graham4anything

2020 USA Democratic Presidential General Election

4 minutes ago, Venice said:

TRUMP HAS CONCEDED :)

this was not a concession. do not normalize this. a concession in every single american election in history as began with (something along the lines of) “i congratulate president-elect ____ for his hard fought victory”. Never has an actual concession speech not included the name of the president-elect. He also did not mention the word “peaceful” anywhere when discussing “transition”. I don’t mean to nitpick, but I worry for our future if we normalize this; or worse, applaud it. 

On a lighter note: who do you think tranquilized him first, Nancy Pelosi or Mike Pence? 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

honestly i feel like he was told to either "concede" or be removed from office. and the way he worded it, i really think hes gonna try to run again in 2024 :toofloppy:

17 minutes ago, knives said:

i really think hes gonna try to run again in 2024 :toofloppy:

i really hope he does lol he’ll split the party right in half and whoever gets the nomination will head into the generals damaged and with only 1/2 of the republicans turning out for him (basically Clinton/Bernie for the right, but wayyyy more severe). 

2 hours ago, Mer said:

this was not a concession. do not normalize this. a concession in every single american election in history as began with (something along the lines of) “i congratulate president-elect ____ for his hard fought victory”. Never has an actual concession speech not included the name of the president-elect. He also did not mention the word “peaceful” anywhere when discussing “transition”. I don’t mean to nitpick, but I worry for our future if we normalize this; or worse, applaud it. 

On a lighter note: who do you think tranquilized him first, Nancy Pelosi or Mike Pence? 

I'm not applauding anything, I'm just glad this is all coming to an end. I just think this is the best we'll get from Trump in terms of a concession speech, which is what I fully consider this to be (I think this is a decent explanation of it @ 14:00+). Further, multiple media outlets have also publicly and openly called this a concession - i.e. Forbes, CNN, ABC, CBC, Bloomberg, PBS, Toronto Star, Global News, National Post, and counting. Trump acknowledged that there will be a transition of power on the 20th, that a new administration will be inaugurated, and that it was an honor to have been the president, and that's powerful - an admission that it's over for him and he won't be president anymore, even if it's not respectful as it has historically been or doesn't follow the traditional outline. Never before have a bunch of things happened like during this election cycle.

As for his mind, I have no idea how that functions lmao.

16 minutes ago, Venice said:

I'm not applauding anything, I'm just glad this is all coming to an end. I just think this is the best we'll get from Trump in terms of a concession speech, which is what I fully consider this to be (I think this is a decent explanation of it @ 14:00+). Further, multiple media outlets have also publicly and openly called this a concession - i.e. Forbes, CNN, ABC, CBC, Bloomberg, PBS, Toronto Star, Global News, National Post, and counting. Trump acknowledged that there will be a transition of power on the 20th, that a new administration will be inaugurated, and that it was an honor to have been the president, and that's powerful - an admission that it's over for him and he won't be president anymore, even if it's not respectful as it has historically been or doesn't follow the traditional outline. Never before have a bunch of things happened like during this election cycle.

As for his mind, I have no idea how that functions lmao.

oh i wasn’t directing that at you lol i was just speaking in general about the reaction to his statement. 

Kelly Loeffler finally conceded and called to congratulate Raphael Warnock, without objecting to the vote as she had hinted she would on Tuesday night. Looks like the tide is finally (slowly) turning for the GOP. 

24 minutes ago, Mer said:

Kelly Loeffler finally conceded and called to congratulate Raphael Warnock, without objecting to the vote as she had hinted she would on Tuesday night.

Thats good. Didn't make herself look like a clown!

Spoiler

I wonder if she opened the call with "hello radical liberal raphael warnock! as a girl from a small farm im calling to congratulate you for your victory.."

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

15 minutes ago, Herzeleid said:

“hello radical liberal raphael warnock!”

“thats radical liberal SENATOR warnock, to you Kelly” 

35 minutes ago, Mer said:

oh i wasn’t directing that at you lol i was just speaking in general about the reaction to his statement. 

Ohh okay, gotcha ;) 

11 minutes ago, Herzeleid said:
  Hide contents

I wonder if she opened the call with "hello radical liberal raphael warnock! as a girl from a small farm im calling to congratulate you for your victory.."

Lmaooo, I can picture her saying that so clearly. Welp, music to my ears by now hahaha :w8ing:

9 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

omg as they should 

Trump has access to these mainstream social media sites....*checks list*...Yelp. 

someone on my tl said banning trump from twitter is like giving cpr to a corpse at this point. should have been done a while ago. 

Spoiler

cant wait to hear all about how this is censorship from republicans tho

1 hour ago, knives said:

Reveal hidden contents

cant wait to hear all about how this is censorship from republicans tho

ive currently been arguing with the republican side of my family about that—just bring up the baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple that they applauded a while ago...it’s the same thing. You enter someone’s business, you must obey their rules according to the same republicans. It’s not about free speech, no one has a right to use someone else’s services. Use their words against them. 

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

ive currently been arguing with the republican side of my family about that—just bring up the baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple that they applauded a while ago...it’s the same thing. You enter someone’s business, you must obey their rules according to the same republicans. It’s not about free speech, no one has a right to use someone else’s services. Use their words against them. 

you will never win an argument with a republican, or more specific, a Trumpculter 

2 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

you will never win an argument with a republican, or more specific, a Trumpculter 

true. what was that quote form the 1700s? something along the lines of “you can not reason someone out of a belief they didn’t reason into” 

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

true. what was that quote form the 1700s? something along the lines of “you can not reason someone out of a belief they didn’t reason into” 

I know by heart the average person is flexible In their political thinking, but these people have taken fanaticism into a hole new... not stratosphere.. into a whole new universe. Its shocking but its not? 

BREAKING: House Votes 232-197 to Impeach Trump for Incitement of Insurrection

The House of Representatives on Wednesday voted to impeach President Donald Trump for the second time of his presidency.

The impeachment resolution, which charged the president with “incitement of insurrection,” said the president had incited supporters at a Jan. 6 rally in Washington, D.C. “Members of the crowd he had addressed … unlawfully breached and vandalized the Capitol, injured and killed law enforcement personnel, menaced Members of Congress, the vice president, and congressional personnel, and engaged in other violent, deadly, destructive, and seditious acts,” the resolution noted.

The measure passed by a vote of 232-197, with 10 Republicans joining 222 House Democrats voting in favor. Four Republicans — Dan Crenshaw (TX), Chip Roy(TX), Nancy Mace (SC),  and John Curtis (UT) — abstained.

The measure drew slightly more support than the 2019 effort to impeach Trump, when 229 members voted to impeach him on the charge that he had obstructed a congressional investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and 230 members voted to impeach him on a charge that he had abused his power.

Trump is the third president in history to be impeached by the House, after Andrew Johnson in 1868 and Bill Clinton in 1998, and the first to be impeached twice. The Senate voted in favor of acquittal each time.

It isn’t clear Democrats have enough votes to succeed in their latest attempt to impeach the president. The party will hold 50 of the Senate’s 100 seats once Georgia certifies the results of its two Jan. 5 runoff elections, which is expected to happen no later than Jan. 22. At that point, Democrats will need at least 17 Republicans to join them in order to meet the 67-vote threshold the Constitution requires for convicting a president.

As of Wednesday, four Republican senators had said Trump’s actions warranted his removal from office, though none had committed to voting for the specific resolution passed by the House. Those included Mitt Romney (UT), Lisa Murkowski (AK), Pat Toomey (PA), and Ben Sasse (NE).

Complicating the issue is the fact that the Senate will not consider the matter until Trump has left office. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) indicated this week that while he is still making a decision about whether to support the president’s impeachment, he would not call the Senate back to Washington before Jan. 19, just a day before President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration as Trump’s successor. That means the Senate will not take the issue up before 1 p.m. on Jan. 20 — just an hour after Biden is scheduled to become president.