Say Yes to Heaven

Cinnamon Girl

i had no idea this song was originally just "cinnamon" but as a 💖neil young stan💖 i think its title is perfect!! the song's about a push and pull dynamic - her high high neglectful lover pushes her away, lana tries to find a way back in. at the same time, lana emotionally distances herself from him in an effort to keep the peace, cuz she just wants to be held without being hurt :oprah3: the lyrics and meaning of neil young's song are rly intentionally vague - u don't even know if the "cinnamon girl" he sings abt is real or... anything abt her at all lol but at the v least, she's idealised ("i could be happy the rest of my life w a cinnamon girl"). this air of distance and dreaminess and unreality is what lana evokes w her song + by not talking abt the things u wanna talk abt and just letting the guy live, she's being v neil young's cinnamon girl cool girl monologue etc :oprah3: "cinnamon girl" could also be abt an experience during her redhead born to die days lol

mUENGN9.png