Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It [Sylvia]

Its history of use for stigmatizing others (women by way of Hysteria and Borderline diagnoses, LGBT individuals by way of listing homosexuality as a sexual deviance, and even the current idea of Gender Dysphoria) can't be ignored. I've been studying Psychology since 2001 and have two degrees in it, no LB user is gonna try to school me by bringing up the DSM of all things haha

exactly lol

Its history of use for stigmatizing others (women by way of Hysteria and Borderline diagnoses, LGBT individuals by way of listing homosexuality as a sexual deviance, and even the current idea of Gender Dysphoria) can't be ignored. I've been studying Psychology since 2001 and have two degrees in it, no LB user is gonna try to school me by bringing up the DSM of all things haha

ETA: anyway, back to the song, anyone holding out for the official release or has everyone else but me heard it by now lol

We love our LB psychologists queens  :heart:

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I'm about to go off but I just woke up and listened to the song and jesus, I am quite literally speechless. 

I'm sorry how did Lana go from fucking White Mustang to THIS in the space of just over a year? 

These lyrics are absolutely insane, I always knew she was capable of writing like this but now that it's happened I'm just...dead. 

And the album cover -- she clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore. In the best way. Everyone was banging on about quitting the LQ single covers but clearly this is the new agenda. Lana is evidently in total control of her image and output and is just trying to make the best art she can. And honestly I'm glad because this song will go down as one of her best of all time.

anyway.... i'm just dead 

tenor.gif?itemid=4665866

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

I'm about to go off but I just woke up and listened to the song and jesus, I am quite literally speechless.

I'm sorry how did Lana go from fucking White Mustang to THIS in the space of just over a year?

These lyrics are absolutely insane, I always knew she was capable of writing like this but now that it's happened I'm just...dead.

And the album cover -- she clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore. In the best way. Everyone was banging on about quitting the LQ single covers but clearly this is the new agenda. Lana is evidently in total control of her image and output and is just trying to make the best art she can. And honestly I'm glad because this song will go down as one of her best of all time.

anyway.... i'm just dead

tenor.gif?itemid=4665866

says the one named SylviaPlath

Ok actually, this wasn’t hate and I need to read before making jokes

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

anyway.... i'm just dead 

tenor.gif?itemid=4665866

Agreed  :defeated:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

says the one named SylviaPlath

Ok actually, this wasn’t hate and I need to read before making jokes

kskskksks yes i am a big sylvia stan which i guess creates some bias towards my love for this song, but even then it's still some of her best work. at least lyrically

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

I wish this song had drums and strings so much someone PLEASE make an edit

I hear "dropping the keys on my nights off"

i hear dropping the keys, and my nights off

Like he didn’t realize he did and now she’s free to have a good time

lyrics are really lush and descriptive, single cover is...tenor.gif 

At least she has some make up on is all I'm gonna say, It's a cute song but it doesn't really excite me or anything to indicate it being single worthy. She really needs to change up her vocal delivery I'm getting bored

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

When will people realize the scandal y’all are wanting will only negatively impact Lana and this era.

I'm going to say it; some of the gays here want to see Lana cry, which is disgusting. Same people who thought her best work was when she was depressed and with Barrie. They don't care about her, they care about what they think is good music AKA Lana being in a dark place. It's truly disgusting

tenor.gif?itemid=5491910

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif