LOVE

Vinyl Collectors/Enthusiasts

It would! That ones actually on my list of holiday records to acquire in the future.

Whew, taste! I'm sorta biased because I've been a fan since I was ten, but her version of Last Christmas is  b r i l l i a n t !

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I recently started collecting vinyls when I found N.1 Angel / Pop 2 on sale (35 $CAD and they gave me the Beach House vinyl for free) and then I decided to buy myself a turntable.

This is my collection as of 05/02/20

sbOyaHN.jpg

Tame Impala - Currents

Grimes - Visions

Ariane Moffatt - Petites Mains Précieuses

Madonna - Madonna

Robyn - Honey

Grimes - Art Angels

Beach House - B-Sides & Rarities

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Grease Soundtrack

Madonna - True Blue

N.1. Angel / Pop 2 - Charli XCX

Madonna - True Blue Single

Billy Idol - Billy Idol

Sathurday Night Fever Soundtrack

Olivia Newton John - Physical

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I recently started collecting vinyls when I found N.1 Angel / Pop 2 on sale (35 $CAD and they gave me the Beach House vinyl for free) and then I decided to buy myself a turntable.

This is my collection as of 05/02/20

sbOyaHN.jpg

Tame Impala - Currents

Grimes - Visions

Ariane Moffatt - Petites Mains Précieuses

Madonna - Madonna

Robyn - Honey

Grimes - Art Angels

Beach House - B-Sides & Rarities

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Grease Soundtrack

Madonna - True Blue

N.1. Angel / Pop 2 - Charli XCX

Madonna - True Blue Single

Billy Idol - Billy Idol

Sathurday Night Fever Soundtrack

Olivia Newton John - Physical

OMG WHO ARE YOU! T A S T E !

This song is my jam:

Ok so I bought the Record Store Day picture disc edition of Seventeen Seconds by The Cure and I'm wondering, do you think I should keep it in its packaging? Like do you think it could be worth A LOT of money in a few years since its a RSD exclusive or should I open it (It's literally one of my favorite record, but if I can get a few hundreds out of it I might keep it mint)?

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

41 minutes ago, True Bromance said:

Ok so I bought the Record Store Day picture disc edition of Seventeen Seconds by The Cure and I'm wondering, do you think I should keep it in its packaging? Like do you think it could be worth A LOT of money in a few years since its a RSD exclusive or should I open it (It's literally one of my favorite record, but if I can get a few hundreds out of it I might keep it mint)?

So firstly, by packaging, do you mean it's sealed shut? My answer is assuming that's what you're talking about.

There's no guarantees in life, but The Cure are a very collectable band, and their rare records tend to grow in value. It's up to you - how much enjoyment will you have knowing you have a closed copy that you can't look at, versus having one you can open up and look through? These days there's probably going to be an unboxing video for it on Youtube anyway, so you can sort of have the experience of opening it without opening it, if you know what I mean.

One bit of advice, sometimes sealed records are sealed slightly too tight, and over a few years the packaging and record itself can start to Warp. If it looks like that might happen (hold it on its side and see if it looks like it's curved), then I'd open it straight away. Most modern vinyl is sealed pretty well and safely, though, but I once had a picture disc from the early 80s that was sealed, and after a decade like that, you could just about have eaten soup out of it.

Well done on getting a nice edition of a great classic record, though!

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

11 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

ok. like wow I've just been made aware of the single picture discs and they're beauuuutiful. I've a question on the hierarchy of Lana's album vinyls tho. is the UO Honeymoon version really that sought after? the prices are so high.. 

not really, its just that they were ~limited~ (although they were on sale for like 2.5 years or so), and now ppl are hoarding it. Also, UO shipping to anywhere outside the US is crazy expensive, so any reseller from Europe etc is gonna charge 70$ minimum to get those costs back

same price increase is gonna happen with the NFR UO vinyl once it sells out in a year or so

image.png

42 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

not really, its just that they were ~limited~ (although they were on sale for like 2.5 years or so), and now ppl are hoarding it. Also, UO shipping to anywhere outside the US is crazy expensive, so any reseller from Europe etc is gonna charge 70$ minimum to get those costs back

same price increase is gonna happen with the NFR UO vinyl once it sells out in a year or so

that makes sense. and wow I had no idea, that's. it is what it is. 

/

since I'm on the thread. I just wanted to know if anyone knows of vinyls with secret songs/album booklets. I was looking thru Troye's and he has like a reprise for Seventeen, not to mention an album booklet, FOR THE VINYL. I don't think we ever got those from Lana. but that'd be so amazinnng. 

UV/Honeymoon

Fam I didn’t even think to come here

i have gone on a vinyl binge since lockdown started (oops) and I have been collecting so many

I haven’t got a photo but I’ll take one (I also just ordered Rihanna’s vinyl boxset cause I need Anti on vinyl so bad)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

On 9/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Those of you who have a vinyl Instagram, drop your @! <3 Here's mine:

such a lovely username :hooker:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it