LOVE

Vinyl Collectors/Enthusiasts

omg yay!!! i'm excited to find this thread :) i definitely don't have a large or complete collection by any means, but i have some things that mean a lot to me. i also hate yall for showing me discogs bc i hadn't heard of it before i joined this site and since then it's drained my wallet

my favorite items would have to be (yall don't judge me for any of this please :toofunny:) my beastie records, i have a first pressing of licensed to ill with the "get off my dick 666" etching in the dead wax, and the rock hard single with herbie jr in the dead wax :') also my lana records, especially the signed lfl & the uo exclusive uv &hm, those covers :defeated: also a record store day exclusive of beat bop by rammellzee and k-rob, i'd love to own an og pressing one day but.. the cost... lmao. the instrumental version of ol' dirty bastard's debut is one of my absolute most dearest items, it has a little monologue/skit before the stomp that isn't on the actual album that not many people know about!! i got it on ebay but i just looked at it's release page on discogs and it says "This release has been blocked from sale in the marketplace. It is not permitted to sell this item on Discogs.", does anyone know why?? i've never seen that before . also my copies of rza and gza's pre fame, pre wu singles ooh i love you rakeem and come do me, by prince rakeem and the genius respectively  :toofunny:

non vinyl: my liquid swords tape with the lenticular cover (it came in the mail after i got home from the dentist all loopy and i was shook at the cover "moving" lmao), mariah's debut (tape) that i got for like $1, bloods & crips steady dippin' single (cd, it's missing the cover art so i'd like to get one that has it some day, and i'm thinking about asking miss c note to sign it because she follows me on twitter but i'm too afraid to talk to her :defeated:), odb's debut cd, my baby :') my rhythmalism cd, a decaying box of yo mtv raps trading cards

here's all my ~music stuff~ for the most part, i have some pictures on a wall by my bed that yall aren't seeing plus like 2 storage boxes worth of one direction memorabilia in my closet :rip: there's also some lana and guns n roses stuff in those boxes too, especially from concerts and stuff. also cardboard cut outs of zayn and louis lmao . excuse my ikea furniture but i'm kind of proud of how my room is coming together, it's finally starting to look a room that belongs to a 20 year old and not a 13 y/o with harry styles posters on the ceiling

3qzYU9d.jpg

kNi19dM.jpg

ot but since yall are seeing my room can u help me... i want to paint it i need color suggestions pls 

sorry this was long but i got excited

UbsOye5.png

here's all my ~music stuff~ for the most part, i have some pictures on a wall by my bed that yall aren't seeing plus like 2 storage boxes worth of one direction memorabilia in my closet :rip: there's also some lana and guns n roses stuff in those boxes too, especially from concerts and stuff. also cardboard cut outs of zayn and louis lmao . excuse my ikea furniture but i'm kind of proud of how my room is coming together, it's finally starting to look a room that belongs to a 20 year old and not a 13 y/o with harry styles posters on the ceiling

3qzYU9d.jpg

kNi19dM.jpg

ot but since yall are seeing my room can u help me... i want to paint it i need color suggestions pls 

sorry this was long but i got excited

shut your mouth your room is so cute! it's like the perfect amount for the size of the room (at least from what you're showing). btw where did you get that record table? i have a bad walmart shelf with all my music stuff on it and it's warping so fast lol but i'm too poor to have a nice looking wooden set up. ALSO i need good recommendations where to find posters online, do you happen to have any?

are you walls currently like a minty color? or light blue/green?

here's my messy shelf

7811103300c30135a566f14daccd81a1.jpg

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

shut your mouth your room is so cute! it's like the perfect amount for the size of the room (at least from what you're showing). btw where did you get that record table? i have a bad walmart shelf with all my music stuff on it and it's warping so fast lol but i'm too poor to have a nice looking wooden set up. ALSO i need good recommendations where to find posters online, do you happen to have any?

are you walls currently like a minty color? or light blue/green?

here's my messy shelf

7811103300c30135a566f14daccd81a1.jpg

thank you!! i got the table as a gift from my grandparents while it was on sale, i wouldn’t have been able to afford it either :toofunny: here is the link anyways tho, maybe they’ll take more off the price again (beware the reviews tho, i’m lucky mine was nice) https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/modern-boho-media-stand?color=020&size=0000 before that though it was just on an ikea dresser, which tbh, was incredibly sturdy considering the amount of stuff i piled on it over the years :rip: idk about posters though sorry :( i mean... i guess ebay? all my posters are from random places tho, so i can’t really recommend anything in particular. the silhouette tho is actually the artwork from dj quik’s safe + sound cd and i wanted a fancy litho of it sooooooooooooooo badly, but they don’t exist so i made my own, it’s just watercolor :creep: so that’s also an option. sorry i’m not much help :defeated: and my room used to be a sea foam green from when i was little but it’s faded into a light green/blue now and i’m getting kind of tired of looking at it :/

Okay where are those three Harry Styles prints/posters from? The way you put them up next to the concert poster looks really nice, I love it!

thank you!! they’re actually prints that came with the deluxe version of his vinyl. i always use inserts from vinyls as free posters :toofunny:

UbsOye5.png

in the span of 3 days I received this beauties:

1. Lungs 10th anniversary
  2. CMBYN OST
  3. Love Yourself EP 

edit: I also bought the Dear Evan Hensen OST but I don't know when its gonna ship cause warner is apparently moving warehouse? lmao

IMG_4667.JPG

IMG_4661.JPG

IMG_4660.JPG

AD14437A-5F11-4B40-8551-5B4D4E135992.JPG

A4F43090-299F-4A26-BC67-40FB29E8A891.JPG

thank you!! i got the table as a gift from my grandparents while it was on sale, i wouldn’t have been able to afford it either :toofunny: here is the link anyways tho, maybe they’ll take more off the price again (beware the reviews tho, i’m lucky mine was nice) https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/modern-boho-media-stand?color=020&size=0000 before that though it was just on an ikea dresser, which tbh, was incredibly sturdy considering the amount of stuff i piled on it over the years :rip: idk about posters though sorry :( i mean... i guess ebay? all my posters are from random places tho, so i can’t really recommend anything in particular. the silhouette tho is actually the artwork from dj quik’s safe + sound cd and i wanted a fancy litho of it sooooooooooooooo badly, but they don’t exist so i made my own, it’s just watercolor :creep: so that’s also an option. sorry i’m not much help :defeated: and my room used to be a sea foam green from when i was little but it’s faded into a light green/blue now and i’m getting kind of tired of looking at it :/

thank you!! they’re actually prints that came with the deluxe version of his vinyl. i always use inserts from vinyls as free posters :toofunny:

thank you! now that i have the link for the shelf it's tempting but yah it's deffo too expensive so i'm not surprised it's from urban

what about like a vintage 70s warm gold/orange type of color, not necessarily too pigmented but the vibe of it, could even just be one wall of it with the rest  being a lighter tone? i was thinking of all the brass coloring/white/pinks you have in there already

Ok so I have like no space for any more records. I stopped having space like 7 records ago and I just keep packing them in and I hate it. It’s been worrying me so much, especially with three copies of NFR on the way and no room anywhere. So today I decided I had to fix this somehow and make more room. The obvious answer would be to donate/sell some records, but the vinyl hoarder I am wouldn’t do that. So I took out an old ratty ottoman I used to use for records when I didn’t have many and put it alone by my bookcase and decided I’d put all my Joni Mitchell, Stevie Nicks, and Lana Del Rey records in there separate from everything else. The ottoman is in really rough shape which is a letdown but I’m really excited because I always get excited reorganizing anything. Now I don’t have to worry about finding room when my copies of NFR arrive. I also have more room in my other bins, so I can start hitting up thrift stores again for more records. Here are some pictures of my special Joni/Stevie/Lana bin now.

5532D187-5133-49D3-9E54-C26CA4AF75AB.jpg

001C2ACD-EDE4-4F63-9A0E-BC761504420F.jpg

6CC81863-7AC0-48B8-BD05-E988D50DEAF6.jpg

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

OMG glad that I found this thread  :fabcat:

I don't have a lot of vinyl records (since I mostly buy CDs) 

Regarding Lana I have BTD 2xLP deluxe and LFL  :smokes:  and soon NFR hoepfully a cool edition

I have obviously stuff from other artists but I don't have a pic of everything and I don't feel like anyone would care if I make a list.

OMG glad that I found this thread :fabcat:

I don't have a lot of vinyl records (since I mostly buy CDs)

Regarding Lana I have BTD 2xLP deluxe and LFL :smokes: and soon NFR hoepfully a cool edition

I have obviously stuff from other artists but I don't have a pic of everything and I don't feel like anyone would care if I make a list.

You should try to take a pic of your collection and add your list. I love seeing what everyone else’s collections are like.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

thank you! now that i have the link for the shelf it's tempting but yah it's deffo too expensive so i'm not surprised it's from urban

what about like a vintage 70s warm gold/orange type of color, not necessarily too pigmented but the vibe of it, could even just be one wall of it with the rest  being a lighter tone? i was thinking of all the brass coloring/white/pinks you have in there already

our minds omg... i was thinking of doing an accent wall!! my first color choice was like a sunny, happy yellow (but VERY light/pastel) but i'm having trouble finding any paint swatches that i like :/ i was also thinking about maybe a pastel peach or pink too

my collection :creep: 

EB4AWZAXUAAx6kX.jpg

EB4AWZUWkAAX8N3.jpg

EB4AWY4WsAUj-M1.jpg

EB4FgzrWwAA4-o8.jpg

these pics are soooooo cute :deadbanana: and your little kitty!!! my heart omg. i cant let my cat near my records bc she likes to chew on the corners lol. that's also why they're not stored on the floor anymore :rip:

UbsOye5.png

https://imgur.com/a/zULxnb0

Spent the afternoon starting to hang the Lana Vinyl on the wall. 

Wow, that is an impressively thorough collection! I'm so jealous of your 12" Blue Jeans picture disc, I've been after a copy for ages  :defeated: 

May I ask what are the last two 7" vinyls at the right end of the row on the top of your sofa? I don't think I've seen those before.

our minds omg... i was thinking of doing an accent wall!! my first color choice was like a sunny, happy yellow (but VERY light/pastel) but i'm having trouble finding any paint swatches that i like :/ i was also thinking about maybe a pastel peach or pink too

cute yes let's do it

what about like a marigold color? i always think of that as a perfect warm sunny color

these pics are soooooo cute :deadbanana: and your little kitty!!! my heart omg. i cant let my cat near my records bc she likes to chew on the corners lol. that's also why they're not stored on the floor anymore :rip:

can you believe my little kitty is more than one year old but she doesn't get old she will stay so small forever  :defeated: she doesn't chew stuff, yes she's so annoying but when it comes to chewing she doesn't thank god haha

:smile3: