graham4anything

2020 USA Democratic Presidential General Election

We got to get Trump out. And the only way to do that is to vote for Biden.

A vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Donald Trump.

Some of these comments on here, I don’t know if I should laugh or cry because the ignorance I’m seeing is troublesome. I would really love to know what kids are being taught in schools now. I can not believe that someone in here literally just said that Obama and Trump are exactly the same. That screams ignorance.

I studied every single President. I can actually name all of them in order. Trump is the worst President in American history. He must go!

I see what you’re saying and you have a point. I don’t necessarily like it, but you’re right. Theres a process and the process goes, one step at a time. Sadly, we can’t fix everything right now and right away with a single push of a button but maybe we can by getting Trump out and then next election, get Biden out.

Hopefully by that point, we can have a bigger movement for a third party. Everyone always says it’s not possible and wouldn’t happen with the electoral college but if everyone said FUCK THIS then they’d have no choice. We’d see who the electoral college votes for, why, and if they go against the American people. If so, then we can revolt, remove them and move forward by whats right.

Exactly, and I think there's a much better chance for people to revolt and make actual change once Trump is out. Sadly these things take time, as frustrating as that is.

Some of these comments on here, I don’t know if I should laugh or cry because the ignorance I’m seeing is troublesome. I would really love to know what kids are being taught in schools now. I can not believe that someone in here literally just said that Obama and Trump are exactly the same. That screams ignorance.

I studied every single President. I can actually name all of them in order. Trump is the worst President in American history. He must go!

ignorance is believing everything Democrats tell you is true. trust me. i believe in most of the same values that liberals do, but I'm no liberal. im absolutely sure im not republican either. a two party system is undeniably flawed and to deny that much would be straight up lying.

giphy.gif

Something most baffling to me in this election cycle is how the establishment/centrists coalesced around Biden. Although a candidate like Harris, Buttigieg, or Klobuchar as the nominee would not guarantee a win in the general, it is still shocking to me that these campaigns were suspended for a Biden victory into Super Tuesday. He is so controversial and he gives the most ammo towards opposition both from the left and the right, so it feels really unwise that they're hedging their bets on him. Look at how Trump is responding to Harris now, calling her a radical left extremist... Any Democrat/anyone left of the Democrats would see that claim, and it would not have any influence on their opinions of Harris. Meanwhile, the largest opposition would come from those to the left who are currently now scrutinizing Harris's record, yet she would elevate her campaign by selecting someone to her left as the VP. 

Biden being the nominee really makes no sense to me. Were the centrists really that afraid that if they didn't coalesce around Biden that Bernie would get the nom? In any case, I will be voting for Biden-Harris, emphasis on Harris, considering that I am praying that Joe Biden dies in the near future, Harris becomes president, and she will be open into signing Medicare For All into law as she's a cosponsor. Yet this is likely never going to happen and my faith in electoral politics are fleeting.

All of it just seems so narrow-sighted. Sure, Biden may win. But I doubt the anti-Trump Republican support for his campaign outnumbers the uninspired progressives who feel absolutely unheard and torn down. Ultimately though, come 2024, the Republicans will simply run a moderate candidate along the lines of Gov. Larry Hogan (R-MD) or Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA), both of whom are Republican governors that are well liked in extremely blue states. A candidate like that will easily win the election in a landslide. Unfortunately, it makes me worry for the Democrats. 2024 will either come with the end of a second Trump term, which would likely result in the Democrats running another center-right candidate for a third consecutive general election, or it will come with the election of VP (or perhaps re-election of President) Kamala Harris (considering re-election of Biden seems unlikely at this point). Harris will likely face extreme scrutiny from the left and from moderate Republicans for being "coronated" with a 2024 election. She will either have to adopt some real left-leaning policies if the Dems are going to win 2024. But my greatest concern is that the 2016 and 2020 elections have turned off so many progressives/left-leaning citizens from voting and also that the DNC will never open up to an actual left-leaning candidate to such an extent that we may never see another Democratic President in our lifetime.

Lastly, I just hate how individuals take politics nowadays, particularly on social media. So many keyboard warriors who will scream at you if you share an honest critique of a politician. It feels extremely eerie for people to get upset when anything negative is shared about a politician. If my action should lend someone the power to be in the highest office of this country, I feel that I would be doing myself a disservice if I did not critique these individuals. For example, critiquing Biden is not campaigning for Trump – it's simply fostering open and constructive criticism within the Democratic Party. So many of these centrist/establishment Democrats make such a fuss over any dissent to an extent that it turns so many people off from politics when really everyone involved should have a seat at that table. I mean, it's not stan Twitter, after all.

ignorance is believing everything Democrats tell you is true. trust me. i believe in most of the same values that liberals do, but I'm no liberal. im absolutely sure im not republican either. a two party system is undeniably flawed and to deny that much would be straight up lying.

And is the solution not to vote and to allow Trump to get four more years? 

or it will come with the election of VP (or perhaps re-election of President) Kamala Harris (considering re-election of Biden seems unlikely at this point).

please, if she runs in her 2024 in a position like this, we'll primary her ass with a progressive candidate

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

please, if she runs in her 2024 in a position like this, we'll primary her ass with a progressive candidate

I would like to see it, but the Democratic primaries really feel like a reality TV competition where the DNC is able to get their favorite in the top spot no holds barred... But I would like to see it. In 2020, I see a lot of people who once were non-political come out and support progressive candidates and causes after experiencing 2016, so maybe in 2024 we will finally overtake DNC shenanigans. 

You’d imagine someone who “studied presidents” would know of all the war crimes committed by said presidents

The rules of war are set by the Geneva Convention. I’m not a fool and I have studied all the Presidents unlike today’s kids who know nothing about history because they don’t learn anything in school.

Rarely is the question asked; “Is Our Children Learning?”

If you found out Richard Nixon was actually Ed Sullivan and his entire presidency staged how would this shift your consciousness levels of all the actions of all presidents before and after him since 1871 when The USA was incorporated & became a corporate entity of the British Empire again? Asking for a friend. I have plenty of patience so I'll wait for your reply. If not today maybe TOMORROW. 

273154382.jpg

If you found out Richard Nixon was actually Ed Sullivan and his entire presidency staged how would this shift your consciousness levels of all the actions of all presidents before and after him since 1871 when The USA was incorporated & became a corporate entity of the British Empire again? Asking for a friend. I have plenty of patience so I'll wait for your reply.

273154382.jpg

Oh god here we go again

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

The rules of war are set by the Geneva Convention. I’m not a fool and I have studied all the Presidents unlike today’s kids who know nothing about history because they don’t learn anything in school.

you're very condescending, and your grammar is incorrect btw (for someone who was actually taught STUFF in school)

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

If you "studied the Presidents" as well as you studied European history when you tried to explain to us how Serbia "became independent" from Yugoslavia in the Dua Lipa thread, then good luck bookin' that school u speak of.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Some people should learn the difference between studying and applying knowledge. Actually using your brain is what makes you an adult. Usually.

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????