LOVE

Vinyl Collectors/Enthusiasts

1 hour ago, vodkaa said:

I. I was looking for the Rihanna anti vinyl. and. it costs so much. 

It’s disgusting how expensive it is tbh, especially looking to buy it on it’s own

I was watching the boxset on Amazon for ages sit at $400AUD and then I went back to look at it was suddenly $570AUD so I decided then and there I just had to make the leap

I haven’t regretted it........yet

but also all of Rihanna’s albums are amazing so it’s okay (pls tell me it’s okay)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

1 minute ago, yayoop said:

It’s disgusting how expensive it is tbh, especially looking to buy it on it’s own

I was watching the boxset on Amazon for ages sit at $400AUD and then I went back to look at it was suddenly $570AUD so I decided then and there I just had to make the leap

I haven’t regretted it........yet

but also all of Rihanna’s albums are amazing so it’s okay (pls tell me it’s okay)

Like just Anti or the group of albums? bc wth.. uh. I HATE it when they do that. I was gonna buy a Mariah box set and asked the contents of what was inside and they shot the cost from 60 to 300 dollars. which starting out my collection was like. ugh. feel ya on that. bought a copy of Troye Sivan's Bloom, bc he had a secret track and booklet w his, so it's like he put thought for the people buying the records. checked and there were other versions. it's a market forsure. 

was the set that u got the supposed repress that others were talking about online? bc apparently it'll be Anti's fifth year or something next year and they might reissue it. but honestly, if it's the multi album one. I think u should try checking amazon again bc that one's like at 260 right now so u'd be saving A LOT of money.. 

her records really are amazing. no doubt

UV/Honeymoon

On 9/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, True Bromance said:

Ok so I bought the Record Store Day picture disc edition of Seventeen Seconds by The Cure and I'm wondering, do you think I should keep it in its packaging? Like do you think it could be worth A LOT of money in a few years since its a RSD exclusive or should I open it (It's literally one of my favorite record, but if I can get a few hundreds out of it I might keep it mint)?

ok bringing this question back up tho too. just the general part but yeah. does it devalue it by a lot? bc up til now, I'd just unpack my vinyls and play them as intended, and probably wouldn't sell them, but I just like a good value. 

I know Charli's like real big here on the forum, so just real excited to be getting my yellow HIFN record, and aside from some albums, I don't really think I've much yet that can build any value imo. this is like, currently riveting it's amazing hahahahaha

UV/Honeymoon

I don't wanna spam the Charli thread atm bc they're probably having a good disc. but why is the Number 1 Angel/Pop 2 vinyl sooooo expensive? was it just a limited supply or smth? 

I'm kinda hoping the yellow HIFN's gonna build value too.

edit: got the dark green version of Violet.

UV/Honeymoon

Pro-tip for those already wealthy enough to invest in vinyl records, purchasing 2 copies of records you really enjoy allows you to display a copy and play one for your own enjoyment. And in most cases vinyl records increase in value as the market is increasing again, making them a good investment in an artist as opposed to buying stock in a company. Haha that’s my view at least 

‘EDIT: I mainly use this mindset for new releases that will most likely sell out, so please bear that in mind :) 

Edited by Jack

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

33 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

has anyone ordered Troye and Taylor records yet? mine haven't even shipped yet, timeframes respected. 

In A Dream is scheduled for the 30th of October as far as I'm aware, I hope there won't be any (further) delays. No idea about Taylor. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Y'all my bf brought over his entire record collection to my place so I'm sitting here with stacks of records :toofunny: secretly thinking about never giving them back though hahahaha he has an original pressing of Abbey Road & some other really good stuff. Some Yes, Genesis, original pressing of the first Grateful Dead album, some Moody Blues, Rush, and then we have my stack of records of newer artists lmaooooo

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

12 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Living with a cat that sheds a shitload of fur is not good for someone who likes to play records....

I think some are permanently fucked up and I need to take better care of them. Does anyone else have this problem? 

FWIW you should try one of those little record player brushes to clean them of pet hair and other debris

Are there any albums from the past decade any of you are looking for on vinyl in barely used condition? Lots of albums I’ve gotten that came out in the ‘10s I never listen to and are still in great shape, so I was thinking of maybe selling some before the holidays, so let me know if there’s anything any of you are looking for because I might have it (I don’t really have hip hop, but I’ve got lots of pop and indie). I’m putting a bunch up for sale next week, but I’m giving you guys first pick. 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

2 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Are there any albums from the past decade any of you are looking for on vinyl in barely used condition? Lots of albums I’ve gotten that came out in the ‘10s I never listen to and are still in great shape, so I was thinking of maybe selling some before the holidays, so let me know if there’s anything any of you are looking for because I might have it (I don’t really have hip hop, but I’ve got lots of pop and indie). I’m putting a bunch up for sale next week, but I’m giving you guys first pick. 

what artists? ? 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS