LOVE

Vinyl Collectors/Enthusiasts

Yes, I'm french canadian lmao! I always thought she was a mess because I discovered her with Parle à ma main in duet with Fatal Bazooka (yikes), but when she released Complètement Fou, I fell in love with the video's aesthetic and her whole musical genre.

Eyyy allo!! I'm studying in Montréal rn! I'm going back to Paris in a month and I hate it, yall's country is so much better than mine haha. I think I discovered her with A Cause Des Garçons bc I was unfortunately kinda into tektonik at the time but I had really horrible music taste at the time and I didn't thought anything of pop... I should give her another chance! God this era was so weird, Gaga was just starting, Fatal Bazooka was everywhere, Raï music was charting so hard, and I was still blissfully innocent

ZKcaooE.png

Eyyy allo!! I'm studying in Montréal rn! I'm going back to Paris in a month and I hate it, yall's country is so much better than mine haha. I think I discovered her with A Cause Des Garçons bc I was unfortunately kinda into tektonik at the time but I had really horrible music taste at the time and I didn't thought anything of pop... I should give her another chance! God this era was so weird, Gaga was just starting, Fatal Bazooka was everywhere, Raï music was charting so hard, and I was still blissfully innocent

Salut! Well, the whole Québec province is really something special, I wouldn't see myself living anywhere else.  :flutter:

Tektonik was en era I'd clearly like to forget and I'm grateful I was a young hunty at the time so I wasn't as aware as I am now. Ici & Maintenant clearly is my favourite song of hers... but Dire Qu'On Va Tous Mourir hits somewhere deep inside.  :hdu:

I'm not really sure if I'll ever play the second LP of SDC, though. Besides the Madeon remix of Que Veux-Tu, I don't know any of them and I'm very picky with remixes in general. The whole concept reminds me a lot of Katy's OOTB that also has a second LP of remixes. Ironically, it features the Yelle remix of HNC.  :hooker:

i only have N1A/P2 by the girl from The Fault In Our Stars

I can't even frame the damn thing cause they're attached!!! and like if i frame one side i will not see the other!! if this aint homophobia i dont know what is

id like to have a few more but theyre quite pricey and i dont really feel like buying a ton bc i know i wont be listening to them

but theyre lovely!! if my parents dont shoot me on sight ill probably buy electra heart bc its liberated gays everywhere

and a single from MØ, still saving up for her deluxe LP. 

MØ has a deluxe LP?

Also I need the BTD picture disc, BJ and NA 7" singles and the VG Remix EP 12" to complete my Lana collection

i only have N1A/P2 - I can't even frame the damn thing cause they're attached!!!

Ugh! This, why weren't they in two separate sleeves?! Legit wouldn't have cost anymore and would've been much better practically and aesthetically.

MØ has a deluxe LP?

Also I need the BTD picture disc, BJ and NA 7" singles and the VG Remix EP 12" to complete my Lana collection

Ugh! This, why weren't they in two separate sleeves?! Legit wouldn't have cost anymore and would've been much better practically and aesthetically.

she was probably high when they asked her how she would have liked the sleeves and mumbled "charli... eh-eh-x-c-x" and then fainted

but now that i think about it you can lowkey open them and have them framed together? like if you get what i mean

If y'all are looking for some super cheap stuff, check out Universal Music's outlet store: https://greatofferstore.com/

Lots of vinyl records for just £ 10 or even less, including Born To Die and Ultraviolence and Lust For Life on coke-bottle clear vinyl for £ 15, as well as albums by Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Banks, Duffy, Tove Lo, Lorde, Florence and many more.

Edit: Just got Rated R and Pure Heroine. :flutter:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I know we've got so many different ways of listening to music nowadays, but I guess I just love the aesthetic and looking at the covers of the vinyls that I've gotten. Started collecting a couple of years ago. Got a lot of pop bc of my faves, some alt rock too. I still have some of the records my parents used to play and it's just great to kinda have. Long live jazz, soft rock and discooooooo 

To tie things back to Lana if anything, have all the vinyls from her official discography, except AKA and the LFL vinyls. I just didn't like the coke bottle aesthetic and idk if I'll change my mind on that anytime soon. The black vinyl, probably (Is it weird that I think of Cherry pie when I look at the cover and know the vinyl's black, random thought)..

I've currently got three vinyls on my want list, The Radio Dept.'s David vinyl, only sold in Japan. Lady Gaga's Joanne, pink vinyl (missed out gaaahhhh) and Mariah Carey's Memoirs Box set vinyl (was close to getting one for 60 bucks, but I just had to ask if everything with it, and the seller shot the price to like 300 whyyyyyyy)

UV/Honeymoon

If y'all are looking for some super cheap stuff, check out Universal Music's outlet store: https://greatofferstore.com/

Lots of vinyl records for just £ 10 or even less, including Born To Die and Ultraviolence and Lust For Life on coke-bottle clear vinyl for £ 15, as well as albums by Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Banks, Duffy, Tove Lo, Lorde, Florence and many more.

Wait what everything here is so cheap, surely there must be a catch  :defeated:  King @@SlowGinFizzzz thank you for posting this link, I'm gonna be so broke by the time I finish on this website but IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER :excited:

Also SGF when you got those vinyls, did they say it was temporarily out of stock but if you order now there will be more stock soon? Did they give you an estimate of when they would be back in stock?

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Wait what everything here is so cheap, surely there must be a catch  :defeated:  King @SlowGinFizzzz thank you for posting this link, I'm gonna be so broke by the time I finish on this website but IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER :excited:

Also SGF when you got those vinyls, did they say it was temporarily out of stock but if you order now there will be more stock soon? Did they give you an estimate of when they would be back in stock?

I only got the link from the PopJustice forums, somebody said that they've been ordering from there for years, so I don't think you have to worry about there being a catch.

And yeah, mine are "buy now, more stock coming soon" too. I don't know when they'll be sent out, but I hope it'll be within a week or two.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Literally 2 seconds after saying vinyls are stupid and a waste of money I have already bought Carrie and Lowell by Sufjan Stevens and ordered online his 10 years anniversary re issue of Illinois.

Also lowkey in Italy every 18 yo is given 500 € for “culture” and catch me use the fuck out of it

I already got my vinyls this week. Have yours arrived too? :) 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

omfg they got CDs and vinyl for 99cents! (albeit its underground EDM and Heavy Rock) but they also have Ellie Goulding/Lily Allen/Taylor Swift for $4-5 while Target and record stores sell their 7 years old albums for $14?! woo chile

Sloegin- thanks for the link. Yeah I mostly just collect Lana on Vinyl. Once the blue version of btd comes in next week I think I have everything she's put down including her vocals on albums by other artists. I'll throw up some pictures of my setup when I get them together. I listen to them pretty regularly. I have a handful of other records and try to pick up anything by Maya Von Doll too. From time to time I end up with some random record that I drunk ordered off the internet. I think the last one was a Denzel Curry picture disc- no clue why.

this is my current collection:

44uaH5F.jpg

things I'm missing/I wanna get:

• Sucker (Charli XCX) and True Romance
  • Soviet Kitsch (Regina Spektor), Live In London and possibly Far

that's kinda it I guess

I love vinyl!! It’s my favourite way to listen to music and I’m an obsessive collector. (Too obsessive). If I get too into a band or artist, I also become an annoying completist and my bank account hates that. The biggest parts of my collection are probably the 60s, 70s, and 2010s. I have a little bit of everything, lots of rock and pop throughout the decades. I’d say nothing special, but it is special to me. I’m not really an audiophile at all though. I get lots of used records in pretty rough shape. As long as they don’t loop, it’s good in my eyes. Generally vinyl collectors scoff at that perspective, but I just love records. I even don’t mind surface noise, often it adds character. I just love holding a nice big album and looking at all the fine details of the packaging and that feeling of flipping over the record and dropping the needle. And I’ll admit I’m one of those bitches who just love the “aesthetic” of it all, not the sound quality. Whatever. I listen to records all day long when I’m home. Although I have a bad habit of listening to the same few artists’ albums over and over while most of my albums spend a lot of time in their bins.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I'm really happy to have my three favourite Madonna albums on vinyl now! :party:

NaGr5aF.jpg

Now the ones I'd still like to get are American Life and Madame X, but the former hasn't been reissued yet and the original pressing is said to be mixed horribly, plus it would be the only one on black vinyl, so I'll wait until there's a better version available. And Madame X... I would get it in a heartbeat if they'd used the deluxe cover, but I really don't like the standard one, so yeah.

Edit: Why does the picture look like it was taken on a potato all of a sudden?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif