the real world. The things that Trump has been saying and doing on Twitter has been nothing short of a fascist rising to power, which has legitimate real world consequences, and this action that Twitter has taken is years in the making. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

Actually I think @urgirl brings up a good point. Muting public leaders sets a dangerous precedent, especially if a warranted coup were to happen against a crooked regime, should Twitter mute the leader of that coup? It's a moral dilemma--but, in these circumstances, Twitter took the correct steps, especially after Trump tweeted that "these are the events that happen when a scared landslide election victory is so viciously and unceremoniously stripped away from great patriots". Fanning the flames of unjust violence based upon lies is pretty easy to morally decipher; but we'll have to cross the future morally-ambiguous bridges when we get there...

Thank you! That’s exactly what I’m talking about. I’m not talking about trump in this situation; we all agree that this is fucked up. I’m worried about future precedent. 

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

That makes sense to me, and I mostly agree with where you're coming from. However, I don't think that we should be looking at social media as a completely separate entity from the real world. The things that Trump has been saying and doing on Twitter has been nothing short of a fascist rising to power, which has legitimate real world consequences, and this action that Twitter has taken is years in the making. 

yes i see what you mean. But i also think that Twitter shouldn’t need to be checking and balancing a dangerously unhinged man. We have supposed checks and balances in our legislative processes for reasons, and since Trump is truly a danger to democracy, it’s a sad reality that Twitter takes action before Congress or the VP. 

Basically: Twitter was in the right, but it should never have come to being Twitters decision. Congress/Cabinet should’ve acted long before the execs at Twitter needed to discuss if they needed to mute the man. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

45 minutes ago, Mer said:

The Join Session of Congress will continue tonight. Numerous Republicans have now backtracked and said they will no longer object the certification of the election. 

just told my bf that these terrorists did the opposite of what they thought would happen... lmao the clown of the millennia award has been given today 

=========================

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

yes i see what you mean. But i also think that Twitter shouldn’t need to be checking and balancing a dangerously unhinged man. We have supposed checks and balances in our legislative processes for reasons, and since Trump is truly a danger to democracy, it’s a sad reality that Twitter takes action before Congress or the VP. 

Basically: Twitter was in the right, but it should never have come to being Twitters decision. Congress/Cabinet should’ve acted long before the execs at Twitter needed to discuss if they needed to mute the man. 

Agreed

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, TRENCH said:

just told my bf that these terrorists did the opposite of what they thought would happen... lmao the clown of the millennia award has been given today 

=========================

im hoping the ring leaders of this clown show also back down (Hawley and Cruz). 

The slight silver lining in this terrible situation is the GOP just nuked all their 2024 presidential hopefuls. Cruz, Hawley, Trump, and Pence now will have very little respect in the eyes of the majority of Americans across the political spectrum. And any point they try to make in a potential debate can be ended with “dude you’re one to talk, you encouraged a coup”. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

What a fucking day... Apparently very soon, congress will continue certifying the electoral college vote, so I can only imagine the night is still very young, and not in a good way. Stay safe, everyone.

2 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

well apparently mike pence unfollowed trump

omg... good for him for distancing himself from someone so problematic!!!!! #trumpiscancelled

not trying to clown on u, i just cant believe pence actually believes unfollowing trump is supposed to show his contrition or his distaste for trump's actions as if he didnt spend the last 4+ years fucking up the country by his side #besties :karaoke:

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

im hoping the ring leaders of this clown show also back down (Hawley and Cruz). 

The slight silver lining in this terrible situation is the GOP just nuked all their 2024 presidential hopefuls. Cruz, Hawley, Trump, and Pence now will have very little respect in the eyes of the majority of Americans across the political spectrum. And any point they try to make in a potential debate can be ended with “dude you’re one to talk, you encouraged a coup”. 

I would love to believe that but its obv that GOP followers will act like nothing happened and will keep electing the same 5 dinosaurs in 2024 

5 minutes ago, lamms said:

where did his shirt go lmao

he took It off to show manly dominance over the liberals... that he infact, a strong white man, was able to rescue democracy by stealing a piece of paper from the capitol 

7 minutes ago, knives said:

omg... good for him for distancing himself from someone so problematic!!!!! #trumpiscancelled

not trying to clown on u, i just cant believe pence actually believes unfollowing trump is supposed to show his contrition or his distaste for trump's actions as if he didnt spend the last 4+ years fucking up the country by his side #besties :karaoke:

i get what you're saying, i wasn't trying to make it seem like he's a great person now, because he's definitely still a clown for being by trump's side for so long, but i thought it was interesting (if it's even true)

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i get what you're saying, i wasn't trying to make it seem like he's a great person now, because he's definitely still a clown for being by trump's side for so long, but i thought it was interesting (if it's even true)

no no no, never thought that even for a second!! i just found it funny like pence thinks hes really doing something :lmao: unfollowing the president of the united states of america doesnt undo all the harm hes caused. therapy probably couldnt even help these people

I seriously fucking hate it here. 

I’m guilty of frequenting the same places to eat, to hang out, etc but I’ve been trying to make a conscious effort to shop at and order from business of color. Aside from that I’m trying to find other tangible ways to support black owned and other minority owned businesses (organizations, etc) Has anyone else on the boards found cool ways to support the ongoing National discussion? 

The absolute irony of waving confederate flags in the fucking United States of America’s capitol building :toofloppy:

worms for brains innit

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I’ve been trying to gauge a global opinion on this event, and I remember a CNN host saying that the republican GOP has blood on their hands for nurturing this rhetoric and it just makes absolute sense. It’s so frustrating to think people like loeffler, McConnell, and graham are just going to get a slap on the wrist for creating the problem. They don’t deserve those fucking seats. It’s absurd. ABSURD!!