Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It [Sylvia]

... can you remind me what you think it means again ... ?

you’re choosing idealism over realism. both have their place in music but one doesn’t exist without the other. in my opinion, these lyrics call for (and reference) a real situation, with real people. it doesn’t seem to call for an abstract interpretation. of course, none of us can know with total certainty. so to say with emphasis and authority that it ‘isnt’ about azealia is sort of inappropriate without any receipts

True though, G. Eazy is actually a killer, Harvey Weinstein was in the sky holding diamonds in a hot air balloon, she was asking her own Dad if she could put on a show for him, her line "out of the black and into the blue" is about stopping pegging her black boyfriend and instead fucking her new Blue Man group husband, and she wears actual roses instead of underwear

True though, G. Eazy is actually a killer, Harvey Weinstein was in the sky holding diamonds in a hot air balloon, she was asking her own Dad if she could put on a show for him, her line "out of the black and into the blue" is about stopping pegging her black boyfriend and instead fucking her new Blue Man group husband, and she wears actual roses instead of underwear

no, i’m serious — what does the lyric mean to you? I think once you attempt to write it out yourself you’ll start to feel the fractures in logic

she allowed to be literal lmao. maybe the issue is that you’re unable to distinguish what should (or shouldn’t) be taken as such

ZRBNill.jpg

The reality is that this song gets better and better each time i listen to it, the lyrics are simply gorgeous and make the song for me. Lana has always has deep meanings in her song and she wouldn't risk such a personal song only to diss AB and even if she wanted to her managers aint stupid enough to let her do it, the twitter drama was fun but its over now.

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

umm it’s possible to record new lyrics isn’t it ?

like i feel it’s a farther reach to suggest that this isn’t somehow about azealia. regardless, it will be interpreted as such lmao

referring to your darker self as a ‘black narcissist’ is a flimsy (and retarded) allusion. especially in conjunction with the preceding line

MTE. When I first heard the line, I immediately thought of Kanye or Azealia. It being about the Azealia feud definitely makes sense. Though I don’t think this necessarily means that Lana harbors racist thoughts. There’s technically nothing wrong with calling a person white/black but Azealia obviously meant it in a derogatory way when she was harassing Lana on Twitter. It sounds like I’m blindly defending Lana at this point but it just seems like she’s just referring to Azealia as a black narcissist for the sake of messing with her the same way she messed with Lana rather than using it as an outright racial slur.

Plus, given Lana’s history and distaste for narcissists, I don’t think it’s a word she’d exactly use to describe herself. If she is talking about herself, that makes the whole “she couldn’t care less and I couldn’t care more” line 10x cringier than if it was about someone else.

no, i’m serious — what does the lyric mean to you? I think once you attempt to write it out yourself you’ll start to feel the fractures in logic

she allowed to be literal lmao. maybe the issue is that you’re unable to distinguish what should (or shouldn’t) be taken as such

Crippling self-doubt and self-hatred. Pretending to be ok ("shaking my ass") to shake off that inner voice that demeans you and says you can't, and feeds on your perceived failures. Your self-loathing doesn't care about the damage it does, and you care too much but the degree is equal so they cancel each other out almost. The black color imagery contrasts the white yachts and pink dresses of the girls who don't have this "black narcissist" hovering above them.

Why do you think it's so literal to be about Azealia though? If you're asking for "receipts" of why it isn't, are you able to provide an example of when Lana shook her ass and Azealia decided Lana was ok again/ she wasn't gonna go burn down Lana's house? This is just like Art Deco when someone tried to tell me that art deco style is black and gold, and is supposed to be Azealia wearing a gold dress.

... can you remind me what you think it means again ... ?

you’re choosing idealism over realism. both have their place in music but one doesn’t exist without the other. in my opinion, these lyrics call for (and reference) a real situation, with real people. it doesn’t seem to call for an abstract interpretation. of course, none of us can know with total certainty. so to say with emphasis and authority that it ‘isnt’ about azealia is sort of inappropriate without any receipts

saying it isnt about azealia is just using your brain

qfrWuBl.png

Crippling self-doubt and self-hatred. Pretending to be ok ("shaking my ass") to shake off that inner voice that demeans you and says you can't, and feeds on your perceived failures. Your self-loathing doesn't care about the damage it does, and you care too much but the degree is equal so they cancel each other out almost. The black color imagery contrasts the white yachts and pink dresses of the girls who don't have this "black narcissist" hovering above them.

Why do you think it's so literal to be about Azealia though? If you're asking for "receipts" of why it isn't, are you able to provide an example of when Lana shook her ass and Azealia decided Lana was ok again/ she wasn't gonna go burn down Lana's house? This is just like Art Deco when someone tried to tell me that art deco style is black and gold, and is supposed to be Azealia wearing a gold dress.

what you described is basically just depression and self destructive ruminations. none of that even remotely describes clinical narcissism though they might have basic (or tangential) elements of psychiatric or pathologic overlap. grab a DSM-V boo

and regarding the contrast with the pink dresses? ... umm you’re welcome to think that, but don’t for a moment believe that everyone else needs to be drawing that conclusion lmao

again, it’s referencing a real situation involving real (and genuinely narcissistic) people. must i really write more? i can a bit later if you’d like

saying it isnt about azealia is just using your brain

oh. ok

ZRBNill.jpg

what you described is basically just depression and self destructive ruminations. none of that even remotely describes clinical narcissism though they might have basic (or tangential) elements of psychiatric or pathologic overlap. grab a DSM-V boo

and regarding the contrast with the pink dresses? ... umm you’re welcome to think that, but don’t for a moment believe that everyone else needs to be drawing that conclusion lmao

again, it’s referencing a real situation involving real (and genuinely narcissistic) people. must i really write more? i can a bit later if you’d like

oh. ok

Honey, I assume that you, as I am, probably are working/studying human health. Well, I am a psychologist and I can tell you that the DSM-V is pretty criticable, so yeah, don't use it if you don't know how it works. Btw, it's used as a tool, not as an exam. If you only using the DSM to give a diagnosis to someone, you're using it in the wrong way, and I do feel sorry for your patients bc you're looking at them as a lot of symptons, not as a individual who is suffering on its own way.

Yeah, that's why I wasn't going to answer your baiting question but I guess you got me so pat yourself on the back. 

Who said anything about clinical narcissism? LOL you bringing up the DSM like that is laughable, and if you actually understood the words you used you should know how problematic that manual is. Did you hear this from a podcast or read 2 case stories or sth

Yeah, that's why I wasn't going to answer your baiting question but I guess you got me so pat yourself on the back. 

Who said anything about clinical narcissism? LOL you bringing up the DSM like that is laughable, and if you actually understood the words you used you should know how problematic that manual is. Did you hear this from a podcast or read 2 case stories or sth

this manual is fucked up. It's used to make people buy psychiatric medicines. If you read it, you'll diagnose yourself with 324823904802 differents pathologies 

this manual is fucked up. It's used to make people buy psychiatric medicines. If you read it, you'll diagnose yourself with 324823904802 differents pathologies 

Its history of use for stigmatizing others (women by way of Hysteria and Borderline diagnoses, LGBT individuals by way of listing homosexuality as a sexual deviance, and even the current idea of Gender Dysphoria) can't be ignored. I've been studying Psychology since 2001 and have two degrees in it, no LB user is gonna try to school me by bringing up the DSM of all things haha

ETA: anyway, back to the song, anyone holding out for the official release or has everyone else but me heard it by now lol