Say Yes to Heaven

Cinnamon Girl

I was just coming in here to talk about this ...

It sounds like, "I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't" @ 4:28 ... am I making stuff up, or do other people hear that, too?

I hear something like "I take away" but idk that doesn't make sense - definitely doesn't sound like Lana's voice either, although it could be pitched. 

probably one to ask Jack about

It's definitely the song on the album that has the sexiest vibe (hence the Cherry comparison). It's also very soft and fragile. 

I actually like the fact that there is piano (to make it coherent) but also electronic (to make it different).

It's crazy to think she wrote this song & How to Disappear during the same time period (early October based on what she shared on her live tonight) Two compleeeeetely different songs. But goddamn whatever happened in Boston... we can thank it for this song x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

It's crazy to think she wrote this song & How to Disappear during the same time period (early October based on what she shared on her live tonight) Two compleeeeetely different songs. But goddamn whatever happened in Boston... we can thank it for this song x

Her shitty taste in men has sure produced some fine art!

It's not a weird flex :rip: He left her a bittersweet taste in her mouth, and she enters this dilemma whether tell him or not her past experiences with love... she's scared that will make him leave but oh well she's had enough. 

You're totally right.

"Cinnamon in my teeth from your kiss" - as in, you've kissed me and your kiss has left cinnamon in my teeth (weird flex, but I guess there was a lot of tongue)

or

"Cinnamon in my tea from you kiss" - you kissed my tea (??) and left cinnamon in it . . . how though . . . 

so is the lyric "cinnamon in my teeth" or "cinnamon in my tea"?

on genius it says "in my tea", and the admin of the page rejected my edit   :toofunny:

Cinnamon Girl has «psychedelic» synths like VB and FIILY. Both of those tracks have drug references, and Cinnamon Girl has as well with the pills. But I see Cinnamon as a reference also for drugs... like Heroin, maybe?!? (I really am no expert on drugs other than pot, honestly, so I could totally be wrong) The song Golden Brown by the Stranglers is supposed to be about heroin, and I kinda saw a pattern with the color and cinnamon.

That's why I don't think it's cinnamon in my tea, rather than «in my teeth», which works better for a dope reference. 

Cinnamon Girl has «psychedelic» synths like VB and FIILY. Both of those tracks have drug references, and Cinnamon Girl has as well with the pills. But I see Cinnamon as a reference also for drugs... like Heroin, maybe?!? (I really am no expert on drugs other than pot, honestly, so I could totally be wrong) The song Golden Brown by the Stranglers is supposed to be about heroin, and I kinda saw a pattern with the color and cinnamon.

That's why I don't think it's cinnamon in my tea, rather than «in my teeth», which works better for a dope reference. 

If it is a reference to drugs, then my theory would still be similar. She's kissing him, aka getting to know him, and now she's aware of his weaknesses (perhaps drugs) and now she's doubtful whether to tell him she's done with that kind of life. 

One of the things that I like the most about this song is that it's so... 'whatever'... in the sense that she doesn't say anything concrete. She's just doubting, thinking and deciding.

Really interesting how the poems "Sugarfish" and "ringtone" reference Cinnamon Girl, so they seem to be about the same guy!

In Sugarfish, we got this paragraph:

sugar sugar in my teeth

from your kiss you texting me

from the movie theater seat

Dodger Stadium Slurpee "

mirroring the "Cinnamon in my teeth, from your kiss" line.

And then, in ringtone, we have:

Don’t make me be resilient

i so want to be soft

if u let me be myself

u will be the first one who ever did.

A 1 to 1 reference to "Be the first who ever did"

image.png

cinnamon girl just hits different. everytime I listen to this song I´m overwhelmed by the instrumentals and her voice, but then the lyrics OH MY GOD

"If you hold me without hurting me you'd be the first who ever did" it totally gets me every time, a masterpiece IMO

On 9/28/2020 at 10:40 AM, Dominikx4 said:

Really interesting how the poems "Sugarfish" and "ringtone" reference Cinnamon Girl, so they seem to be about the same guy!

In Sugarfish, we got this paragraph:

sugar sugar in my teeth

from your kiss you texting me

from the movie theater seat

Dodger Stadium Slurpee "

mirroring the "Cinnamon in my teeth, from your kiss" line.

And then, in ringtone, we have:

Don’t make me be resilient

i so want to be soft

if u let me be myself

u will be the first one who ever did.

A 1 to 1 reference to "Be the first who ever did"

imagine if they were demo lyrics :crying4:

On 11/28/2021 at 8:29 PM, Gravitate said:

I'll never forget listening to those little snippets over and over back when the song was just called Cinnamon. Missing NFR era rn :crying4:

i scrobbled a fan finished edit of the snippets on loop for weeks :crying4:

27 minutes ago, bewhitehotforever said:

tbh i fell in love with cinnamon girl from the snippets and where someone put the song together on youtube - it was on repeat like 24/7 now i barely play the song:deadbanana:

same, it sounded so good too somehow

Happy as the moonshine