Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It [Sylvia]

I think that it's like how she perceives her life right now. She knows what she lived,  what she is living right now and how it would be easier to live. It seems like she's just writing about how she perceives everything that has structured her and how she's being structured right now

I see. Thanks for sharing! I think we're all very used to Lana's songs following a certain narrative where it's easy to put the pieces together to know the story. I like that she's challenging us a bit and being more abstract.

I see. Thanks for sharing! I think we're all very used to Lana's songs following a certain narrative where it's easy to put the pieces together to know the story. I like that she's challenging us a bit and being more abstract.

exactly! We know Lana as a storyteller, but I think that now she's more of a poet. I mean, Lana always used poetry in her songs, but now it seems like she is not using only the poetic references, she's thinking like a poet

"She couldn't care less and i never cared more so there's no more to say about that."

do you read "i never cared more" as:

a) she cares just as little as "she", meaning not a bit

b) she never cared as much as she does now, meaning, she cares a lot

i'm not a native speaker and at first listen i understood it like B. But then i realised she probably meant it like A, right?

:illumilana2:  :pray2:  :lanahottie:  :suicide:  :lanahairflip4:

"She couldn't care less and i never cared more so there's no more to say about that."

i'm not a native speaker and at first listen i understood it like B. But then i realised she probably meant it like A, right?

now you've got me!

Probably the second option since the black narcisist is depression and it "couldn't care less" about her vicious habits whereas Lana, now in a "happier" place in her life, is worried about what depression might do to her, thus she never cared this much about her well being before.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Hm, I wonder if she wrote “don’t ask if I’m happy - you know that I’m not” because all the journalists kept asking her in every single interview if she was happy when they saw her smiling on the LFL cover art.

That's exactly what she means. And that's exactly the reason why she is smiling now too on the single cover!

I’m the biggest hater of Change in this place, and I’m super disappointed about the single cover, but I listened to the song and it’s beautiful. Jack Antonoff (is that well written? Idc) has helped Lana on her journey of laziness, but this raw production in HIADT is BEAUTIFUL. The raw vocals are filled with emotion and THAT’S. EXACTLY. WHAT. WAS. MISSING. ON. CHANGE. Beautiful, beautiful song, heartwarming vocals, nonsensical lyrics tho. Gave me the hope I needed for NFL tbh

Hm, I wonder if she wrote “don’t ask if I’m happy - you know that I’m not” because all the journalists kept asking her in every single interview if she was happy when they saw her smiling on the LFL cover art.

this lowkey makes the single cover a serve

qfrWuBl.png

The lyrics are good, I'll give her that, but I just can't even concentrate on them because of the bland non-existing and uninteresting production  :defeated:

Was hoping she said Black Narcissus because it would've been a cool film reference but there's no ignoring that hard T. And it has to be about either Azealia or Kanye....Lana, girl....please.

I know we'd all rather hear "Narcissus" but you gotta be deaf not to hear that fucking T. It's a breathtakingly beautiful song, with powerful lyrics, but girl miss me with that "black narcissist" shit. To be clear, I was & am 100% on her side when it comes to Azalea, who definitely comes off as a narcissist. But why bring race into it? Cause you can miss me with the "yeah well she *is* black" bs too. Let's not play dumb. I know we all love her here, and when someone you love says or does stupid shit, it's easier to just turn a blind eye. Ignore it, excuse it, invalidate it, because acknowledging and condemning it is uncomfortable, but.....let's not play dumb. 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I know we'd all rather hear "Narcissus" but you gotta be deaf not to hear that fucking T. It's a breathtakingly beautiful song, with powerful lyrics, but girl miss me with that "black narcissist" shit. To be clear, I was & am 100% on her side when it comes to Azalea, who definitely comes off as a narcissist. But why bring race into it? Cause you can miss me with the "yeah well she *is* black" bs too. Let's not play dumb. I know we all love her here, and when someone you love says or does stupid shit, it's easier to just turn a blind eye. Ignore it, excuse it, invalidate it, because acknowledging and condemning it is uncomfortable, but.....let's not play dumb. 

ImBFaui.png