Sign in to follow this  
nationalxanthem

Dublin, Ireland @ Malahide Castle - June 22, 2019

So glad I was a reasonable human and didn’t fork out thousands of dollars to fly to Ireland and camp out for days so I could get front row for the 23rd time! Unlike some people xo I honestly don’t think I would’ve survived the absolute cringe-fest of Lana pinching noodle boy’s cheeks and telling the crowd he’s her fave.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

lmfao i tweeted that old woman and she deleted her tweet about the fans doing drugs immediately 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-06-23 at 5.46.27 pm.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-06-23 at 5.52.37 pm.png

In all honesty Lana isn't for everyone. I seen so many negative reviews over the years about her concerts. It's usually "people pay money to see that?" 

Truth be told, she has back up tracking vocals with applause, she doesn't sing live as much as she use to (think 2011-2013) and her concerts are short. Can you blame them? 

In all honesty Lana isn't for everyone. I seen so many negative reviews over the years about her concerts. It's usually "people pay money to see that?" 

Truth be told, she has back up tracking vocals with applause, she doesn't sing live as much as she use to (think 2011-2013) and her concerts are short. Can you blame them? 

tbh all her criticisms were valid (not that i necessarily agree, but like...i get where she's coming from lmao) besides the drug thing 

it's just the way i feel

So glad I was a reasonable human and didn’t fork out thousands of dollars to fly to Ireland and camp out for days so I could get front row for the 23rd time! Unlike some people xo I honestly don’t think I would’ve survived the absolute cringe-fest of Lana pinching nooode boy’s cheeks and telling the crowd he’s her fave.

That kid has to come from a lot of money. Even if he worked two jobs, he wouldn't be able to afford flying around back and fourth and hotel stays plus concert tickets etc. He's a young kid not the CEO of some company so he's got to be one of those trust fund kids or something. What a great life he has.

tbh all her criticisms were valid (not that i necessarily agree, but like...i get where she's coming from lmao) besides the drug thing 

^ agree. i don't mind if you don't like lana live - the experience is a lot - and i'm cool with that. but how naive can you be going to a concert of an alternative singer who is known to sing about drugs and be surprised that people are doing drugs????

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

Which are the songs that she half sings? She needs to get rid of them

I think born to Die, summertime fadness, off to the races, white mustang is so uninteresting live

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I wasn't there obviously, but I'm somewhat irritated that she didn't use this show to debut the next song from NFR. Like, she announced that the album is coming out in two months ... it would've been the perfect time to sing a new song.

I'm sure she thought adding Doin' Time was enough.

I love how on Ben's awful livestream everyone is screeching "CINNAMON! CINNAMON! CINNAMON!" and she's just like, "alright, so we're just gonna do Venice Bitch" ... which is what she intended to do even before asking the crowd which song they wanted, I'm sure. Zzzz.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Lana Del Ira :thumb2:

Ira songs =/= trad. Though I laughed at the image of her cruising around listening to go home british soldiers.

I love when she recognises the places she goes to beyond just 'I love it here!', especially when it's somewhere that might not get many big-name artists. Some artists will play in London and assume fans from Ireland and all over Britain will have the money to pay to see them there. It'd be kind of cool if she added some Irish trad elements to her music lmao

locals only

Obviously there's vocals on the tracks, as she generally only sings half the words these days - but there's "applause" on the tracks too??!!   Is that confirmed?  What's that about?

26vMNDz.gif

Unpopular opinion / the fucking tea about Ireland:

That show was the BIGGEST. FUCKINF. MESS of any lana show of all time, even people who went to 20+ shows said it was the worst. The run to the barrier was awful, people from the back tried to scam their way to the front, I LEGIT GOT TRAMPLED.

MY LEG IS FUCKED UP AND BRUISED.

THE ANXIETY AND STRESS OF GOING AND GETTING CONCERT BARRIERS IS REALLY FUCKING DIFFICULT.

I get you guys maybe don’t like Win and all that, but when I met all of them they were legit all so fucking sweet and kind and followed the rules and we’re down to earth. They play by the rules, their nice to other fans and they’re actually really down to earth. For the fucking stress and violence of these concerts they deserve every barrier they get. You probably would never realise this unless you met them but honestly this weekend has completely changed my perspective. I really respect them because the mental exhaustion of doing this is some of the hardest ever. Saturday was the most stressful thing I have ever subjected myself to. People were choked, People were trampled, people tripped other people up and shoved People over barriers and gateways. Anyone who camped and then got barrier is CONSIDERABLY luckier than you think they are. That show was a death trap.

Not calling out anyone in particular cause I know a good percent of people have the same feelings but it’s so fucking hard you know?

// mini rant over soz

Unpopular opinion / the fucking tea about Ireland:

That show was the BIGGEST. FUCKINF. MESS of any lana show of all time, even people who went to 20+ shows said it was the worst. The run to the barrier was awful, people from the back tried to scam their way to the front, I LEGIT GOT TRAMPLED.

MY LEG IS FUCKED UP AND BRUISED.

THE ANXIETY AND STRESS OF GOING AND GETTING CONCERT BARRIERS IS REALLY FUCKING DIFFICULT.

I get you guys maybe don’t like Win and all that, but when I met all of them they were legit all so fucking sweet and kind and followed the rules and we’re down to earth. They play by the rules, their nice to other fans and they’re actually really down to earth. For the fucking stress and violence of these concerts they deserve every barrier they get. You probably would never realise this unless you met them but honestly this weekend has completely changed my perspective. I really respect them because the mental exhaustion of doing this is some of the hardest ever. Saturday was the most stressful thing I have ever subjected myself to. People were choked, People were trampled, people tripped other people up and shoved People over barriers and gateways. Anyone who camped and then got barrier is CONSIDERABLY luckier than you think they are. That show was a death trap.

Not calling out anyone in particular cause I know a good percent of people have the same feelings but it’s so fucking hard you know?

// mini rant over soz

This type of thing happens in a lot of concerts, especially where I'm from (UK) and I'd imagine it's similar in Dublin. When I went to see her live me and my friend had to sprint, people were running etc. It's part of the concert experience here- camping out doesn't mean you're guaranteed a spot at the front, just that you're more likely to get to the front because you'll have a head start lmao

locals only

I agree getting front row is one of the most exhausting things ever... Mentally and physically lmao. I've been doing that for years for every concert I go and Lana's are are particularly death traps. Glad I run extremely fast and im tall x

All part of the fun. What's a concert without thinking you just might die.

A security guard at a Coldplay concert forced us to stand up for several hours, even before the pre-bands were on stage, and it was raining and windy and ice cold. People were about to faint (I think one actually did) and one of the bands had to cancel their performance because the rain just kept pouring from the tent’s roof right onto their keyboard. I’m still surprised that I didn’t catch a cold or fever afterwards. And I’m surprised that my sis in law survived, she was not properly dressed, I thought she would get pneumonia afterwards but nope. :3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png