Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It [Sylvia]

So weird, some of yall just seem to WANT it to be about Azealia/Kanye. Like do y’all want Lana to be slammed on Twitter and the media?

Her managers might be dumb, but they’re not stupid. They would never allow Lana to release a song that referred to someone as black referencing their skin tone, especially not in 2019. If she was going to shade Azealia or Kanye then it woulld be done tastefully, at least.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

So weird, some of yall just seem to WANT it to be about Azealia/Kanye. Like do y’all want Lana to be slammed on Twitter and the media?

Her managers might be dumb, but they’re not stupid. They would never allow Lana to release a song that referred to someone as black referencing their skin tone, especially not in 2019. If she was going to shade Azealia or Kanye then it woulld be done tastefully, at least.

This feel like Honeymoon era when the gays gassed up Azealia saying Art Deco was about her because she said rapper's delight 

9u1D.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

This feel like Honeymoon era when the gays gassed up Azealia saying Art Deco was about her because she said rapper's delight 

9u1D.gif

Literally!! And the “ghetto” line. And that was when there was no evidence of them not being friends anymore.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

not all art has to be tasteful. especially when the situation doesn't call for taste 

i don't 'WANT' it to be about azealia or kanye. but its a pretty substantial reach to suggest otherwise. referring to your inner shadow as 'THAT black narcissist' is beyond ridiculous - in a poetic and semantic sense. there's very little logic to that interpretation  

and its not at all similar to art deco. this situation isn't vague. and it isn't out of context, considering how the lyrics (and themes) tend to meander. it reads as more of a stream of consciousness, and its likely that azealia was in her mind. it isn't 'beneath' her if azealia were honestly in her thoughts during the process. to edit her out just because she's 'lana del rey' would be pretentious and inauthentic 

ZRBNill.jpg

even if it were about AB, since when is calling a black person a narcissist racist

its not. which is likely why it was deemed as simple artistic license by her management. stretching it, perhaps, but within the realms nonetheless 

the fact that it was preceded by 'shaking my ass' is pretty significant -- there's no denying that, is there? she knew where our minds would go and she left it there for a reason 

ZRBNill.jpg

if it was about azealia it would’ve been pretty racist tbh, but it literally isnt

why racist? drawing or referencing stereotypes isn't racist. her narcissism has nothing to do with being black -- its a simple signifier

ZRBNill.jpg

why racist? drawing or referencing stereotypes isn't racist. her narcissism has nothing to do with being black -- its a simple signifier. the 'shaking my ass' line is cutting it kind of close however, i will admit

the way she says “black narcissist” and specifically stating that she’s black gives racist vibes, but again, it literally isnt about AB, the line wasn’t racist, people are Reaching untill their arms rip off

qfrWuBl.png

You guys please stop saying you think "black narcissist" is referring to an actual person, you're making me think you're serious and it's making me weep for the future of this world. It's really not cute.

... can you remind me what you think it means again ... ?

the way she says “black narcissist” and specifically stating that she’s black gives racist vibes, but again, it literally isnt about AB, the line wasn’t racist, people are Reaching untill their arms rip off

you’re choosing idealism over realism. both have their place in music but one doesn’t exist without the other. in my opinion, these lyrics call for (and reference) a real situation, with real people. it doesn’t seem to call for an abstract interpretation. of course, none of us can know with total certainty. so to say with emphasis and authority that it ‘isnt’ about azealia is sort of inappropriate without any receipts

ZRBNill.jpg

oh wow.... what a beautiful song....

it tears you in. and you wanna know what she will sind about in the next verse. the production is beautiful. it's simple and sad.

can you please stop talkin about that AB topic and enjoy this beautiful work?

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg