LOVE

Vinyl Collectors/Enthusiasts

Hello everyone

i’m a new collector of vinyls and I was wondering if you could help me make up my mind.

I am in two minds about buying UV deluxe version - the one with Florida kilos guns & roses and black beauty -  (which I found at the very competitive price of 30€) and Norman standard (34€).

I stan both uv and Norman although I tend to stan Norman a little bit more now that summer is approaching and I think I’ll enjoy it more.

That said, my questions are:

- how good is the listening experience in terms of pressing for both? Which is better?

- will the price of both shift heavily on the long run or will they approximately remain the same? 

I don’t want to splash out 60€ if I can buy one of them at a later time for the same price. Thank youuuuu looking forward to your replies and input. Xxx

22 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Hello everyone

i’m a new collector of vinyls and I was wondering if you could help me make up my mind.

I am in two minds about buying UV deluxe version - the one with Florida kilos guns & roses and black beauty -  (which I found at the very competitive price of 30€) and Norman standard (34€).

I stan both uv and Norman although I tend to stan Norman a little bit more now that summer is approaching and I think I’ll enjoy it more.

- how good is the listening experience in terms of pressing for both? Which is better?

- will the price of both shift heavily on the long run or will they approximately remain the same? 

I don’t want to splash out 60€ if I can buy one of them at a later time for the same price. Thank youuuuu looking forward to your replies and input. Xxx

Ultraviolence Deluxe is one of my Favorite pressings, Highly recommended!

:cryney2:

IMG-3521.jpg

59 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Hello everyone

I would also say Ultraviolence deluxe. Plus that seems like a good price for that verison. 

2 hours ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Hello everyone

i third UV deluxe :true:

Also I don’t know about y’all but my pressing of the Amazon vinyl is 💩 - the Jimmy part skips several times, the piano track on sweet sounds like it goes off key and Peppers kinda scratches . I have read quite a few reviews like that. Has any of y’all bought the Amazon exclusive and had similar issues? I had to literally fight Amazon for a refund which they gave me after 3 days of asking 

5 hours ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Also I don’t know about y’all but my pressing of the Amazon vinyl is 💩 - the Jimmy part skips several times, the piano track on sweet sounds like it goes off key and Peppers kinda scratches . I have read quite a few reviews like that. Has any of y’all bought the Amazon exclusive and had similar issues? I had to literally fight Amazon for a refund which they gave me after 3 days of asking 

I listened to mine once and thought it was fine

On 5/16/2023 at 5:00 AM, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

How heavy is the tracking force?

IMG-3521.jpg

On 5/16/2023 at 6:00 AM, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

what kind of turntable do you have? if you have one of those cheap suitcase style ones with the speakers inside, songs with heavy bass or abrupt volume changes will skip bc the speakers will cause the record to vibrate. also the stylus is too clunky and the tonearm is too free and tracks too heavy for the fine grooves of higher quality pressings so those will skip too. like idk if you ended up getting the uv deluxe but if you have one of those suitcase turntables, you'd be better off getting the standard bc the deluxe will skip. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

On 5/26/2023 at 2:42 PM, wilting daisy said:

what kind of turntable do you have? if you have one of those cheap suitcase style ones with the speakers inside, songs with heavy bass or abrupt volume changes will skip bc the speakers will cause the record to vibrate. also the stylus is too clunky and the tonearm is too free and tracks too heavy for the fine grooves of higher quality pressings so those will skip too. like idk if you ended up getting the uv deluxe but if you have one of those suitcase turntables, you'd be better off getting the standard bc the deluxe will skip. 

Hey sorry about the late reply - I have a House of Marley turntable , I paid 200 € . It’s not highest quality but it’s pretty decent for an entry level turntable. Unfortunately I couldn’t get the uv deluxe because it’s on Amazon Belgium and they don’t ship to Italy 😭

On 5/17/2023 at 10:19 PM, epitome said:

How heavy is the tracking force?

Hi sorry about the late reply. I had to work around that quite a bit actually as the manufacturer settings were off by a mile (they said 2.5 and 2.5 but it kept skipping) and after much Google searching and Reddit reading I found that many users who bought the house of Marley turntables had the same issues so I ended up with the needle arm balanced on 2.5 and tracking force around 1ish and it works better but still skips- I tried different kinds of combinations and that’s the best I could do. 

29 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Hi sorry about the late reply. I had to work around that quite a bit actually as the manufacturer settings were off by a mile (they said 2.5 and 2.5 but it kept skipping) and after much Google searching and Reddit reading I found that many users who bought the house of Marley turntables had the same issues so I ended up with the needle arm balanced on 2.5 and tracking force around 1ish and it works better but still skips- I tried different kinds of combinations and that’s the best I could do. 

I’m not familiar with that particular stylus, I’ve got an AT95e that I leave around 2.

I can’t say definitively, But I think it’s the bass in that song that’s causing the skip.

especially being at 1 “though I don’t know it’s specifications”

Whenever you get another turntable I think it should be fine.

As for the scratching, Have you wet cleaned the album?

A good option is the Spin Clean setup, Around $80 on Amazon - But will do a lot to preserve the quality of your records!

:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

10 hours ago, epitome said:

I’m not familiar with that particular stylus, I’ve got an AT95e that I leave around 2.

I can’t say definitively, But I think it’s the bass in that song that’s causing the skip.

especially being at 1 “though I don’t know it’s specifications”

Whenever you get another turntable I think it should be fine.

As for the scratching, Have you wet cleaned the album?

A good option is the Spin Clean setup, Around $80 on Amazon - But will do a lot to preserve the quality of your records!

:ma:

I’ll def have to try to wet clean it and see what happens . However many reviews on Amazon mentioned similar issues but I’ll try and let you know. Thanks :)

just wanted to share my record/cd collection + wishlist

records

lana del ray aka lizzy grant (cream pressing)

born to die uk pressing

paradise

ultraviolence

lust for life

cotcc target exclusive

blue banisters

ocean blvd target exclusive

ocean blvd amazon exclusive

back to black

electra heart

cds

honeymoon