Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Hope is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It [Sylvia]

hauntingly beautiful, real & deep...

her inner dialogue & poetry woven in the song make it superior and help me feel less alone, 

Lana is a trailblazer, & I hope she never stops,

I hope she does not listen to any possible critics...

because what she is doing is historical & impactful... she helps me so much 

it says jack and lana wrote the song on genius

Yes they mean the music as usual. Lana and her producers said multiple times she writes the words alone, then she co-writes the music with whoever she's working on.

At first I was so unimpressed by the song, like its beautiful yeah but nothing special and its not going to be one I listen to very often. But then last night at 1 am I was led in bed listening to it and holy fuck was it beautiful :flutter:  I just shut my eyes, blocked everything else out and listened to the lyrics and understood it. When she said deeply introspective, thoughtful, sad girl shit she meant it huh

Also in context I don't think the single cover is that bad.............. it is bad but it kinda fits the song 

This is so pure and sincere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm..... speechless......... this is in my top favorites now, holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was Change impact on me, my dear God. Lana, have mercy of my soul T.T . If it goes in this rhythm, I'll go in a existencial crisis over deciding which Norman Fucking Rockwell will be my favorite song once it's released.  :krylie:  :krylie:  :krylie:  :krylie:  :krylie:  :krylie:  :krylie:  :krylie:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Omg you guise, I saved the song for my early-ass (5AM) drive this morning and it was HEAVEN in my car, like  :defeated:  it's painful/ unsettling to listen to but damn is it beautiful. I love how loud it is too, I felt like I was inside the fucking piano.

"Serving up god in a burnt coffee pot" Anyone else love this lyric?! It seems so trivial but it's one of my favorite lines in the song

Someone may have mentioned this already, but it makes me think of Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. In AA we joke about how members chain smoke cigarettes and drink bad/ burnt coffee. And the first few of the Twelve Steps involve admitting powerlessness over alcohol, and a belief that a higher power/ God can restore us. Also, we can choose to share our experiences ("spill my guts") with alcohol, and meetings frequently occur in church basements.

So I finally got done listening to it and y’all tell me why my first thought was that she was coming for Dua in the first verse :rip:

4971D38400000578-5418577-image-m-28_1519

43ADF3E900000578-0-image-m-84_1504015190

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Quick correction to the lyrics:

I had fifteen year dances,

Church basement romances,

Yeah, I’ve cried

Spilling my guts...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

She could easily have changed it to “Black cloud of mist” and it would have meant the same thing AND saved her from any sort of backlash

even "dark narcissist" would have worked smh

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Oof. Enjoyed it up until "black narcissist." Not okay, and even if she didn't mean it that way people are going to link it to her calling Kanye a narc on Instagram. Stupid, stupid lyric. I am disappointed in her. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

hey lyrics are so damn strong this era.... the choruses even change words... she has like so much to say...

remember the songs when she repeats one word the whole chorus?. looks like those times are over. she is evolving so much after LFL

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg