Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It [Sylvia]

‘that narcissist’ could literally mean anyone in Hollywood. or on the planet. short of calling her by name, there’s really few other ways to identify her blatantly in the span of a short lyric. we all know she wants to be slightly cuntroversial here. there’s added weight and effect in the way it’s written

the lyrics are gorgeous. random musings (and abstractions) throughout her days of writing it and there’s nothing wrong with that. no story to search for but there’s not always a need for one either

ZRBNill.jpg

‘that narcissist’ could literally mean anyone in Hollywood. or on the planet. short of calling her by name, there’s really few other ways to identify her blatantly in the span of a short lyric. we all know she wants to be slightly cuntroversial here. there’s added weight and effect in the way it’s written

could've said "mad narcissist" or sth... :um3: "wack" maybe? i mean she could have said "washed up bitch" instead of "black narcissist" and i'm sure everyone would have gotten the message. she's the only woman lana's had beef with recently

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

could've said "mad narcissist" or sth... :um3: "wack" maybe? i mean she could have said "washed up bitch" instead of "black narcissist" and i'm sure everyone would have gotten the message. she's the only woman lana's had beef with recently

but it's not about AB

personification

/pəˌsɒnɪfɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/

noun

noun: personification; plural noun: personifications

the attribution of a personal nature or human characteristics to something non-human, or the representation of an abstract quality in human form.

"the book provides a sustained account of how literary personification works"

but it's not about AB

I could make one sad ass last ditch attempt to excuse it by theorizing she could be using "black" in the same way she did in Black Beauty, and connecting it to the "out of the black" line from Get Free, but like...does that really sound solid to you? It would mean she's referring to herself in some way, like the dark side of herself she's struggling with, but then why say narcissist? She's been called, and known to be, depressive, melodramatic, self-destructive, unstable, obsessive, reckless, irresponsible, a sociopath (which she even uses in this song). But not narcissistic. So what's the tea here? It can't be that.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I could make one sad ass last ditch attempt to excuse it by theorizing she could be using "black" in the same way she did in Black Beauty, and connecting it to the "out of the black" line from Get Free, but like...does that really sound solid to you? It would mean she's referring to herself in some way, like the dark side of herself she's struggling with, but then why say narcissist? She's been called, and known to be, depressive, melodramatic, self-destructive, unstable, obsessive, reckless, irresponsible, a sociopath (which she even uses in this song). But not narcissistic. So what's the tea here? It can't be that.

sis its REALLY not that deep

the holy father, the holy son and the holy spirit

Holy trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from Latin: trinus "threefold") which makes sense in the God context

Lmao now I feel stupid, thanks for the clarification, guys. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

How would shaking her ass get Azealia off her back

LxbrbC1.gif

Rlly tho how tf would it make any sense that she’s referring to Azealia. Literally everyone who’s like “this is racist shade at azealia” is 1. braindead and 2. fake woke

qfrWuBl.png

umm it’s possible to record new lyrics isn’t it ?

like i feel it’s a farther reach to suggest that this isn’t somehow about azealia. regardless, it will be interpreted as such lmao

referring to your darker self as a ‘black narcissist’ is a flimsy (and retarded) allusion. especially in conjunction with the preceding line

ZRBNill.jpg